World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
77Concerned

COULD THIS BE OHSV-2

77Concerned

So I was diagnosed via Igg blood test in sept 2018 Value 7.0  for hsv2 i was negative for hsv1… I also performed oral as wellwhen I was exposed  I had my primary genital outbreak within 3 days of intercourse only 1 blister that healed in a week since then I've had 1 additional outbreak on my tailbone 2 small sores.

Over the last few weeks I've had some burning daily in the right corner of my mouth its been daily it comes and goes and sometimes I think I feel some burning in my mouth.Never had any sores or bumps inside or outside but am concerned if these are symptoms of Ohsv2. My anxiety is killing me as I'm worried that I could have oral as well.

I'm aware of all the stats that say hsv2  doesn't like the mouth but I've noticed recently several cases of people who have actually contracted it there as well but had both oral and genital outbreaks at the same time. 

Would I have had a oral outbreak by now with a new infection?  Would it be common for these symptoms to happen daily for the past few weeks? Can it be a side effect to the medication? 

I take 500mg of valtrax daily and am still having these symptoms. I also take a listener,  vitamin B complex,  probiotics ,zinc.  

WilsoInAus

You are correct in suggesting that people with dual infections break out at the time. The odds of a dual infection without the outbreak are very low indeed.

The mouth is very sensitive and so many things cause issues. I feel sure this is the case for you.