World's Largest Herpes Support Group
readytostart

aicuris wins prize for cmv medicine

theuniversesucks

yes roll on pritelivir , last chance saloon for us resistant to current anti virals . 

MikeHerp

I'm hopeful about pritelivir.  I think they have a shot.  

Miss Horne

There’s new treatment available for cmv and shingles but nothing yet for hsv. It’s like a slap in the face! 

Kurdt01

Whatever they release in a couple years will more than likely be off label for us… Still though it’s probably our only hope and a realistic one at that. Specially considering there’s people on this thread already ordering and using it’s equivalent from Japan…And if it’s just under 600 a month from Japan without insurance more than likely it will be much cheaper over here without insurance…

moialbalushi
On 12/11/2018 at 10:14 AM, Kurdt01 said:

Whatever they release in a couple years will more than likely be off label for us… Still though it’s probably our only hope and a realistic one at that. Specially considering there’s people on this thread already ordering and using it’s equivalent from Japan…And if it’s just under 600 a month from Japan without insurance more than likely it will be much cheaper over here without insurance…

But around how much of shedding  is it expected to reduce ? 

Edited by moialbalushi

Miss Horne
On 12/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, moialbalushi said:

Suppose to be twice as good as aciclovir but it targets the virus in a different way, or so I believe. 

dont quit!17
On 12/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, moialbalushi said:

The most effective Pritelivir dose was approximately a 98% reduction in shedding over a 30 day trial. It appears it will be more effective than the Amenamevir medication from Japan. They are both Helicase Primase Inhibitors and I think this could normalize many peoples sex lives and relationships. Maybe not one night stands or things of that sort, but meaningful honest relationships would be easier to accomplish. This can all be a reality in 5-10 years. 

MikeHerp

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1301150

HSV shedding among placebo recipients was detected on 16.6% of days; shedding among pritelivir recipients was detected on 18.2% of days among those receiving 5 mg daily, 9.3% of days among those receiving 25 mg daily, 2.1% of days among those receiving 75 mg daily, and 5.3% of days among those receiving 400 mg weekly. The relative risk of viral shedding with pritelivir, as compared with placebo, was 1.11 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.65 to 1.87) with the 5-mg daily dose, 0.57 (95% CI, 0.31 to 1.03) with the 25-mg daily dose, 0.13 (95% CI, 0.04 to 0.38) with the 75-mg daily dose, and 0.32 (95% CI, 0.17 to 0.59) with the 400-mg weekly dose. The percentage of days with genital lesions was also significantly reduced, from 9.0% in the placebo group to 1.2% in both the group receiving 75 mg of pritelivir daily (relative risk, 0.13; 95% CI, 0.02 to 0.70) and the group receiving 400 mg weekly (relative risk, 0.13; 95% CI, 0.03 to 0.52). The rate of adverse events was similar in all groups.