World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Thomas29

Is this herpes pic

Gems
5 hours ago, Thomas29 said:

@Cas9 lol fancy you saying that the doc also said ‘ it still doesn’t mean you can go out and have sex and come back expecting the same thing again’ but thank you guys if it wasn’t for you all telling me to go I wouldn’t Of even gone, I think I’m going to step back from the sexual intercouse and activities for a while and go out and be anxiety free :) 

Ok. Still be careful. I am not a doctor but there are streams of threads here where the doctors got it wrong. I have zero knowledge of the squeeze test. I am not a doctor. She is correct that if you have reoccurring symptoms to go back. Also if it is painful and itchy and just clears up on its own it is questionable if it is yeast infection.

Don't panic. Be careful and look after you. I am sure you are and will be fine. Remember no touching/scratching things if you don't know what they are esp if you suspect a contagious condition. Little extreme...but... 

I think she should have swabbed for yeast that would have put our minds at rest a lot more I think.

I'm sure you have this covered.

Happybee
On 12/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, Gems said:

Don't touch them hun. I did come across people have ingrown hair type. Not all doctors seem familiar with a-typical symtoms. Be careful with towels. Practice good hygiene. Don't use your hand to itch. Even if you test neg if it keeps recurring it still might be herpes. It appears some people have real trouble with diagnosis.   

But don't be too worried either it's not the end of the world. Just be careful.

Why did you say be careful with towels?

On 12/17/2018 at 11:08 PM, Gems said:

Ok. Still be careful. I am not a doctor but there are streams of threads here where the doctors got it wrong. I have zero knowledge of the squeeze test. I am not a doctor. She is correct that if you have reoccurring symptoms to go back. Also if it is painful and itchy and just clears up on its own it is questionable if it is yeast infection.

Don't panic. Be careful and look after you. I am sure you are and will be fine. Remember no touching/scratching things if you don't know what they are esp if you suspect a contagious condition. Little extreme...but... 

I think she should have swabbed for yeast that would have put our minds at rest a lot more I think.

I'm sure you have this covered.

Towels?

Gems
Just now, Happybee said:

Because some experts think in some circumstances it can spread. This is rare, but possible IMO. Also never touch them. It's more personal objects you need to be wary of. Its not like you can catch it from a pool unless it is elsewhere other than someone's face or genitals. It is a precaution. Autoinnoculation probably usually occurs via contact with skin directly with a wet sore or through a cut. But not according to everyone or everyones experience. It is just a precaution.  

Gems
On 12/21/2018 at 3:22 PM, Happybee said:

Towels?

there are people here with serious complications that look worseee than the people that have no issues due to the concentration of issues at a central point. so i have to keep saying that so people dont get scared. 

because there are rare events with HSV infection. some studies in the 80's showed the virus could live on towels for 75 hours. Even Terri Warren suggests avoiding warm wet towels. the university of maryland writes about it. they have toned down their recommendations however. we cannot scare people here about the rare and uncommon events with complications from this medical condition - however strict hygiene is a must imo. If say you were shedding and you rubbed with your towel and then rubbed somewhere else it could make micro abrasions in your skin and spread the infection if you had lower immunity. 

its also good imo to make sure you have a soapy barrier over your hands when washing where there is an infection. 

in rare circumstances it can also infect eyes etc. that is why it gets a bad rap so its just best to understand that you have a contagious skin infection. 

its less likely someone could pick it up off you off a towel but they could if you got a hand infection and that does happen to some people.

i have a somewhat alarmist post on it on my profile.

some people here are seriously misinformed in regards to this condition. that is not their fault, but we are all here to learn. it increases the stigma. you cant sweep the less common events under the rug and they hide in lower socio economic places more often.

the UK association denies this towel issue and i think it is irresponsible. if you have good immunity obviously it is a far lower risk.

this is the front line. many doctors are not aware of it even thou it happens a bit. so its important to caution careful hygiene every time someone comes in. i have seen some real horror stories writing in. so best caution if suspected infection. Thomas didnt know and touched and scratched its the first things you say just in bloody case. 

WilsoInAus

@Gems / Jay this is why you need to be stopped. Hijacking threads is unacceptable.

What has this got to do with a towel?

Please disregard our known troll. 

Gems
3 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Gems / Jay this is why you need to be stopped. Hijacking threads is unacceptable.

What has this got to do with a towel?

Please disregard our known troll. 

urm....as someone had a new infection and i mentioned as it was crisis and then someone asked me.

its important to warn people with new suspected infections esp as there are no antivirals. everyone knows that hun.

Miss Annie
On 12/15/2018 at 2:23 PM, WhatAday27 said:

So when you had your first out break.. did the hairs grown from what seems to be cuts? Did you think it was something else at the time or did u just no. Did you get blister or weird hair problem type things ? 

