Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis.
Impressive genital outbreaks since unprotected sex - HSV1 Pos but HSV2 Neg - Herpes or anything else ??By sub16610
I'm really desperated, I've been visiting three different doctors and they didn't help me at all. Here is my story.
I'm a 30 years old male in good physical and medical condition. Healthy and sporty lifestyle.
- April 2018 : One-month holiday trip, including a lot of protected and unprotected sex with stranger girls.
- May 2018 : Back home. I'm noticing redness on the glans and the foreskin of my penis, a few spots under the corona, and my glans looking wrinkled, very dry, and the foreskin looking like "sticky" when retracting the foreskin. I've been thinking about a fungal balanitis, so I've been applying Econazole, without any amelioration. Decided to get tested for HIV, IST, and HSV 1/2. Everything came negative, except HSV1 IgG Positive (IgM 0.70) - so pretty much an old infection. Showed my glans to Generalist Practician who said it looks normal, advises to avoid any chemical, soap, or whatever. I feel pretty much tired all the time, coffee won't help - but I don't feel pain. Tiredness could be related to pollen allergy - I've been tested with a very high IgE.
- June 2018 : Things didn't improve. Exactly the same. Very intense redness after sex, that last up to a week. Decided to go to a dermatologist - even if I showed photos where the redness and the spots are really noticeable, she says she doesn't know, but it doesn't look like herpes to her. She told me to do nothing, avoid chemical and treatments, things should come back in order as nothing has been diagnosed by blood test.
- November 2018 : After another rash/redness episode, went to an urologist. He said my glans and foreskin look normal. The reaction of these 3 doctors to my problem is absolutely incredible. My penis looks completely sick, I told them it has never been like this, and they say it look normal - I don't understand anything. I tried Fusidic Acid cream (antibiotic) without success. Then, I tried antifugal cream again, no result. Foreskin still stick when retracting. I'm beggining thinking about a rare genital HSV1, which outbreaks could be caused by rough sex. Here are some pictures of how my penis was looking at that time.
- December 2018 : Had another blood test. HSV1 still positive, HSV2 still negative, HSV1/2 IgM now in gray zone.
- January 2019 : Since a few days I have the most impressive outbreak I've never had. My glans and foreskin are now covered with red spots. I still don't feel pain - at most a little itchy - but my eyes are blood shot/pink. I don't really feel tired. Yesterday I ran to the pharmacy to buy Valaciclovir - I'm taking 500mg in the morning, 500mg in the evening.
It's been now 8 months I'm dealing with that, and I still don't know what I'm fighting against. As you can guess, it's very hard for me, psychologically.
I'm avoiding having sex and when I do, of course I use protection. Since this last outbreak that really looks terrible, I wouldn't even dare have sex. I'm ashamed, feeling guilty, and it seems like doctors won't help me.
My only hope is this forum.
What is your opinion ? Do you think it looks like an HSV1 outbreak ? If not, what could it be ?
Thanks in advance.
I’m still trying to process this but I am a gay male in my late 20’s that was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 in October 2018. I haven’t been sexually active since 2015 and have only engaged in sexual activity with four people in my life. I’m feeling a lot of emotions because of this; sad, angry, confused, violated, ect. Thoughts like who would’ve thought someone like little ole me, compared to all of the VERY promiscuous people in the world, would end up with Genital Herpes ESPECIALLY when I’ve been abstinent and just focusing on myself for years. That was a gunshot to my soul. It’s crazy that I’ve ALWAYS done regular STD testing, thinking I was negative for everything only to find out that Herpes was never included in my testing because I never knew you had to literally ask for that until this year. The CDC and medical industry is so fucked up and wrong for that. I’ve always used protection, except with my first boyfriend but that was back in 2009-2010 and a condom broke with a sexual encounter I had back in 2011 and I remember immediately putting a new one on him. Unfortunately, all of the men I’ve dealt with sexually are questionable. Half of me wants to know who gave this to me but the other half is like what’s the point. I only have access to contact three of them (I don’t know where the other guy is) but I haven’t spoken to two of them in years, one of them in a whole decade and it would be pretty awkward for me years later to write them a message about herpes. My first boyfriend and I are cordial but he’s still immature so it would be very awkward with him. Anyways, as I’ve been thinking and backtracking my life, I would think I caught this back in 2011 because I remember my anus itching so badly but I thought it was just my hair growing back because I do recall shaving before having sex so I guess that was my first outbreak. Other times I would just get a minor itch in and on my buttocks but I never would’ve thought herpes. I’ve never got outbreaks on my penile area. This is all still confusing and baffling to me. I’m still sad and feeling like my future love life was taken from me. I feel like part of my confidence was taken from me. I don’t even feel comfortable flirting and finding people attractive right now. I’m just releasing my thoughts about my situation but I do have questions. My results also came back saying I had extremely low Vitamin D deficiency; does HSV-2 have something to do with that? Is there a test I could take to tell me exactly when I contracted this virus? This question may be TMI but I masturbate and I notice that a lot of sperm doesn’t cum out sometimes, does HSV-2 have something to do with that?
I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds.
Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses
If so how did you solve the problem?