World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
scaredbuthopeful2015

Help - transmission rates

scaredbuthopeful2015

I have a new partner and we are getting close but he is extremely scared to be intimate...even to the point that he wants to wear gloves for intimacy.  He wants a guarantee he will be safe, and I told him I am on 1000 mg valocyclovoir and 1000 mg L-Lysine daily.  That the risk is approx. 2%.  However I noticed in some posts that this risk states annually, can someone please give me any/as much of a breakdown and info on this to help me ease his mind.  I care about him very much and want him to feel comfortable and safe.  I would never put his health at risk...and of course we would also use condoms.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Lora

WilsoInAus

Yes, the transmission odds are 2% over a full year. That’s 100 hot times a year!

Actually the odds are 4% with no measures put in place and no outbreaks when having sex.

Antivirals would halve this to 2% and condoms half again to 1%.

Roja
2 hours ago, scaredbuthopeful2015 said:

I have a new partner and we are getting close but he is extremely scared to be intimate...even to the point that he wants to wear gloves for intimacy.  He wants a guarantee he will be safe, and I told him I am on 1000 mg valocyclovoir and 1000 mg L-Lysine daily.  That the risk is approx. 2%.  However I noticed in some posts that this risk states annually, can someone please give me any/as much of a breakdown and info on this to help me ease his mind.  I care about him very much and want him to feel comfortable and safe.  I would never put his health at risk...and of course we would also use condoms.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Lora

If he wants a guarantee to be safe, he should better stay at home forever - and alone :giggle: Just kidding. Come on - even if he leaves you, he will have sexual relationships with others some time, right? Well guess what, the majority of these people have HSV-1 in their body, a huge part of them on their genitals (not even mentioning other STDs). He will never be absolutely safe. So he should relax, take his gloves off and enjoy some good intimate time with the person he loves. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• mcf1971
      By mcf1971
      I have genital hsv2 and started dating someone who also had genital hsv2 a couple of months ago. I've had it for 18 months and he already had it for 27 years. I haven't been on antivirals because I only had the initial outbreak and 1 more mild one during this time. He was aware of that when we got into this relationship and was not worried about it but, unfortunately I believe I transmitted hsv2 to his oral area when he performed oral sex on me. Then he freaked out, I don't blame him...it was a bad outbreak. He now says that he is afraid of going down on me and doesn't know if we will be able to get passed that. This happened over the past couple of week and I discovered that he already started to check out the positive singles website again. I'm so sad!! I realize that there is a high chance that I passed this to him so now I have hsv2 genital and he has both oral and genital.
      Another issue is that when we started to get intimate, I got tested for other sexually transmitted diseases and asked him to do the same. He dismissed me saying that he was very busy and was going to get to it "as soon as possible." I reminded him about the std testing after all this and he was still dismissive.  If there is one thing I learned from this is that from now on I will have a conversation about sexual health/safety before even touching them! It's crazy how it's so much easier to have sex before these conversations.
      What to do?
      Should I get on antivirals?
      Should he get on antivirals?
      Or both of us?
      If I have an hsv2 genital outbreak or shedding and I don't realize it, can the other person get an outbreak when they are already positive in that area?
      Is there hope for us? Could he just be looking at the site because he is confused or he wasn't that interested to begin with?

• Marley91
      By Marley91
      Going on 11 weeks of back to back obs. I was diagnosed with HSV2 but it is on the palm of my hand. I just now started taking daily antivirals. Im nervous about taking the meds and any side effects I could get from taking them daily, also wondering if my body will become immune to them? 
      Is it normal to have so many outbreaks? 
      I’ve never had an ob on my genitals but I feel like I would know if I ever had right? I’m scared because my dr told me I didn’t need to tell my sexual partners and didn’t need to worry about using condoms because the ob is on my hand and I always keep it covered. Last night I started freaking out about the possibility of having it on my Genitals and wondering if I have passed it to my current partner and I’m freaking out about having to tell him. Can anyone help? I have a doctors appointment next week so I’m stuck waiting and stressing until then. 
      Im avoiding caffeine and I’m taking lysine plus a million other vitamins. What are common triggers that you all deal with? I’m staring to think I’m having so many long lasting ob’s because I’m in the sun all the time? How does that even trigger the ob? 
    • Confusedmw
      By Confusedmw
      When you guys have prodrome symptoms how many doses of acyclovir does it take to knock out your OB if you catch it quick? 
    • StayingUpbeat
      By StayingUpbeat
      Interesting longitudinal study from Taiwan showing that when those with HSV took antivirals the risk of developing dementia is significantly reduced.
      https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13311-018-0611-x
      Since this study was the result of examining available information, not a direct placebo controlled study, it will be interesting to see the outcome of the two current placebo controlled trials on this topic.
      https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=Alzheimer+herpes&term=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
    • Thatguy604
      By Thatguy604
      The main topic is about hiv, but later in the article they say,
      "The researchers say, in the future, the oral drug delivery device could be used for a wide range of diseases, not just HIV."
      A once a week valtrex pill perhaps? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42610315
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.