1 hour ago, Cas9 said:

@KG303

How old are you?

I’m gonna be 21 January first :) 

Cas9
9 hours ago, KG303 said:

I’m gonna be 21 January first :) 

A New Years baby :)

So even if it's 10 years before they greatly reduce the effects of hsv (i.e. functional cure, give or take), you'll still be young. You're in good shape.

Edited by Cas9

hsv2fighter
On 12/6/2018 at 3:28 AM, KG303 said:

I think Jerome labs was recently able to get to like 20% or maybe more of the latent virus. I think last time it was only like 3-4%. I’m not sure if these are the exact numbers but you can definitely research more into it. Still not a lot but that’s a hell of an improvement. It’s not possible in any way shape or form for crispr to not be a solution for us somehow. Let’s hope they figure everything out so we’d only need it as a one time thing and that way it won’t have to stay in our bodies forever. It’s just nice to know progress is being made and is looking good, no matter how many of the people on this site try to tell you it’s hopeless. There is some hope!!

Hi There, it's good news that they can get to 20% latent virus. Could you please provide the related material? Academic paper or news report?

researchingisfun
On 12/6/2018 at 7:14 PM, Newone2 said:

I sure as hell hope so. When that day comes (hopefully within the next decade) I say we put together a national “Fu$k you herpes” day. I’m going to make it a point to celebrate that day for the rest of my life! I’ll bust out a bottle of the finest scotch I can buy and walk around my house butt ass naked getting drunk and eating Cheetos lol. 

I’m very hopeful that some form of CRISPR will put an end to all our suffering once and for all. The  research that is being done these days is better then it’s ever been and that gives me hope. There might actually be a light at the end of this tunnel... even if we can’t see it just yet.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:14 PM, Newone2 said:

I sure as hell hope so. When that day comes (hopefully within the next decade) I say we put together a national “Fu$k you herpes” day. I’m going to make it a point to celebrate that day for the rest of my life! I’ll bust out a bottle of the finest scotch I can buy and walk around my house butt ass naked getting drunk and eating Cheetos lol. 

I’m very hopeful that some form of CRISPR will put an end to all our suffering once and for all. The  research that is being done these days is better then it’s ever been and that gives me hope. There might actually be a light at the end of this tunnel... even if we can’t see it just yet.

Very funny, Cheetos and Scotch! 

Newone2
On 12/15/2018 at 2:12 AM, researchingisfun said:

Very funny, Cheetos and Scotch! 

Sometimes it’s the simple things in life lol :ok_hand::relaxed: