World's Largest Herpes Support Group
bluebell87

stupid question ?....

bluebell87

okay i realise this may sound like a really stupid question but i’m going to ask it anyways, i have hsv2 and have been having contact obs... i’ve just noticed today that one of my fingers feels really sensitive, i’m only realising that i had this sensation with my last ob too so i’m wondering are they related.. it’s kind of like a sharp pin sensation when you rub it, is it possible that i have spread the virus to this part of my body ? / can you shed from your hand lolol... or is this just general nerve pain associated with my herpes....  

Roja

Hi bluebell87, 

I think theoretically it could be, however HSV-2 usually keeps being down there because it is warm and humid :D So I am quite sure it is not HSV-2 what you are experiencing. 

Have you been sitting a lot? Problems with your back/neck? A sensitive, tingling feeling on hands/finger can also occur from back problems. 

Gems
On 12/13/2018 at 4:49 AM, bluebell87 said:

okay i realise this may sound like a really stupid question but i’m going to ask it anyways, i have hsv2 and have been having contact obs... i’ve just noticed today that one of my fingers feels really sensitive, i’m only realising that i had this sensation with my last ob too so i’m wondering are they related.. it’s kind of like a sharp pin sensation when you rub it, is it possible that i have spread the virus to this part of my body ? / can you shed from your hand lolol... or is this just general nerve pain associated with my herpes....  

m

Edited by Gems

Gems
On 12/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, Roja said:

Hi bluebell87, 

I think theoretically it could be, however HSV-2 usually keeps being down there because it is warm and humid :D So I am quite sure it is not HSV-2 what you are experiencing. 

Have you been sitting a lot? Problems with your back/neck? A sensitive, tingling feeling on hands/finger can also occur from back problems. 

roja while highly unlikely can this is why i think its important to communicate risks to new members in an effective manner.

sorry to bother you.

Gems

pls reach out to us here. i am deeply concerned as you think this is a stupid question that NO medical professional told you of the rare complications and how to avoid them.

i wrote on your wall...and i can suggest a few members who have experienced this ..i do not know how to tag. i DO NOT WANT to scare you...i just want to make sure you are safe...and that their are no elderly/immune compromised people in your home as it can serious make things complicated with rare events. 

Gems

hi bluebell

1) its clear to me as you think it is a stupid question NO ONE has communicated safety info to you. Not here NOR at teh doctor.

2) While its a RARE event...I think that this has happened to you as HIGHLY likely...that it throbs at the same time as the OB and that you have no awareness of precautions to avoid for rare events.

I dont want to scare you. But pls let us know you are ok. Please contain the area and PLS be careful with towels ESP hand towels.