World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MerlotLover

Other uses for Valacyclovir??

MerlotLover

My partner has a bottle of sleeping pills and accidentally left them in my home. A friend of mine saw the bottle, looked inside and noticed two oval shaped dark blue pills with F82 written on them. She googled the pill description and saw that it was Valacyclovir, which is used to treat Herpes. I confronted my partner about the hidden pills and shevstated that she does not have Herpes and it is to treat something else. When I looked online I see that the drug treats Herpes 1 & 2, Chickenpox (do people still get Chicken Pox?), and Shingles. Is there an Off Brand usage that I don't know about? I just want to make sure she is not withholding information.

WilsoInAus

That’s a bit strange. Although there are other uses for acyclovir and variants, they are usually associated with active herpes issues. I dare say you haven’t seen an active shingles outbreak etc. on this person.

Hence I suggest your partner most probably has herpes. There’s no real reason to hide tablets in a sleeping pill bottle.

It may be feasible that she takes them for oral outbreaks and thinks of cold sores as just that (and herpes is in the genitals, common interpretation).

Dis she take one of these tablets every night?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      That is extremely rarely the case, although it may be mild, most everyone has an outbreak within days of infection. Correct she is blaming you because of your honesty when her boyfriend may have an oral HSV-1 infection. You also tend to find that with the news, some people align subsequent symptoms and convince themselves very readily it must be herpes. Very often, it simply isn’t.
    • emcee
      Hey MyOhMy, I don't have any answers, but I wanted to let you know that I'm having the same experience as you. You are not alone in this. I've had it for 16 months and I have outbreaks so constant I often can't tell when one ends and the next begins. (I usually don't have blisters, but I have near constant fatigue and nerve pains in my thighs and hips, sometimes mild fevers, there's a "flare up" when the nerve pains get noticeably worse about once a week or once every two weeks so I assume that's a new outbreak). Valtrex does not help me at all. I am immunocompetent and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'll be seeing an immunologist in two months, which I'm sure won't help at all, but it's worth a shot Also to note: I also got cold sores multiple times (always mild) this past year while on valtrex, so something's gotta be going on with me.
    • Tapdancer
      So I looked trivalent up, and found an interesting article. What also surprised me is, they haven't completely given up on GEN-003 yet. Trivalent would be great if it would work. Since it already is an approved drug. https://www.acsh.org/news/2019/04/12/will-antiviral-vaginal-gel-help-prevent-herpes-maybe-maybe-not-13944
    • Happybee
      Im watching his videos his pictures and going to get his book.. Im not buying anything but ir is interesting Pictures i meant 
    • Real $lim Katie
      thank you so much😊

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.