World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
raka

Does Antibodies ever go away? need info on this

raka

I have been googling about it and i found out that: For Hepatitis C even though the virus is cleared from the body, the antibodies does NOT go away. The viral load becomes undetected. The virus is gone and the patient is cured! ... This just means that the antibody test given after SVR will be less strong, but it will still be found in the blood of patients who were ever positive for hepatitis C virus

is this the same case in Herpes too?

blaze123

Generally, yes, exposure to HSV means lifelong infection and lifelong presence of antibodies.  

There are some documented cases where persons infected with HSV long-term  do not show antibodies at a later date (this is called "seroreversion"), but it is comparatively rare, and there is no reason to think it indicates their body has eradicated the virus: herpes is good at hiding and, if the virus is latent, antibody titers eventually drop below a detectable level.  This does NOT mean someone is cured, as the virus can reactivative at any time.

Cas9

Sadly, people fall for scams that say they can cure hsv. There is nothing that currently cures hsv. Not Synergy, nor Ozone. The latent virus is there to stay UNTIL scientists figure out a way to get at it. They're getting closer.

For those of you that believe some of these products are therapeutic, that's reasonable, at best. But for those of you that still believe these products are going to CURE you, you are wasting your money. The final decision is yours of course.

Newone2
44 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

Sadly, people fall for scams that say they can cure hsv. There is nothing that currently cures hsv. Not Synergy, nor Ozone. The latent virus is there to stay UNTIL scientists figure out a way to get at it. They're getting closer.

For those of you that believe some of these products are therapeutic, that's reasonable, at best. But for those of you that still believe these products are going to CURE you, you are wasting your money. The final decision is yours of course.

It is truly disheartening how many scams are on the market preying on people's hopes. Cas9 do you think it's a realistic assumption that we will have a functional cure in the next ten years? With all the new research being done on hsv I feel like its not out of the relm of possibility. 

Cas9
6 minutes ago, Newone2 said:

It is truly disheartening how many scams are on the market preying on people's hopes. Cas9 do you think it's a realistic assumption that we will have a functional cure in the next ten years? With all the new research being done on hsv I feel like its not out of the relm of possibility. 

I absolutely believe it's possible in the next 10 years. Also note that if a prophylactic vaccine is developed, that would be huge; you would never have to worry about passing the virus to anyone. HUGE!

Newone2
3 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

I absolutely believe it's possible in the next 10 years. Also note that if a prophylactic vaccine is developed, that would be huge; you would never have to worry about passing the virus to anyone. HUGE!

I agree 100%! If they can somehow knock shedding / transmission rates down to zero it would effectively give us our lives back and eradicate the stigma. Here's to having hope!

Gunthersunshine

Hi everyone. I’m new to this and wish I could turn back time to when I didn’t have to deal with it. My happy outlook on life feels like it has been put on hold. I have been reading the threads on this forum and very grateful for the varied insights. I would love a definitive cure right now but know deep down I have to be patient. If anyone out there has actually been cured please let me know how and you would be my super hero forever! Please be truthful though! I noticed on another thread that a march was suggested to raise awareness and expidite a cure etc. I understand the pros and cons of this suggestion especially the the anonymity side of it. In Aust. TV programs often ask for suggestions of stories to air. Also live morning and afternoon shows draw in a lot of audiences. I’m thinking that perhaps we could target platforms such as these to gain support and funding. This might help with the anonymity side of things. The Keith Jerome studies look promising. I’ll try to keep my chin up and hugs to us all. We are in this together. 

Cas9
1 hour ago, Gunthersunshine said:

Hi everyone. I’m new to this and wish I could turn back time to when I didn’t have to deal with it. My happy outlook on life feels like it has been put on hold. I have been reading the threads on this forum and very grateful for the varied insights. I would love a definitive cure right now but know deep down I have to be patient. If anyone out there has actually been cured please let me know how and you would be my super hero forever! Please be truthful though! I noticed on another thread that a march was suggested to raise awareness and expidite a cure etc. I understand the pros and cons of this suggestion especially the the anonymity side of it. In Aust. TV programs often ask for suggestions of stories to air. Also live morning and afternoon shows draw in a lot of audiences. I’m thinking that perhaps we could target platforms such as these to gain support and funding. This might help with the anonymity side of things. The Keith Jerome studies look promising. I’ll try to keep my chin up and hugs to us all. We are in this together. 

