World's Largest Herpes Support Group
bigsusan

Went from "harmless" HSV1 on the lips, to a nightmare of symptoms.

ExhaustedGirl1
On 11/29/2018 at 12:41 PM, bigsusan said:

Recurrent tingling in the same areas, followed by itching, pain and bumps/sores are a symptom of anxiety and depression?

And I already said I do meditation for the emotional effects, which I'm dealing with a lot better than a person who doesn't meditate. I don't need to see a doctor for my mental health (who would probably just prescribe unnecessary antidepressants) because outside of the persistent itching and sores, I feel fine and am able to live my life. It makes sense to have at least occassional fears of serious issues when you have a infection in such sensitive areas. 

Um of you have oozing sores on your vagina why exactly have you not gotten them swabbed to find out what they are? That seems suuuper irresponsible to me. 

Gems
On 11/29/2018 at 4:09 PM, bigsusan said:

Two years ago I cheated on my boyfriend with my ex boyfriend, in a fit of confusion, dissatisfaction and a delusional urge to feel good about myself. Turns out my ex boyfriend had contracted HSV1 while we were apart. Felt the tingling on my lips about two months later. Was in denial and just kept living my life. Told my boyfriend about the cheating and he forgave me, thank goodness.

Well that tingling spread to my eyes. At this point it was still just tingling, no visible bumps so I figured it can't get much worse. Well, still somewhat in denial, I decided to get a wisdom tooth removed that had been bothering me for a while (since far before I got the HSV). I thought nothing of it and went to the dentist.

Well soon after the removal, like the day after, my first actual sores broke out, on my lips. The eye tingling also got more frequent and painful, and started to feel some slight stings on my hands too about a week after that. Started freaking out and finally got tested. Blood test came back positive for HSV1. I was gutted. Went back to the doctor to talk about options.

Despite the other locations I was now feeling the herpes symptoms (tingling in the eyes, and now vagina from masturbating while in denial, thus not taking the right precautions) like most doctors the one I went to tried to assure me that all I had was a small lip infection that would never be anything worse than that.

Two years and tons of pointless, frustrating doctors visits later and I appear to have spread the infections to the following places. I didn't think it was possible to spread this much, but I'm thinking its very likely that getting a tooth pulled so close to my first outbreak really compromised my immune system's ability to build the usual defenses that would keep it from spreading. These are all the places I've felt symptoms -- tingling, stinging, and/or bumps, in no particular order:

- Lip
- Above lip "mustache" area
- hands... have had actual bumps, many tiny ones and three large ones on the palms that have left scars.
- Eyes/eyelids (not just stinging but I've woken up with them nearly glued shut by either pus or excessive tears due to irritation)
- Sides of face near ears
- Inside ears (I've had stinging and itching inside and outside of the ear, followed by a dimming of my hearing that lasts ~20 minutes at a time. Herpes-caused tinnitus?)
- Inside of nose, including deep inside near sinuses which is very scary due to encephilitis risk
- Chest, above and under boobs
- Neck/collarbone/chin region
- Vagina area (mons pubis, had some sores there burst and leave pus on my underwear recently)

What angers me the most is how casually doctors treated it, enabling my denial for so long. If I had been more informed about precautions maybe I would've taken more of them. I'm also angry that this virus is so stigmatized that accurate information about it is rare. If I knew how likely the potential for spreading was, especially if the immune system was compromised by something like invasive dental work too close to the first outbreak, that probably would've slapped some sense into me before I signed up for that appointment, thinking it'd make no difference.

I'm basically in a position now where I have itching, aches, and bumps every day. Nothing huge and unsightly, the breakouts are usually small itchy bumps, preceded by stinging and tingling. But it's uncomfortable, and the ear, eye, and inner nose infections are pretty fucking scary. The fact that I could go blind, deaf, or even die or lose neural functions, just because of one shitty decision I made is gut-wrenching and horrifying.

I've been using a garlic solution, as advised by a thread I saw on here, and when I apply it it stops any itching and stinging for at least a few hours which is nice. If I didn't have that, I think places like my eyes and ears would be much worse off by now.

Meditation helps me not be overwhelmed with the thoughts and fears. But I want to know if anyone else got unlucky like me and has shitty symptoms that have spread way past the "totally harmless occasional outbreaks in one isolated spot" phase. I need some solidarity.

Its awful I  am going through the same thing due to low immunity. I have low grade infections everywhere. This is totally poss and I don't know why Wilson Aus is in so much denial.   

I have low grade infections some of the ones on my face was from snuggling my cat. You know rubbing faces with the cat and it spread. So yeah. I'm doing alt treatment and I can tell you from the healing reactions it is widespread. I wont even dry with a towel and I am air drying. I wouldn't suggest doing as I am because everyone has to make their own medical decisions. 

I know what it is like to contemplate never having a sexual partner or being able to work or have a life.

I do not think it is all in your head.

People like Wilson Aus are almost in denial this can happen. I am so sorry. 

Gems
On 11/30/2018 at 1:23 AM, BartSimpson said:

This is completely false , this virus infects any nerves it touches . If you've already seroconverted and have a functional immune system it's unlikely youll experience many symptoms related to autoinnoculation. Let your immune system get run down and you'll feel the itching inside the ear , the burning and itching eyes , the nerve and muscle pain etc . Of course if you go to a doctor they will diagnose you with any number of 'symptom management' diseases like fibromyalgia , optic neuritis , peripheral neuropathy etc . 

our medical system is designed to treat symptoms of diseases with drug dependency ($$$) . There's no focus on identification of root cause of illness or prevention . 

