World's Largest Herpes Support Group
chinga

can herpes relocate?

steel_panther

To answer your question I believe herpes can re locate although I don’t know if HSV1 acts the same as hsv2.  Some people on this forum will tell you other wise but I believe that you can transfer the initial infection from one area to another.  For your specific situation,  it doesn’t sound like that’s what it would be.  HSV1 on a leg would be difficult.  But anything is possible I’m sure.

steel_panther
On 12/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, WilsoInAus said:

@Gems no I’m sorry this is unacceptable.

There is no known case of transmission of HSV-2 via a towel.

Once you have an established infection, it is virtually impossible to spread it to a new location.

You cannot obtain a second ‘strain’ of the same type, negligible chance of that too.

Simples!

I completely disagree because I know people who have transferred from genitals to hands, genitals to nose, etc.

horrible advice 

steel_panther
On 12/16/2018 at 2:48 AM, Gems said:

If you have herpes, are you immune to a second infection from someone else?

Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection caused by herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) or herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2).

People with one strain of herpes can get another. Since immunity is important, it is generally thought that getting herpes a second time is much harder than getting it the first time. Transmission of type 2 genital herpes to a person who has antibodies against type 2 herpes is rare. Studies have shown that a person with genital herpes can catch a new case of genital herpes, but other studies have shown that this happens only rarely. In most cases, if a person with genital herpes catches genital herpes while with a partner, they are catching it from themselves – having a recurrence. Type-specific antibodies against your own strain of virus make it very difficult to catch a second infection of the same strain from a different person.

https://medbroadcast.com/channel/infection/herpes/herpes-can-i-be-infected-twice

Yeah SO I GOT ALL THE RARE SCREWED UP SHIT COS MY IMMUNITY SUCKS.

Same thing happen to me. It’s probably rare because no one reports it, 

Edited by steel_panther

Gems
21 minutes ago, steel_panther said:

Same thing happen to me. It’s probably rare because no one reports it, 

Absolutely agree and I have stated this in many threads. I suspect it comes with the fact that most doctors are bad at diagnosing it, they also simply just do not think to report it. I am utterly astounded that this is not educated about. Under reported. Under diagnosed. And a bunch of experts in denial. I also suspect it happens more in lower socio economic groups and goes unsaid or in denial. The few official associations are stating their facts in a manner that wants to stop stigmatising but doesn't outright educate for the rarer circumstances. Surely part of their advocacy should be to engage with the medical community to educate the general public without scaremongering. At the very least I think people coming here to get support through a diagnostic process should be made aware of the risks.  I have seen threads where people have lived in fear who were fine, but for those who have experienced the rare circumstances can fully comprehend the reason why one might live in fear of this disease. 

2kroc
On 12/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Terri Warren in over 35 years of working with herpes has never seen transmission by a towel. She has even offered a million dollars to anyone who can show her they were infected with a towel!!!

How tf would you prove that? That challenge makes no sense. Especially coming from someone who's supposed to be an authority on herpes.

steel_panther

Has anyone ever tested positive for hsv 2 and then had it relocate to lip? 

Years after diagnosed?

thanks

LovedAnyway
8 hours ago, steel_panther said:

Years after diagnosed?

thanks

I had ghsv2 for 20 years and then suddenly 4 years ago had a nasal outbreak.  I now get them in my nose, on my gums, and on my face (anywhere in the trigeminal nerve area).

Eradicatethefuckouttahsv
8 hours ago, LovedAnyway said:

I had ghsv2 for 20 years and then suddenly 4 years ago had a nasal outbreak.  I now get them in my nose, on my gums, and on my face (anywhere in the trigeminal nerve area).

Damn sorry to hear that, although it sucks, i take comfort knowing people cant know it if they seeing me walking down the street

hope you dont have obs frequent

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 6:40 AM, steel_panther said:

Years after diagnosed?

thanks

Yes me, although I don’t know what strain I have suffered with it on my genitals, ass and legs for years and now I’ve started having them on my face, accompanied by sinus and eye problems.

Dont know if the sinus and eye thing is related but I definitely get cold sores on my lips now, having been told many times this isn’t possible or very unlikely, believe me it is. 

I also think that I had herpetic folliculitis but some will disagree with me and say this isn’t possible and perhaps it isn’t but no two people are the same. 

Edited by Miss Horne

Ladyb2018
On 12/7/2018 at 4:07 PM, chinga said:

You tell me that only I have the ability to know yet YOU think you know better? you're straight contradicting your self. what authority do you have exactly to write off my suspicions? none more than I do. 

get off your high horse. blatantly hypocritical, two faced commentary do NOTHING to help the community especially since I'm asking a hypothetical.

you have the fucking audacity to post one statement replies and think that merits an understanding on your part? maybe try posting links or articles or even a fucking ANECDOTE, you literal sophist.

If you don’t even know you have it why wouldn’t you just go get tested ...use common sense people . That’s not how herpes work so Wilson is correct and you’re being rude because you haven’t even gotten tested to see if you have it. 

Ladyb2018
On 12/16/2018 at 12:12 AM, Gems said:

WilsonAus this happen to me. I have herpes all over my body and someone caught it off me via a towel.  I am flagging your comment to admin simply for the fact you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WITH ALL THE LOVE IN MY HEART FOR ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HELP. 

I have two strains. YES YOU CAN IT WAS VERY PAINFUL THE SECOND STRAIN. 

Gosh you must have a shit immune system ...this seems impossible . 

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Ladyb2018 said:

Gosh you must have a shit immune system ...this seems impossible . 

Note that this was a fake profile you are quoting, nothing written was real.

T9000
On 12/7/2018 at 2:04 PM, moonrise said:

Herpes only affects one nerve group. If you have it genitally, it means it has taken hold in the sacral nerve group and it can appear anywhere serviced by that nerve group, so anywhere in the boxer shorts area - genitals, buttocks, thighs. Below the knee/calf is outside this area, so likely not herpes. 

But also, why are you being so rude? You're the one asking on an online herpes forum instead of a doctor. 

This is incorrect. This phenomena is called a disseminated herpes infection and it's recognized in medical literature. 

WilsoInAus
25 minutes ago, T9000 said:

This is incorrect. This phenomena is called a disseminated herpes infection and it's recognized in medical literature. 

Disseminated herpes does not mean relocation of an established infection.

Diseeminated herpes I have seen referred to relates to topics of multiple location infections from the one event and viral travel to organs. 

This is not relevant to what is being discussed here.

Edited by WilsoInAus

T9000
31 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Disseminated herpes does not mean relocation of an established infection.

Diseeminated herpes I have seen referred to relates to topics of multiple location infections from the one event and viral travel to organs. 

This is not relevant to what is being discussed here.

It seems to be used as a catch-all term that sometimes describes non-genital/non-oral herpes, sometimes autoinnoculation, and sometimes a life-threatening widespread illness. By relocation, I'm assuming you're referring to autoinnoculation, and not the expression of the disease in non-genital/non-oral sites within the range of the specific ganglia?

viralfrog

Yes, it can happen. I have HSV-2 that started on the top of my penis. After a year or two, a big pack of blisters appeared on my thigh / glute. The following year, I would only get an outbreak in the same place there every time (together with a swollen lymph node + flu like symptoms). A year later, it's back on the penis only. 

moonrise
On 1/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, viralfrog said:

Yes, it can happen. I have HSV-2 that started on the top of my penis. After a year or two, a big pack of blisters appeared on my thigh / glute. The following year, I would only get an outbreak in the same place there every time (together with a swollen lymph node + flu like symptoms). A year later, it's back on the penis only. 

Right, but those two areas are the same nerve group.