World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Eradicatethefuckouttahsv

Vaccine cure

Eradicatethefuckouttahsv

Could somebody explain further why this is as or not as promising as the article claims https://stockhead.com.au/health/phylogica-shows-its-vaccine-could-cure-the-dreaded-herpes-disease/amp/

Roja

But they inoculated with HSV AFTERWARDS, no? 

"The results 4 sets of experiments with three mice per group were conducted (12 mice in each ‘treatment’ group and 9 mice in each ‘control’ group). Mice were vaccinated on Day 0 with either:

- treatment (CPP-antigen) + adjuvant (There were two separate treatment groups – one using Phylogica’s CPP and another using Tat);

- antigen alone (no CPP) + adjuvant;

- adjuvant alone (no CPP and no antigen); or

- a negative control (no CPP, no antigen and no adjuvant)

Mice were then inoculated with HSV on day 7. Mice were culled on day 13 with tissue samples taken for completion of viral titre assays (measurement of viral burden within those tissues). The results of the experiment are displayed in Figure 2."

LeftCoast
13 minutes ago, Roja said:

But they inoculated with HSV AFTERWARDS, no? 

"The results 4 sets of experiments with three mice per group were conducted (12 mice in each ‘treatment’ group and 9 mice in each ‘control’ group). Mice were vaccinated on Day 0 with either:

- treatment (CPP-antigen) + adjuvant (There were two separate treatment groups – one using Phylogica’s CPP and another using Tat);

- antigen alone (no CPP) + adjuvant;

- adjuvant alone (no CPP and no antigen); or

- a negative control (no CPP, no antigen and no adjuvant)

Mice were then inoculated with HSV on day 7. Mice were culled on day 13 with tissue samples taken for completion of viral titre assays (measurement of viral burden within those tissues). The results of the experiment are displayed in Figure 2."

I am so confused, I don't know shit about peptide vaccines. Is this a prophylactic or therapeutic vaccine?

Newone2
2 hours ago, readytostart said:

we all should meet and have a beer when all this gets finally resolved :)

First round is on me :thumbsup:

LeftCoast

I’m going to call the company in a few hours and try to get some more information. It’s 4:30 in the morning in Australia right now. 

JHenry
6 hours ago, LeftCoast said:

I am so confused, I don't know shit about peptide vaccines. Is this a prophylactic or therapeutic vaccine?

That is my same question. Of course I am hoping that it is prophylactic and therapeutic.    I have emailed the CEO and while I’m not anticipating a response, should I get one I will immediately share it.  Henry.

Roja

To me it sounds preventive :/

8 hours ago, LeftCoast said:

LeftCoast
8 minutes ago, Roja said:

To me it sounds preventive :/

As mentioned folks, I am going to call the company later on today (it's super early in Australia). I am not a scientist so I don't really know how peptide vaccines work. However, it seems like other types of peptide vaccines can be either therapeutic or prophylactic. Let's not jump to any conclusions until someone gets an email back or is able to make a phone call. 

Edited by LeftCoast

JHenry
2 hours ago, Roja said:

preventive :/

I know next to nothing about “science”, but it seems that if it would attack on the prophylacticly, couldn’t it also work therapeutically?    Wishing, hoping, praying..

raka

Hope it cures the disease. Really we need a  cure.

Edited by raka

Puni

Guys this is therapeutic, rear the pdf , they are able to attack the virus in the nerve dendrite cells , basically they are able to cross the bloodbrain barrier.

Roja
5 hours ago, Puni said:

Guys this is therapeutic, rear the pdf , they are able to attack the virus in the nerve dendrite cells , basically they are able to cross the bloodbrain barrier.

that would be... I mean....  :happydance:

Miss Horne

I would like to know what does WilsoInAus, MikeHerp, Cas9 and StayingUpbeat think about this, please share your thought on this. Thank you. 

LeftCoast
1 hour ago, raka said:

@LeftCoast

Any update?

Nope! It’s the weekend. Research facility is closed! (Everyone needs relaxation amirite?) I’ll call on Monday. 

raka

This is not yet proven for therapeutic.

Certainly the concept that sits behind the vaccine approach (expansion of viral-specific CD8+ T-cells) is applicable across the two strains of HSV (and beyond). Before we could commit to HSV-2 as a therapeutic application though, two things would need to happen:

1) we would have to demonstrate that the 'prophylactic' protection conferred in the animal model described (in which the vaccine is given before exposure to the virus) translates to 'therapeutic' protection (in which the viral exposure occurs before the vaccination); and

2) we would have to make the strategic decision to pursue HSV-2 as the best application of the technology - many before have gone down that path with limited success in the clinic (https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/more-bad-news-for-vical-as-it-abandons-herpes-vaccine-program).

We will obtain the competitive read-out with the Amal CPP in the first instance and then present that data in Vancouver in January at a conference of leading experts. On the back of that, we will make the call as to how we want to proceed with the program so we should be in a position to give you more colour early next year.

Kind regards,

Rohan

Trace67

Its way to early to know how this will work in humans. Its interesting but its going to be quite a while. Add it to the 10 year list and hope it doesn't stay stuck in there with the other perpetual 10 year vaccines. Also, HSV may be better able to evade in the human body.