World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
alyaly

one drunk weekend feels like it ruined my whole life

alyaly

I was taken advantage of, and now my body is ultimately taking the consequences for it. I feel so lost. I don’t get my for sure results back until monday. But I just have a very good feeling that i have herpes. I feel sick, i feel lost, i have no one. A small part of me is still clinging onto hope that the test will come back negative, but it’s hard to stay hopeful anymore 

WilsoInAus

I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you’re able to make a quick physical recovery to work on the upstairs impacts.

First though are the sores. Are they healing, did the doc give you antivirals to take?

alyaly

She said she wasn't going to be giving me anything until we got the results back. On top of the bumps, I also have itching and burning, AND I have a few tears down there from the incident. I just feel so uncomfortable, I don't even feel like myself anymore. 

WilsoInAus

Hopefully the doc took a swab. I believe Epsom salt baths work wonders to soothe and promote healing.

Roja

alyaly, 

STOP feeling guilty immediately. Honestly. This f*#+ing stigma for herpes is created about shame, guilt, disgust for having sex. You are not a bad person, a s*#t, dirty or whatever just because you caught it. The chances of catching genital herpes for a sexual active person are high - drunk weekend or not. Have in mind that about 80 % (that's what the WHO says) of the world population carries the virus. Some of them have sores on their mouth, some on their ears, some on their genitals, some lucky ones don't even have sores.

I know it feels overwhelming at the beginning. And there are fears and doubts. But it is just herpes. :yep:

If you feel the need to talk, you can always send me a PM. :yep:

Lonleysoul

Alyaly,

i know what You’re going through. I had a drunk weekend in Vegas where I slept with a girl (five years ago) and I woke up with a bump on my genitals and it was the  worst thing that has ever happened to m. I was in a relationship and I didn’t want to believe it was herpes. The reason I slept with somebody in Vegas is because I kept on being accused of cheating and there’s only so much that someone can take before they actually go and do what they are being accused of doing when they are not doing it. When I got home I ended up sleeping with my significant other before I got tested. When I found out that she had contracted the virus I went and got tested and i tested positive.  The past five years I have been drinking heavily so that I could heal the mental pain that I am in. For the most part drinking helped.  Although all that drinking has caused me to get two DUIs and isolate myself from friends and family. I recently decided to seek help for my drinking and now all the emotions I suppressed while drinking are coming out.  I just feel like I’ll never live my dream of getting married to a beautiful woman and have kids.  I’m scared of dating because I don’t want to have my heart broken when I tell the person I’m dating that they’re going to end up with vag for sores after sleeping with me.  Having herpes isn’t hard physically but mentally and emotionally it’s very hard because the stigma surrounded around it.