No one has ever been cured of herpes. If anyone tells you they have or that it's presently possible, they are either lying, or simply don't know any better. Curing herpes will be all over the news when it happens. The virus lives in the nerve cells. It's a difficult anatomical issue and it's why, despite many efforts, not one vaccine has been successful. But through some of these failures and new research, science has learned a lot. They're getting closer so hang in there.

How do you think a march is going to expedite a cure? Be specific, because general statements don't really amount to much. The devil is in the details.

Edited by Cas9

Gems
2 hours ago, Gunthersunshine said:

There is a naturopath on the synergy pages that obtained a neg on her IgG.

Diet and lifestyle can help at least.

I'll be posting my results when it is worth while. I'm just letting people know I am here before I go quiet for a while.

I think it is good there are diversity of opinions and people express their difference with courtesy and respect.  

I believe in the very least the people who have less issues with the disease in general have more robust health. 

Gunthersunshine
16 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

No one has ever been cured of herpes. If anyone tells you they have or that it's presently possible, they are either lying, or simply don't know any better. Curing herpes will be all over the news when it happens. The virus lives in the nerve cells. It's a difficult anatomical issue and it's why, despite many efforts, not one vaccine has been successful. But through some of these failures and new research, science has learned a lot. They're getting closer so hang in there.

How do you think a march is going to expedite a cure? Be specific, because general statements don't really amount to much. The devil is in the details.

Hi cas9, thank you for your reply. If only what you are saying about a cure already being out there wasn’t true . It would be the best Christmas present ever.

In regards to the march- it was suggested on another thread and it was to raise more awareness and hopefully push the govt. etc to find a cure( that’s how I interpreted it anyway). I was putting the idea out there of putting it out there in TV to reach an even wider audience. I’ll try and keep hanging in there- thank you so much for the positive thought. 

Gunthersunshine
1 hour ago, Gems said:

There is a naturopath on the synergy pages that obtained a neg on her IgG.

Diet and lifestyle can help at least.

I'll be posting my results when it is worth while. I'm just letting people know I am here before I go quiet for a while.

I think it is good there are diversity of opinions and people express their difference with courtesy and respect.  

I believe in the very least the people who have less issues with the disease in general have more robust health. 

Hi Gems, do you mean the Synergy pages on this forum? I would love to know how you go with the products. If - fingers crossed it does- I can’t wait to see the headline news. 

I ageee that lifestyle and diet plays a big role. That’s one part I’m trying to deal with. I was generally pretty healthy before but now I feel I’m giving up the majority of things I enjoyed and still getting outbreaks.

Is it normal to get outbreaks when you start ‘mega boosting’ your immune system- sorry I can’t think of a better phrase!) that you get outbreaks? If so, is that a good sign? 

Cas9
1 hour ago, Gunthersunshine said:

Hi cas9, thank you for your reply. If only what you are saying about a cure already being out there wasn’t true . It would be the best Christmas present ever.

In regards to the march- it was suggested on another thread and it was to raise more awareness and hopefully push the govt. etc to find a cure( that’s how I interpreted it anyway). I was putting the idea out there of putting it out there in TV to reach an even wider audience. I’ll try and keep hanging in there- thank you so much for the positive thought. 

I certainly agree that it would be the best Christmas ever. I would be elated for all the young people that could live their lives free of this infection. But curing hsv is difficult and it's never happened. Here's a quote from someone involved in hsv research at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NYC:

"Developing a herpes vaccine is one of the holy grails of infectious disease research," said co-study leader William Jacobs Jr., Ph.D., a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and the Leo and Julia Forchheimer Chair in Microbiology & Immunology at Einstein."

Professor Jacobs is involved in research that believes it's figured out how to block the virus from infecting people who don't have the virus yet. Essentially, a prophylactic vaccine. I think the approach was the brainchild of Betsy Herold but I can't say for sure. But she certainly is a main player in this research. The vaccine, if successful, may also have some therapeutic effects for those that already have the virus. That will be researched.

