World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lex9950

Igg test 1.07/ igg supplement test said positve abnormal range negative/ igm stated <1:10<

Lex9950

I need help figuring out whether I’ve been infected with HSV2...  went to lab Corps took a test IgG test came back 1.07 IgG test supplement came back abnormal positive range negative.  3 days later Went to my primary doctor he gave me and IGG Test individual of HSV one and HSV-2, HSV1 came back positive,range non reactance HSV-2 came back non-reactive non-reactive.  He also gave me a test for HSV one HSV two combined also but that does not help. Went back about a two weeks later did IGM test and came back <1.10  didn’t state the actual number reading...  dr. stated i have a fungal in my gential area but I’m nervous that maybe I’m I have HSV2... please help me

WilsoInAus

This is all quite confusing, but more information is required.

Was there a recent outbreak being your first? Sexual activity?

There is only two tests to focus on, the IgG and supplementary.

Lex9950

So i went to urgent care after having intercourse and told them i wanted std test... he took blood work and sent it to labcorp... HSV Type 1-Specific Ab, IgG was high positive which im aware of but my HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec came back 1.07 and there was a HSV-2 IgG Supplemental Test that came back abnormal postive and the ref range was negative.... went to my primary doc and he gave me a igg test which showed hsv2 as nonreactive... went back two weeks later and got an igm test and it was <1.10... doc mention it looks like a fungal in gential area... but i just want to make sure i dont got hsv2

WilsoInAus

Did you have lesions? Or just wanted an STD check (very responsible)?

Your HSV-1 result would seem to confirm a childhood oral cold sore infection.

In addition, HSV-1 can explain the elevated results of HSV-2. You do not have evidence of a HSV-2 infection.

The best approach here is to repeat Herpeselect IgG testing 16 weeks after the (last) sexual episode of concern and let that be the final word.

Edited by WilsoInAus