World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Hannah95

Fresh out of a relationship. How do I tell new people?

Hannah95

I recently got out of a relationship (from the person who gave me hsv1). How do I tell someone new that it’s not a big deal? Often times I forget I even have it because I haven’t had an outbreak since my first (over a year ago). I know I have to tell them still but how do I make them understand it’s not this horrible thing people make it out to be? 

Anon222

JBnATL has a great topic about this at the top of this section. I would check that out! 

WilsoInAus

@Hannah95 having g HSV-1 opens up a few avenues.

I’d open with that you have the cold sore virus and about some mutual testing before sex. If you both slam down positive HSV-1 tests then happy days. There’s but really any need to then discuss location.

Renember that more guys have HSV-1 than don’t. You’ll often be greeted with a comment such as that they get cold sores too.

If they are negative, the mature ones will know 2/3 or more women have HSV-1 anyway. It’s a risk they have taken before and undoubtedly will again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• seanriley213
      By seanriley213
      Can I please get someone to talk to here?????? I think I'm drowning in pains
    • Skye249
      By Skye249
      How do you strike a balance between remaining unemotional in delivering a disclosure speak and any subsequent questions and being honest about how it has affected you emotionally?
      For me, the emotional fallout of dealing with HSV has had a huge impact and I find it hard to rationally think about how I would deal with this and all the stress of worrying about transmission without letting on how much I am thinking about it – to not scare the other person away and make them think HSV is something to worry about.
      I would want to inform a partner yet enable them to think about it with as little negativity as possible, and yet how could I do this if I was being honest about how I really feel about it?
      And if I couldn't be honest about my journey with it, would that in itself cause more resentment, anger and bitterness? This time directed at the virus itself not the person that gave it to me?
      In essence, for me, dealing with HSV on an emotional level wouldn’t end after a successful disclosure where someone wanted to be in a relationship with me. It’s not the end of the story.
      I've always had an anxiety and I've been seeing a counseller for two years now, as a result of getting HSV. It's not helping.
    • Locs
      By Locs
      I gave my partner oral herpes but I haven’t told him yet. I was just diagnosed 2 days ago. A little background, I’m a normal 20 something year old. I have been having sex with my partner for about 7 months now. When we first started messing around it was more so of a thing that “just happened” (protection was used) around this time he was also talking to another girl as well. We eventually just started hanging out more and we got closer. We’re together all the time, even though we never actually said we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Back in june I was raped by my boss ( he didn’t use protection) I told my partner and we’ve been working through the problem together. My roommate also told me after 2 months of living together that she has type 2 herpes. I was only frustrated with her because she didn’t tell me before we moved in. Not that it would have changed anything, just that I would have taken better precautions because we share practically everything.  I was open with him about me feeling sore down there before I went for a check up. We both thought that I just had gotten a cut from rough sex. He performs oral on me often and he told me how he saw the “cuts” as well but he still proceeded to perform oral a little until i told him it felt too uncomfortable. After that incident we haven’t been having sex until I felt better. (I’m pretty sure that’s the moment I passed my virus on.) I took it upon myself to look at my “cuts” in a hand mirror and it looked too serious to just be from rough sex. I’m not sure if my roommate, him, or my rapist passed it on or maybe I have had it and not known. I just really don’t know how to tell him. The hardest part about having this is that I can pass it on. I just feel so low. And now all I can think about is my rapist and how he could have possibly gave it to me. I ruined my partners life and I’ve been trying to build the courage to tell him. 
    • Blackboi
      By Blackboi
      It was on the 12th of August, 2015 when I realized or had my first out break. Few days before that day (August 12th), I went to a friends birthday party, I had so much alcohol, I was happy then I met this girl, she was kinda alone and me! Feeling like a superstar wanted to cheer her up. 
      So we talked and I gave her some alcohol, she was so much excited and we danced, hugged and even cuddled while dancing. Then she told me she was tired she needed to seat she asked if we could take a walk away from the party. 
      Whom am I to say no, after all she is very pretty and sexy, I took her to a nearby uncompleted building, she asked if she could smoke? I said yes sure feel free. She smoked we had some more drinks, then it happened. We had unprotected sex in that building, although I deed the withdrawal method, hoping and feeling everything is ok. 
      To cut short the story, I started noticing some bumps like objects on and around my penis. To be honest, I was so scared there was nothing that didn't Cross my mind including HIV. I browsed the net for clues or similar symptoms, I became all the more confused. 
      The out break and symptoms lingered for weeks, on the 4th of October I summoned the courage to see a doctor, he examined me and suggested a couple of test. I ran the tests and it was confirmed, I had been infected with Herpes Virus. He then prescribed some drugs for me, which I bought and took according to the prescription. 
      1 and 1/2 weeks later the symptoms cleared and the itching stopped, I took the complete dose just to be sure and it seems like all was ok. By the end of November I noticed a fresh out break again, I went back the doctor he asked me to buy the same and continue the medication, he added that that's herpes for you, just when you think they are gone, they reappear. 
      While taking the drugs the doctor adviced me to avoid alcohol and other substance that may weaken my immune system, it then means I was also suffering from weak or low immune system because as at when I did the test, my white blood cell count was 5700 it was a bit low. 
      This means I had to take my drugs regularly to keep the out break away. To sum up my story, I travelled to the village on the 23rd of December for a burial arrangement. In the course of the event I was discussing with my uncle then I opened up to him and shared my experience. 
      That was when he mentioned moringa leaf and seeds to me, he went into his house brought out a small plastic can filled with moringa seeds, he said I should eat about 4 to 5 seeds three times a day, then take about 3 ounces of dried moringa leave add to a kettle and boil, after boiling I should just drink it like a normal green tea. 
      I spent my remaing days of the festive season in the village, while taking my moringa seeds and tea. I returned to the city with a hand full of seeds and leaves and continued my moringa therapy for the next 3 months. On the first week of April 2016 I decided to take another test, the test result came out and this time my white blood cell count was 8600, although the HSV is still there but I haven't noticed or had any out breaks since I started taking the moringa seeds and leaf. 
      Today is the 27th of July, 2018 and I am glad to say that I have noticed any out breaks since then and I have not been taking any HSV drugs as well. more so, I am proud to say that I am a father to a lovely beautiful baby girl. Although at first I was scared if my girl friend had been infected because I didn't have the nerves to tell her and she was begining to get upset of my frequent use of condoms. 
      So I stopped using the condoms and we had intercourse, and the result is a lovely beautiful baby girl, while we were at the hospital I requested that a test be carried out on her, LO and BEHOLD she was and is still HSV negetive. 
      So my dear lovely people, please don't beat yourself over this, it is most certainly not the end of anything in your life, all you guys need to do is boost your immune system naturally to fight the virus from the inside. Anywhere you find yourselves, please kindly look for moringa seeds and leaf, chew at least 4-5 seeds a day and if you can get the leaf, take two cups of the tea in the morning and two cups in the evening and all will be well with you. 