On 12/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, WhatAday27 said:

@Miss Annie since you are hsv positive and have had OB have yours ever had hair growing out of them.

I keep trying to ask ppl who have had OB cause they kinda no first hand and we can’t figure out what is going on down there ? So a female who has this problem might know something any thoughts would help.. 

I don’t remember if hair grew. I just know my first outbreak lasted about 2weeks and it was so incredibly painful. I went to the doctor after a few days and just by looking at it, he could almost guarantee it was herpes. Results came back positive. It’s been 3years now. Get tested, and get yourself some meds. What helped my first outbreak tremendously was putting manuka honey on it. What a relief!!! Good luck. You’re not alone. 

WhatAday27
20 hours ago, Miss Annie said:

don’t remember if hair grew. I just know my first outbreak lasted about 2weeks and it was so incredibly painful. I went to the doctor after a few days and just by looking at it, he could almost guarantee it was herpes. Results came back positive. It’s been 3years now. Get tested, and get yourself some meds. What helped my first outbreak tremendously was putting manuka honey on it. What a relief!!! Good luck. You’re not alone.

When I had what was my first OB I went and she said it could be keep in the back of your mind it might be.. that in June then in oct I was told by my ex who I slept with about 11 times b4 knowing that he had gotta it from this girl and is not positive so I went back for 2 igg test both negative but the levers were 0.91 and that’s like in the middle or some shit so I’m waiting to go back again. But the sore weren’t really sore they itches and stuff but I picked down there at it and I feel like I either spred it or cut my self from picking I don’t no what to think really. Just gonna keep testing 

Thomas29

Same with me @WhatAday27 I went to my local sex clinic and she looked at what I thought was herpes and she said it isn’t and it’s folliculitis she said id be in agony if it was herpes (which I aren’t) I was constantly looking down and poking squeezing, you name it but I think I really infected mine as it turned to a open sore and the pus had a infected smell to it but they are clearing now, I aren’t in no agony with them at all or nor do they itch? I’m just waiting for them to clear up and stuff but if it comes back I’m off to go get them swabbed and a blood test done. 

WhatAday27
On 12/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, Thomas29 said:

Same with me @WhatAday27 I went to my local sex clinic and she looked at what I thought was herpes and she said it isn’t and it’s folliculitis she said id be in agony if it was herpes (which I arent)

Hey @Thomas29 so I’m not in pain but i feel I have spred whatever it is going on I now have a new OB or what ever and it kinda hurts but idk I just wanna no for sure waiting for my insurance to start to go to my real obgyn and not the free clinic. 

So this is a picture of something new I don’t no what to think hair or hsv ?? 

90BF7AEC-36F1-4218-BDA3-6DDA074B53C0.jpeg

WhatAday27
4 minutes ago, WhatAday27 said:

So this is a picture of something new I don’t no what to think hair or hsv ??

so that first pic is from a few days ago no it looks like this 

mite super close and not the pic I wanted but it will have to do I don’t no what the skin is doing 

55C545A5-1230-4ED3-8457-8B29E4481797.jpeg

Edited by WhatAday27
Getting pic to fit lol

WhatAday27
On 12/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, Thomas29 said:

Same with me @WhatAday27 I went to my local sex clinic and she looked at what I thought was herpes and she said it isn’t and it’s folliculitis she said id be in agony if it was herpes (which I aren’t) I was constantly looking down and poking squeezing, you name it but I think I really infected mine as it turned to a open sore and the pus had a infected smell to it but they are clearing now, I aren’t in no agony with them at all or nor do they itch? I’m just waiting for them to clear up and stuff but if it comes back I’m off to go get them swabbed and a blood test done. 

Now there is this new spot on me. I thought everything cleared up and now something else is happing it’s starting to pop idk and look weird 

Thomas29

@WhatAday27 I’m not expert or anything in the hsv lumps bumps and stuff but I’m pretty sure if it was herpes youd be in pain with it have you tried squeezing it? To see if theirs any hair in their or what sort of stuff is coming out of it? Also did you shave as I remember you saying when you shave weird little spots and lumps show up, you already got tested for herpes didn’t you and it came back negative? I doubt it is herpes you’ve probably got some skin condition going on down their that’s need a serious looking st by your doctor. If your like me that’s constantly looking down their every days touching and stuff I think you should stop it as bacteria will be going on to your genitals etc. I’ve stopped doing it now as I know I haven’t go to herpes so I’m going to stop been panicky all the time and enjoy my life, if your really in doubt tho love I think you should go back for another app get it seen to swabbed and blood tested if so, 

hoping for you girl