So research is progressing on multiple fronts; some that we likely don't even know about yet. The understanding on how the virus works has improved greatly. This in turn will increase the chances of finding a cure. Also keep in mind that there's research not directly tied to hsv but can be utilized for hsv.

Edited by Cas9

Gems
1 minute ago, Gunthersunshine said:

Hi Gems, do you mean the Synergy pages on this forum? I would love to know how you go with the products. If - fingers crossed it does- I can’t wait to see the headline news. 

I ageee that lifestyle and diet plays a big role. That’s one part I’m trying to deal with. I was generally pretty healthy before but now I feel I’m giving up the majority of things I enjoyed and still getting outbreaks.

Is it normal to get outbreaks when you start ‘mega boosting’ your immune system- sorry I can’t think of a better phrase!) that you get outbreaks? If so, is that a good sign? 

There will be no headline news other than here. The whole system would crumble. It's not so much that they make so much money it's about how much is invested in the system. 

I have just updated my page with the things or schools of thought that I am following. I have just been unlucky and lucky to come across what I have. I know a bit but I am sure people smarter than me would understand it better. I put up enough that people would understand better how Synergy might work, but also other things that I am doing with it. They are jumping points that can inform your own research. I am more interested in a whole body systems approach over just remedies.  

The best thing I can say is it depends in terms of symptomatology. Everyone's different. Yes you may get outbreaks when mega boosting. You might have a nasty strain also that will take time to settle down. (If I say did lots of ozone at the moment I would get aching and throbbing at the primary infection sites while doing the protocol and I might get out breaks but I may then find the over pins/ticks/needles and level of infection drops. I am not doing ozone at the moment thou) I read a thread here the other day of someone using I think Hydrogen peroxide drops that wasn't curing it but causing it to "fight for it's life" ie aggravating symptoms. Though five years ago when I was healthier and looked after myself it would just clear up, but I wasn't actively trying  to get rid of it and it wasn't a big issue nor extensive like mine is now.   

There is one neg IgG claim and one equivocal and two people who only did it for six months who said it didn't work and a few at the 5 month stage with cleared symptoms, and two veggie/vegan women looking if I recall struggling like it was going to take them longer or may be the 20% it doesnt work for. 

I am still getting symptoms. My are constant and low grade. The improvement so far is like when I used to eat well I can just feel I am not as infected. I will not know until the three month mark how I am going. Most people who do it in six months clear most symptoms by then. I have extra details of my diet and so on my posts in threads than on profile.   

A lot of my links might help if you are having trouble making lifestyle changes.

You can PM me anytime. I like to support each other helps stay motivated and focused.  

Gunthersunshine
18 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

I certainly agree that it would be the best Christmas ever. I would be elated for all the young people that could live their lives free of this infection. But curing hsv is difficult and it's never happened. Here's a quote from someone involved in hsv research at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NYC:

"Developing a herpes vaccine is one of the holy grails of infectious disease research," said co-study leader William Jacobs Jr., Ph.D., a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and the Leo and Julia Forchheimer Chair in Microbiology & Immunology at Einstein."

Professor Jacobs is involved in research that believes it's figured out how to block the virus from infecting people who don't have the virus yet. Essentially, a prophylactic vaccine. I think the approach was the brainchild of Betsy Herold but I can't say for sure. But she certainly is a main player in this research. The vaccine, if successful, may also have some therapeutic effects for those that already have the virus. That will be researched.

So research is progressing on multiple fronts; some that we likely don't even know about yet. The understanding on how the virus works has improved greatly. This in turn will increase the chances of finding a cure. Also keep in mind that there's research not directly tied to hsv but can be utilized for hsv.

I’m thinking of asking Santa Claus. Surely he can make this cure happen. 

I hope the research that is going on behind the scenes is progressing very fast. I know tests take time but maybe there is someone gleefully rubbing their hands together in a lab right now ready to tell the world. I’ve got to keep positive somehow! 

Cas9
1 minute ago, Gunthersunshine said:

I’m thinking of asking Santa Claus. Surely he can make this cure happen. 

I hope the research that is going on behind the scenes is progressing very fast. I know tests take time but maybe there is someone gleefully rubbing their hands together in a lab right now ready to tell the world. I’ve got to keep positive somehow! 