Thank you all, remain bless
      hendrick.laama@gmail.com
    • arorasmith
      By arorasmith
      Ok so....
      i was very drunk last night and I started fooling around with a boy who doesn’t have the HSV2 virus... 
      We “dry” humped and I mean he had a Condom on and my vaginal lips are quit large so my vagina wasn’t too exposed..  and then I remember him inserting his penis in, but only once and I said “no” so he stopped but then we continued to fool around..
      i just want to know what are the chances of him contacting HSV2 if there was a condom on and I didn’t have any Out Breaks etc....

Help me SOS
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      @MikeIke you won’t be normal until you believe you will be.
    • MikeIke
      Having second thoughts on letting it go. Daily it has been : Mouth : redness around lips, lots of breakouts around lips, white skin crusting around lips Penile : Meatitis, redness, urethritis, glans sensitivity, dysuria, shooting pain from urethra, white peeling skin sometimes New: fatigue, random skin depigmentation, pain spreading into butt as nerve pain Girl i was with mentioned "the hsv blood tests are so inaccurate" - - how would she know this? Planning on asking once I know she won't lie.  Next step is meeting with a new urologist. Retesting igg today 14 weeks.  11 week igg and hiv was neg. 12 week igm was neg but may have waited too long.  I just want to be normal again. 
    • cowpoke02
      forgive heals your self .  plus crazy people love you to suffer and not be happy . being happy ruins them not you . the goal is to make you go to hell .  happy you shall be .. keep you healthy and less out breaks .  stress kills immune system and feed the disease and diseases ..   ptsd and insanity is fed by stress. cure is to forgive yourself for getting used or played and enemy . both in a bad spot or they mentally ill with no empathy feeding off hurting people.  so stay happy ... life traps people play you or whole life even parents siblings .. first one to kill ya rob in end is family . you get other ones inheritance .. many people have no empathy and driven to hurt people . mind defects .. you get beat down your nervous system goes to hell you end up with insanity and psychosis ..  delt with it .  learned a lot but now nervous system is gone . damaged for life . never trust people. i have to move away to get better . sell everything off and get robbed .  so don't get trapped stay healthy . forgive the idiot . maybe he got it out in society as well.  maybe he knew or messed around .. forgive for your self .. not for the idiot .  maybe both victims .    enough rambling . trust your gut even if its wrong its right . lol .  true the other cheek is a good rule and get evidence and keep watch . bad people who would kill you in right chance they set you up and play you from the beginning  . they be friends with every one else and undermine your life ..  so smile and get out and secret vice things and security ..  you flip out they say our crazy with straight face . you hang your self basically . many times media does it too they hang you out to community then they may beat you as well.  why be happy turn cheek . plus they can be your helper on inside .  good to not even let em know your stressed they feed off it.  any way that covers the whole spectrum of why you forgive and forget and in the end it points at the bad guy ..  they smart they break you down over time with mind games and emotional damage .  one day figure it out and yu snap . you become the bad guy they look clean .  you muddy up the picture and more facts against you than them . in court they can have people against you witness than for you .  evil set up / they trick you into evidence against you while they covertly did stuff to you maybe for years .. had siblings recently lie in your face and in front of people and act normal . then see em go bye net day smirking and grinning.  they know mommy is retarded and loves all kids even  if they rib and play her ..  evil people.  disturbed me deeply .  they can pass lie detectors lie to alll .  bring up when you snapped after lifetime of abuse vandalism threats ..  evil as hell . good luck ..  thats why forgive forget gather evidence . don't buy the farm till you find out not moving into crime ring or mad man neighbor . lol. i still can't believe it . half alive at this point ..  nervous system goes your in torture and financial distress and lose entire life .  they drive buy make sure you know they watching you .  make sure see hear them . to keep destabilizing you ..  this can be family special if they have narc dna like mine.  i am not a narc so they all got me at bottom and play me for fun .. once i leave they have to bet on each other ..  they all ready one .. evilest crazy people on earth protected by the law and usually have connections and other crazy people .  be good have fun be safe .  
