World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
scaredbuthopeful2015

Help - transmission rates

scaredbuthopeful2015

I have a new partner and we are getting close but he is extremely scared to be intimate...even to the point that he wants to wear gloves for intimacy.  He wants a guarantee he will be safe, and I told him I am on 1000 mg valocyclovoir and 1000 mg L-Lysine daily.  That the risk is approx. 2%.  However I noticed in some posts that this risk states annually, can someone please give me any/as much of a breakdown and info on this to help me ease his mind.  I care about him very much and want him to feel comfortable and safe.  I would never put his health at risk...and of course we would also use condoms.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Lora

WilsoInAus

Yes, the transmission odds are 2% over a full year. That’s 100 hot times a year!

Actually the odds are 4% with no measures put in place and no outbreaks when having sex.

Antivirals would halve this to 2% and condoms half again to 1%.

Roja
2 hours ago, scaredbuthopeful2015 said:

I have a new partner and we are getting close but he is extremely scared to be intimate...even to the point that he wants to wear gloves for intimacy.  He wants a guarantee he will be safe, and I told him I am on 1000 mg valocyclovoir and 1000 mg L-Lysine daily.  That the risk is approx. 2%.  However I noticed in some posts that this risk states annually, can someone please give me any/as much of a breakdown and info on this to help me ease his mind.  I care about him very much and want him to feel comfortable and safe.  I would never put his health at risk...and of course we would also use condoms.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Lora

If he wants a guarantee to be safe, he should better stay at home forever - and alone :giggle: Just kidding. Come on - even if he leaves you, he will have sexual relationships with others some time, right? Well guess what, the majority of these people have HSV-1 in their body, a huge part of them on their genitals (not even mentioning other STDs). He will never be absolutely safe. So he should relax, take his gloves off and enjoy some good intimate time with the person he loves. :)

2kroc
On 12/3/2018 at 1:19 AM, scaredbuthopeful2015 said:

have him wear sweatpants, a nice shirt, and rub coconut oil on his balls and pelvis and in your gential areas.

Bam! No herpes risk. Knowing that would've saved me from herpes

WilsoInAus
11 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

have him wear sweatpants, a nice shirt, and rub coconut oil on his balls and pelvis and in your gential areas.

Bam! No herpes risk. Knowing that would've saved me from herpes

Not again, stop with the fake stuff, you have been found out.

Lift man - time for a New Years resolution, live life and find a girlfriend! You can do it mate, we are all behind you.

Edited by WilsoInAus

2kroc
29 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Not again, stop with the fake stuff, you have been found out.

Lift man - time for a New Years resolution, live life and find a girlfriend! You can do it mate, we are all behind you.

Fake stuff? Herpes can only be transferred to skin-to-skin contact, You strongly acknowledged this before subsequently deterring my thread . You're a fool if you think my credibility as a Herpes victim has any bearing on that fact, ridiculous..

You stop it. You go away.

Edited by 2kroc

WilsoInAus
23 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

Fake stuff? Herpes can only be transferred to skin-to-skin contact, You strongly acknowledged this before subsequently deterring my thread . You're a fool if you think my credibility as a Herpes victim has any bearing on that fact, ridiculous..

You stop it. You go away.

No mate, stay with us, you have a fear of intimacy. You’ve had sexual twice and thick you were infected with herpes twice.

It’s ok mate, own it!!

2kroc
17 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

No mate, stay with us, you have a fear of intimacy. You’ve had sexual twice and thick you were infected with herpes twice.

It’s ok mate, own it!!

You got a sister? I'll get real intimate with her for ya. Won't even put on my sweatpants. Maybe when she comes up with a positive result, you'll finally realize how much of dunce you've been. 

RSL888
On 12/2/2018 at 10:44 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Yes, the transmission odds are 2% over a full year. That’s 100 hot times a year!

Actually the odds are 4% with no measures put in place and no outbreaks when having sex.

Antivirals would halve this to 2% and condoms half again to 1%.

how does one interpret this 2%?

2% of one's liaisons will result in transmission?

2% of the time (ie, days of year) you will be able to transmit (ie 7 days per year)?

How does the figure "100 hot times per year" get calculated?

thanks

WilsoInAus

@RSL888 the 2% means the following.

If you have 100 couples where the female has an established HSV-2 infection genitally and takes daily anti virals and the males do not have HSV-2 - then 1 year later there is the expectation that 2 of the males will have been infected during the year.