World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
Sign in to follow this  
Gems

UK HERPES ASSOCIATION DOESN'T REPRESENT LESS THAN USUAL TRANSMISSION AND PROBABLY LESS THAN USUAL CASES

Gems

I haven't check out all of this site; however I cannot see how reducing stigma over herpes infection should involve denial. It states on their website people shouldn't be scared for rare circumstances but fails to admit that this virus can be transmitted via objects in some circumstances.

https://herpes.org.uk/towels-not-problem/

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A LESS THAN USUAL EXPERIENCE LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY DO NOT REPRESENT YOU. 

MOST PROFESSIONALS DOESN'T MEAN ALL.

Miss Horne

The herpes.org.uk website is a shit one, another classic example of a website sugar coating the virus and trying to make it out that it’s not a big deal. It probably isn’t for most people but for some it’s a life changer. 

Gems
39 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

The herpes.org.uk website is a shit one, another classic example of a website sugar coating the virus and trying to make it out that it’s not a big deal. It probably isn’t for most people but for some it’s a life changer. 

it is awful there is a thread here telling a member that herpes whitlow is only  theoretically possible...i read the post..its likely as her doctor hadnt even informed her of the risk. i just had to post on her wall and tell her if she had not already get to the doctor.

this is someone who regularly stalks my profile...pulled me up on my statements that are correct...

...they allow members here with delusional disorders...WilsoInAus...yeah i found threads...why didnt anyone tell me i found him so destressing and it took me a week to realise he is nuts...

Gems
43 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

it has serious complications...some people think you can still kiss people on the cheek...that is rude...you never know if someone has low immunity and could catch it...i dont think people should be leppers ...but clear info is vital...

this forum is terrible for it...they dont warn of risks allow members to post lies...and they echo the myth it cant be transmitted on towels...it happens OFTEN.

:( 

PeaceNeeded

I live in Europe, don't want give  more details about my country, but believe me, I visited many doctors and found a lot of "ignorance" about the subject. Made me feel even more depressed because I think that HSV2 is actually rarer in my country. Many dr. even mistake IGG with IGM(!!!) and no one looking at photos of my glans initially told me that yes "this could be herpes". I had to insist to get tested. Not to mention about advices about "yeah you can still have sex, relax! You can infect only when you have sores!".

Miss Horne

I’ve read so many websites saying you can’t have the same strain in both locations or that it’s very unlikely for it to happen. I have suffered with sores down there for years and now I’ve started getting them on my face too. Sick of this fucking virus. 

Gems
13 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

I’ve read so many websites saying you can’t have the same strain in both locations or that it’s very unlikely for it to happen. I have suffered with sores down there for years and now I’ve started getting them on my face too. Sick of this fucking virus. 

im so sorry miss horne, its so hard for the immune compromised.

people have attacked me for trying to let people know of the risk to vulnerable people. this decrease the stigma is so selfish to those small minority that will have sig issues.

obviously im doing what im doing.  other than the flame war on my wall....or notes documenting it...

if you look carefully ALL OF IT CAN BE DONE FOR FREE. you do have to rake the info thou.

i wont say this again...i'll just emotionally support you.

people have their own path.

i personally if you can afford look for a good ND. rebuild your health/

Gems
14 hours ago, PeaceNeeded said:

I live in Europe, don't want give  more details about my country, but believe me, I visited many doctors and found a lot of "ignorance" about the subject. Made me feel even more depressed because I think that HSV2 is actually rarer in my country. Many dr. even mistake IGG with IGM(!!!) and no one looking at photos of my glans initially told me that yes "this could be herpes". I had to insist to get tested. Not to mention about advices about "yeah you can still have sex, relax! You can infect only when you have sores!".

i know peaceneeded...i dont know you...but you may b a rare event.