And Bigsusan I would highly recommend low histamine diet and low intake of highly acidic foods or drinks . Try that for a week and you will see symptoms improve . When histamines are high in body it suppresses T cell function and T cells are what keep viruses in check .

Absolutely while we should not encourage paranoia we need to make sure denial isn't a factor. Once your infected all over its life over. We have a responsibility. 

Gems
On 11/30/2018 at 7:02 AM, Roja said:

Article nr. 1: They report ONE case of a young boy

Article nr. 2: Four cases

Article nr. 3: Also ONE case of a women who suffered from severe herpes after a traumatic accident.

Again, YES, it might be possible. But these studies say nothing at all up to now! 

Don't make yourself crazy. You are not having terminal cancer, you are not suffering from HIV. It is just herpes. 

Roja it happens all the time. COMMON.

floydmonk

When I was first infected with gHSV1, it affected my entire body and I sensed that I needed to take care in order to be one of those people who don’t have recurrences. Unfortunately I had a scheduled camping trip a month later. I made sure I stayed on acyclovir and brought vitamin C with me. I made it through, but it was rough and could have been much worse, I think. 

I belive your dental work definitely could have compromised your immune system, because I also suffered from boils and bacteria infections in my skin - groin, and later armpit. I was horrified, and confused. I think these things as physiological responses which don’t appear in all people, but any new viral infection severely impedes immune system readiness for months. I have been going through this process for 6 months since my infection.

What worked to reduce my pain was taking beta glucans and Olive Leaf. I also have also found exercise to help greatly.

Once you have you have it for 6 months/year or so it’s a lot safer in your body as the antibodies have been built up. Transmission rates go down after years of infection as long as your body is still strong. 

I really hope and pray you get well soon, or have by now. Do all of the immune boosting techniques you can find.

Gems
On 11/29/2018 at 4:09 PM, bigsusan said:

Two years ago I cheated on my boyfriend with my ex boyfriend, in a fit of confusion, dissatisfaction and a delusional urge to feel good about myself. Turns out my ex boyfriend had contracted HSV1 while we were apart. Felt the tingling on my lips about two months later. Was in denial and just kept living my life. Told my boyfriend about the cheating and he forgave me, thank goodness.

Well that tingling spread to my eyes. At this point it was still just tingling, no visible bumps so I figured it can't get much worse. Well, still somewhat in denial, I decided to get a wisdom tooth removed that had been bothering me for a while (since far before I got the HSV). I thought nothing of it and went to the dentist.

Well soon after the removal, like the day after, my first actual sores broke out, on my lips. The eye tingling also got more frequent and painful, and started to feel some slight stings on my hands too about a week after that. Started freaking out and finally got tested. Blood test came back positive for HSV1. I was gutted. Went back to the doctor to talk about options.

Despite the other locations I was now feeling the herpes symptoms (tingling in the eyes, and now vagina from masturbating while in denial, thus not taking the right precautions) like most doctors the one I went to tried to assure me that all I had was a small lip infection that would never be anything worse than that.

Two years and tons of pointless, frustrating doctors visits later and I appear to have spread the infections to the following places. I didn't think it was possible to spread this much, but I'm thinking its very likely that getting a tooth pulled so close to my first outbreak really compromised my immune system's ability to build the usual defenses that would keep it from spreading. These are all the places I've felt symptoms -- tingling, stinging, and/or bumps, in no particular order:

- Lip
- Above lip "mustache" area
- hands... have had actual bumps, many tiny ones and three large ones on the palms that have left scars.
- Eyes/eyelids (not just stinging but I've woken up with them nearly glued shut by either pus or excessive tears due to irritation)
- Sides of face near ears
- Inside ears (I've had stinging and itching inside and outside of the ear, followed by a dimming of my hearing that lasts ~20 minutes at a time. Herpes-caused tinnitus?)
- Inside of nose, including deep inside near sinuses which is very scary due to encephilitis risk
- Chest, above and under boobs
- Neck/collarbone/chin region
- Vagina area (mons pubis, had some sores there burst and leave pus on my underwear recently)

What angers me the most is how casually doctors treated it, enabling my denial for so long. If I had been more informed about precautions maybe I would've taken more of them. I'm also angry that this virus is so stigmatized that accurate information about it is rare. If I knew how likely the potential for spreading was, especially if the immune system was compromised by something like invasive dental work too close to the first outbreak, that probably would've slapped some sense into me before I signed up for that appointment, thinking it'd make no difference.

I'm basically in a position now where I have itching, aches, and bumps every day. Nothing huge and unsightly, the breakouts are usually small itchy bumps, preceded by stinging and tingling. But it's uncomfortable, and the ear, eye, and inner nose infections are pretty fucking scary. The fact that I could go blind, deaf, or even die or lose neural functions, just because of one shitty decision I made is gut-wrenching and horrifying.

I've been using a garlic solution, as advised by a thread I saw on here, and when I apply it it stops any itching and stinging for at least a few hours which is nice. If I didn't have that, I think places like my eyes and ears would be much worse off by now.

Meditation helps me not be overwhelmed with the thoughts and fears. But I want to know if anyone else got unlucky like me and has shitty symptoms that have spread way past the "totally harmless occasional outbreaks in one isolated spot" phase. I need some solidarity.

I am sorry Bigsusan no one really imo as a right to comment unless they have been throu it. You one big brave susan 4 sharing your experience of the rare but real risks of not knowing how to manage this condition.