World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bluebell87

hormonal contraceptives & outbreaks

bluebell87

hey i was just curious to hear if and of the lovely females on here had any experience with taking the pill whilst having hsv2, did this help prevent out breaks/did it make them worse ? or any experience with having an outbreak every month due to periods/is there anything you take to help control these ? struggling with outbreaks so would really appreciate any advice , been taking daily doses of lysine, garlic and zinc but don’t think it’s doing anythjng and think that my period is my trigger argh thanks :)

Tulips40

Hi, ive been wondering this. Ive had the mirena coil for 18 months and in the last year my anxiety has got worse and ive had more frequent obs....it had been dormant for years. Theres not much on internet to say theres a connection but i cant see any other reason for the increase. Im not stressed and have done nothing different. Hormones have a lot to answer for!

bluebell87

hi tulips, how were your obs before the coil? i stopped taking my pill when i was diagnosed in sept but have started taking it again to see if it makes any difference to my obs as i am having small ones every month, also i have been reading up about this topic and had seen that taking the pill can increase viral shedding:( 

Tulips40

Hi, i used to get 1 ob a year...less or occasionally 2.

Since my coil ive had 4 or more...

Also amongst other symptoms like insomnia and anxiety, so could be combining all symptoms making ob's worse...

So im sure hormonal changes make a different.

Sometimes you dont need a reason for ob...they come as they please unfortunately....

Sarah

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • oneday
      Sorry @Voyager2 it's such a garbage thing and you don't deserve that sort of treatment. I am hoping something comes out of the woodwork in the near future. I want that party in time square and I am sure @Sillybrain2 would be there too, We'd probably party all year, we've been waiting too long for this. 
    • WilsoInAus
      There’s a lot of what looks like bro science here, can you point to any studies or views by experts that support this? Lets get a few facts on the table and see where that might lead us. Does HSV 1/2 generally cause nerve damage? Experts say no. Not even the likes of Terri Warren, Anna Wald and William Halford have isentifed this. Does an infection cause nerve and other complications at the time of primary or initial infection with HSV-2. Experts say yes. It is well researched. Plenty of examples explained as Elsberg syndrome for example point to particular lesions on the spinal column that cause issues. In nearly all cases healing occurs within a few months. Note that this is not to be confused with CMV/VZV caused Elsberg which is generally more serious and sometimes permanent. All herpes related issues will respond well to acyclovir. There are also related issues with the immune system that can be triggered by viral infections, most of which are also self limiting.
    • WilsoInAus
      Keep asking away @thebrightsidegirl You’ll get some good answers from experienced folk here, mostly! For a person with genital HSV-1, yes they can get genital HSV-2 although the chances appear to be somewhat reduced. No one knows by how much. People with both types identified in the one location are very rare indeed, although there’d be under-reporting. For your boyfriend, it sounds like some testing would be a good idea. Can he get a swab if the sores?
    • WilsoInAus
      He was referring to the hijacking by @Sanguine108 you got the wrong idiot
    • WilsoInAus
      Do you? I think people can read your story and decide for themselves, please pay that respect to people to understand your full story, don't our readers deserve that?   That's mice!??! On the basis of mice you pretend that what I write is wrong? I am relaying research into humans that is far more progressed than these papers on mice. Publish one paper that shows HSV-2 has caused nerve damage (I mean damage) to genital nerves. And given that there are 4 billion people with HSV-1, show us one documented case of nerve damage conclusively from HSV-1? The problem with mice models is that their immune system does not produce human immune response interferons and natural killer cells, not to mention the enhancements to neural density that accompanies the immune response.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.