• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Amnprsc
      Did anyone ordered it online? Shipping time? Does it ship to anywhere?    So the price is about 150€ for 1 course (=5 times, 1 time each 7 days? )    Is it simple to self take? (by the help of a friend)  I would like to try it, and I am considering it. 
    • Jeremy Spokein
      We are not alone Thank God you all exist. You give me faith that I can enter a faithful, loving relationship again some day with someone who can understand. Sometimes I create my own hell in my mind, though I know it's just the mind running amok and life only happens in the Present moment. "I choose peace in this present moment." - really powerful mantra when you notice your mind running off into thoughts that are no good for you.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      Of course! Happy to help. Over a week now since that first dose and all is well. So fear not, everyone Will try to post an update with dose #2.
    • vannen2
      Thanks for the answer, Wilson. Sorry for taking long to come back here, didn't really have the time to sit down on my computer and I've been trying to not think much about it.  I took a blood test and I'm waiting for the result. As of now, the redness covers a slightly bigger area and I feel some occasional itches. It definitely isn't herpes but at this point I've already accepted I have something, nothing like this ever happened before and honestly? If anything comes positive, I deserve it.  Maybe I'll come back with a current picture for the people that may end up in this post in the future. I will come back with the results as well, of course! I looked a lot into this forum and other people's stories have certainly opened my eyes to many things in life, so I'm thankful for that too!
    • WilsoInAus
      No problems @AlexUobby those queries are reasonable concerns and I hope these answers give you comfort. Every test has a minimum value (including between HSV-1 and HSV-2 from the same blood sample). This ranges from 0.01 to 0.80 in theory, but in practice more like 0.01 to 0.40. Any value in this range is very likely a minimum value and means an absence of the antibody being tested for. Hence if you get say a 0.3 value on this upcoming test, then the correct interpretation is that it is a minimum value and means no antibodies at all - negative. IgG testing is far from perfect in terms of them being a little too sensitive and generating false positives. This is because although they try and find the best antigen that attracts only an antibody specific to the virus being tested for, this is imperfect and other proteins may be present that attach to the antigen. This is true for all IgG testing. You will also find a very large number of people on this site whose low positives transpired to be negatives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.