How old are you and are you involved with anyone at this time?

Cas9
6 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

How old are you and are you involved with anyone at this time?

@Gunthersunshine

This isn't a pickup line (LOL); Just want to know if your struggling to find someone or already have someone (which is a good thing). And if your young the odds of being rid of  this virus while still in your prime so to speak, are improved.

Gunthersunshine
46 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

@Gunthersunshine

This isn't a pickup line (LOL); Just want to know if your struggling to find someone or already have someone (which is a good thing). And if your young the odds of being rid of  this virus while still in your prime so to speak, are improved.

Ha ha ha too funny! I’m over 30. I have young children but I’m not with their father anymore. Frustratingly I met up with someone I trusted and the rest is history. I can’t even dream of being with anyone now. 

Gunthersunshine
26 minutes ago, brookeb300 said:

Anitibodies are good 

Hi Brookeb300, antibodies are good but being completely clear of this would be fantastic. 

Gunthersunshine
1 hour ago, Gems said:

There will be no headline news other than here. The whole system would crumble. It's not so much that they make so much money it's about how much is invested in the system. 

I have just updated my page with the things or schools of thought that I am following. I have just been unlucky and lucky to come across what I have. I know a bit but I am sure people smarter than me would understand it better. I put up enough that people would understand better how Synergy might work, but also other things that I am doing with it. They are jumping points that can inform your own research. I am more interested in a whole body systems approach over just remedies.  

The best thing I can say is it depends in terms of symptomatology. Everyone's different. Yes you may get outbreaks when mega boosting. You might have a nasty strain also that will take time to settle down. (If I say did lots of ozone at the moment I would get aching and throbbing at the primary infection sites while doing the protocol and I might get out breaks but I may then find the over pins/ticks/needles and level of infection drops. I am not doing ozone at the moment thou) I read a thread here the other day of someone using I think Hydrogen peroxide drops that wasn't curing it but causing it to "fight for it's life" ie aggravating symptoms. Though five years ago when I was healthier and looked after myself it would just clear up, but I wasn't actively trying  to get rid of it and it wasn't a big issue nor extensive like mine is now.   

There is one neg IgG claim and one equivocal and two people who only did it for six months who said it didn't work and a few at the 5 month stage with cleared symptoms, and two veggie/vegan women looking if I recall struggling like it was going to take them longer or may be the 20% it doesnt work for. 

I am still getting symptoms. My are constant and low grade. The improvement so far is like when I used to eat well I can just feel I am not as infected. I will not know until the three month mark how I am going. Most people who do it in six months clear most symptoms by then. I have extra details of my diet and so on my posts in threads than on profile.   

A lot of my links might help if you are having trouble making lifestyle changes.

You can PM me anytime. I like to support each other helps stay motivated and focused.  

Thank you Gems. I’m really hoping everything works out for you and everyone else. I promise I won’t stalk you but would love to keep track of your progress. Please also feel free to pm me too. Thank you for your support. 

Cas9
10 minutes ago, Gunthersunshine said:

Ha ha ha too funny! I’m over 30. I have young children but I’m not with their father anymore. Frustratingly I met up with someone I trusted and the rest is history. I can’t even dream of being with anyone now. 

Well in that case, maybe I should try and pick you up. Just kidding. I'm old enough to be your dad :)

Give it time; no rush. There's a good chance you'll eventually find someone

Gunthersunshine
4 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

Well in that case, maybe I should try and pick you up. Just kidding. I'm old enough to be your dad :)

Give it time; no rush. There's a good chance you'll eventually find someone

And for one moment there I had a glimmer of hope! LOL!! I said I was over 30- that could mean anything.. and I had young children. I might be old enough to be your mum and think that my children will always be young. Anyway it’s good to try and have a laugh amongst trying to deal with this rubbish. 

Cas9
16 minutes ago, Gunthersunshine said:

And for one moment there I had a glimmer of hope! LOL!! I said I was over 30- that could mean anything.. and I had young children. I might be old enough to be your mum and think that my children will always be young. Anyway it’s good to try and have a laugh amongst trying to deal with this rubbish. 

I'm 64