World's Largest Herpes Support Group
sheenas

Im 21 with hsv 1 and 2

sheenas

Its been a year since my outbreak that hurted. 18 months later i get these little bumps and rash that was itchy.. and thank goodness they didnt hurt or burn. 

But im wondering later in life will i get the same painful sores like the first time? Or will they get more milder just like the little itchy bumps i had? I dont ever want to feel pain like the first outbreak

Edited by Sheena C
Typos

sheenas

I took a blood test and it came back positive for hsv 1 and 2 today

Edited by Sheena C

WilsoInAus

Now what is important is exactly the test you had and what were the results. Did you get a copy of the results?

@Sheena C

Edited by WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus

You really have to stay curious on this one. There are many incorrect tests and even more incorrect interpretations. It is very unusual to be suddenly diagnosed with both types using a blood test. It really warrants further probing.

Why did you get this particular blood test? Have you had any others?

sheenas

Well ill tell you my whole story. I lived in another city. About 1 Year and 6 months ago i broke out in sores, they were bumps and i think one lesion near my butt.. it burned to pee. I went to a klinic to get checked. The docter there examined me and she told me "these look like herpes but im not sure" then she gave me blue pills. They worked well bc the sores went away. The tests came back and the nurse told me that i had chlamydia and gohnoreea but didnt tell me i didnt have herpes?! They took a swab, blood, and pee test this time.

Then 1 year and 6 months go by. I live in another place. 3 weeks ago i noticed red bumps down there that felt rough to touch. The bumps didnt burn or hurt they just itched. I shaved 2 weeks before they appeared. I got worried and went to the nurse to get a blood test to tell me atleast if i had herpes. Then today they tell me the tests came back hsv 1 and 2 poaitive. But ive never had any cold sores at all. idk about inside my mouth

But who knows.. I heard herpes symptoms can be mild that it goes unnoticed.

I plan to kill myself on new years

Edited by Sheena C

WilsoInAus

Hey @Sheena C in the end, you will be dead a hell of a lot longer than you are alive, there is really no rush!

Where are you located roughly?

Please contact the doctor's office for a copy of the test. You want to know the following:
- which tests were performed, was it IgM, IgG or both
- was it type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2 or a combined test
- what were the values for each of the separate tests you received.

sheenas

Im about to call the first klinic i got tested. Ans ill ask for a copy from the test from the second clinic

WilsoInAus

That’s terrific @Sheena C stay with us here. There will be multiple people watching your story thinking about you. You are also likely to provide some role modelling to the many young men and women who will also experience issues and feel lost and in some despair.

Come whatever may, as far as herpes is concerned, this is a natural human virus along for life’s journey that will only influence that journey to the extent you let it.

sheenas

I dont feel really depressed as the time i found out i had it. Its very heartbreaking.

Life must go on! 

hellohello111
2 hours ago, Sheena C said:

Well ill tell you my whole story. I lived in another city. About 1 Year and 6 months ago i broke out in sores, they were bumps and i think one lesion near my butt.. it burned to pee. I went to a klinic to get checked. The docter there examined me and she told me "these look like herpes but im not sure" then she gave me blue pills. They worked well bc the sores went away. The tests came back and the nurse told me that i had chlamydia and gohnoreea but didnt tell me i didnt have herpes?! They took a swab, blood, and pee test this time.

Then 1 year and 6 months go by. I live in another place. 3 weeks ago i noticed red bumps down there that felt rough to touch. The bumps didnt burn or hurt they just itched. I shaved 2 weeks before they appeared. I got worried and went to the nurse to get a blood test to tell me atleast if i had herpes. Then today they tell me the tests came back hsv 1 and 2 poaitive. But ive never had any cold sores at all. idk about inside my mouth

But who knows.. I heard herpes symptoms can be mild that it goes unnoticed.

I plan to kill myself on new years

Sheena,

Wilson is right on all accounts. The biggest is that you mention you have a plan on New Years. It sounds like you are in a lot of pain and for that I am sorry you are going through this. It is difficult what you are going through but I can tell you the night is darkest just before the dawn. There is literally a plethora of new meds coming out along with cutting edge medical advancements. This will not be around for very long within you. You can’t take back a decision like this. You are now in a class the same as the majority of the world. The majority has this virus, something that is a part of us. Live your life, treat it as a medical condition, and await the inevitable cure that will be here before you know it. Just live your life. I’ll be praying for you.