    • jmherped
      well, the bht isn't as great as I thought really, this outbreak has gone the full cycle.. although not as bad as it could have been.  My thyroid is pinching my windpipe, and I get gut inflammation when it flares up with the herpes outbreak, so thinking I have hashimoto's.  I can't really afford to do blood tests though, and I'm hoping that it's not the case that my immune system has gone rogue and now attacking my thyroid, but it wouldn't surprise me as my immune system is hyper active and it just doesn't stop the attack.  My immune system is in a state of dysregulation.  I'm taking some cheap generic aciclovir here but the fillers create terrible side effects and it is not as effective as the valtrex, though that is not saying much, though I did not give it enough credit as it was keeping my relatively afloat.  I have a shipment of famciclovir coming in and will try that for 90 days, and then probably go back to the valtrex.  I'm taking my game to a new level in order to enhance t cell functions, remove all extra external sources of inflammation, and potential autoimmune triggers.  I need to regain control of my hpt axis.  I'm currently doing bone broth fasting for three days and have bounced pretty well from that, gut inflammation gone and neck swelling coming down, still the last residual blisters in the back of my mouth, around the epiglottis and that mucous flesh back there.  When I start eating again I'm going to be doing sardines, spinach, sweet potatoes, full paleo ai diet.  There a ton of information about regulating the th1-th2-th3 system on selfhacked.com, but this is complicated stuff, and it gets so expensive.  My shopping carts at iherb and amazon right now are over 1000 for just one month of stuff, so this isn't going to work for me.  The thymosin peptides look very interesting.  Thymosin alpha is used for treating hep b and c, and it is immune modulating.  I'm not sure what is going on, so supplementing would be trial and error, whereas thymosin alpha should do what I'm trying to achieve automatically, if it works.  Hoping to get it soon from the pharmacy here.  I tried 35mcg of T4 levothyroxine as few days ago and it was the worst experience of my life, very bad trip, horrible effects.  If I end up on that crap I would probably rather be dead.  Thank god for the low dose naltrexone and methylene blue though, these two are life savers.  5 mg of methylene blue gives me full brain power and good body energy, and seems to knock back the herpes.  LDN, is really good for feeling better.  As soon as I'm done with my swim I feel the endorphins just cranking out and it really helps to calm the nervous system.  Quite a lot can to experiment with diet/supplement wise, and I feel it can mostly be done with diet.  I'm dropping back to 500mg bht, and will stay there.  It does make the valtrex etc combo work better, but I haven't seen any great benefit from higher doses.  I will let you know how the thymosin alpha works for me.  I'm pretty sure most of my herpes symptoms are coming from the attack on my thyroid.  I am hoping it is not an ai attack, but from what I"ve been reading, all signs seem to point that way.  The next time i talk to the online doctor I will ask him if it is possible to get inflamed thyroid from herpes without the immune system self attack involved.  If it is autoimmune, I will guinea pig myself with a shot of stems in the my neck, I would rather die than lose my thyroid.  Well, good luck everybody.... 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @raregem that’s most generous of you to provide all interested people on this forum with free herpes treatments, just the way nature intended.  Thank you. Pip... Pip... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.