World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Alwayssmile_

Hair loss without meds

Alwayssmile_

Hi 

I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 

Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 

If so how did you solve the problem? 

Thank you. 

Alwayssmile_

@CelinaxoxI do but also have had increased stress and the hair loss didnt start until after the first outbreak. 

Stupida

@Alwayssmile_ I have lost a lot of hair due to the virus and I’m not on medication either. No natural medicine or shampoo has worked for me.

Doctors mentioned I have seborrechic dermatitis. Have you gone to a dermatologist?

Alwayssmile_

@Stupida no I have not.....

Have you found anything that has helped? 

valleynovascotia

Can herpes cause ur hair too fall out?

Alwayssmile_
On 1/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, Stupida said:

@Alwayssmile_ I haven't found anything that worked for me yet.  How long have you had HSV?  How old are you?

Since October October 2018 

Hair loss started in December 2018 

I am 29

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Nopeimout
      By Nopeimout
      Hi guys, this is my first post but honestly i´ve been lurking around for a while (lol ikr)
      Lets get to it. 
      I had unprotected sex with a friend, she claims she´s clean and two months later i noticed this in my pubic area.
      No itching, no pain, no flu simptoms just these lil fuckers (sorry for coursing) 
      I went to the doctor and he claims thats not HSV2 but i live in south america and honestly i dont trust doctors, i made another appointment with another doctow this week. Also i had blood test done and it came out negative, but im waiting to the 13 week to be sure.
      Im extremely paranoid and anxious about STD´s so u can imagine im dying over here.
      Its been around 5 days that hey appeared and havent changed, like i mean they havent became ulcers or crust.
      Sorry if my English is kind of sloppy its not my native language.
      I really would love to have an idea of what this is or could be, and what to expect if its HSV2.
      Im currently dating a girl and i told her about this so were not having sex until im sure i dont have anything, honetly im getting really paranoid.
      PHOTOS: 
      https://imgur.com/gKS2D0r
      https://imgbbb.com/image/pAZKc
    • SeeB89
      By SeeB89
      I was diagnosed in 2013 with hsv2.
      back in March, after I went to a public place & used the bathroom, I got a small bump on my butt. (May of been a coincidence but I remember it) Figured it wasn’t my hsv outbreak but still took my meds to suppress it, if it was. Now here we are, 5 months later & it’s gotten worse. More bumps & are on both buttocks.
      Could this just be hsv showing up in my butt/lower back region? Should I get tested again? Any oral ointment I can take?  I take my acyclovir but it only suppresses for my mouth. Doesn’t even seem help for my lower body regions.

• Ellabux99
      By Ellabux99
      23year old Female; Been a year since a swab came back HVS1 positive on my vag!
      I’ve never had an STI in my life and Really compared to my friends have only had sex a handful of times.. so why me. *Tear sliding down my face. 
      6 partners.. 2 of which were after my first outbreak (unprotected one nighters - clearly didn’t learn my lesson) 
      I didn’t tell them, is that bad of me? They didn’t ask.. and after all it’s just a cold sore nore was I having a flare up at the time I actually forgot I had it for a while!
      I have endlessly trolled website after website..most of them contradicting others, I feel like I know more now then any doctor ever could! 
      On my year anversery of contracting this thing I had a nasty flare up. 5 weeks. To be fair though no where near as painful as my first! Had I of not left it four weeks to get the antivirals I feel like it wouldn’t have been half as bad - this makes me feel a little better knowing it’s not going to be as bad as my first although I do here you can get them in you wee hole *ekkkkkkk
      that scares me.
      Anyways.. I want to know anything and everything about your experiences! 
      Triggers - food, sex, exhaustion, periods (or periods/ hormones effect HSV 2 more so)??
      I just started a very physical job when I got my first and current reoccurance riding race horses in the saddle for 5 hours+  6 days a weeks do you think irritation had somthing to do with it? I wasn’t sleeping well either so maybe I was exhausted? 
      Reoccurance rate 
      Do you tell your boyfriends
      Do you pretend your one of those people who don’t know untill they get a flare up - has that ever worked against you? 
      Do you just say you get cold sores? 
      If both has ghsv 1 can we have sex or will it still spread? 
      I went to a sexual health clinic after the outbreak upset and crying.. I asked if my sex life was over she basically laughed in my face and went don’t be stupid, I wouldn’t even tell them you have it! The question is what if I was to have a flare up.. and with this new job I worried flare ups are going to happen quite often! 
      After all it is just a cold sore. 
      Thanks
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• WilsoInAus
      @clarke53 without a swab that’s a hugely risky call!
    • clarke53
      ok so you must know 13 years ago i did something ill regret the rest of my like before that night ive never had any kinda sore on my lips and ive never had anything on my genitals ive had tons of blow jobs from women and never gave them anything because i don't have genital herpes so one night i seen a shemale and gave oral 2 days later i had burning on inside of lip and a ulcer there and i don't go a week or so without a outbreak so about a month or so later i was tested for herpes and came back nigitive for hsv 1 and positive for hsv2  to this day ive had blow jobs no condom and ive never gave any girl anything so i know i don't have genital herpes!!  
    • blurneworder
      How long has this happened to you? What was swabbed? Results yet?
    • hobson
      Hi all  i have been to a doctor on 4 seperate occasions since I had unprotected sex with a woman who I later found out has herpes . They have said “it doesn’t look” like herpes . My penis always is red , inflamed anabolic has little red pimples on it.  I am constant uncomfort and pain in my gential areas, tingling , fatigue . None of the drs have done a blood test. I have researched DNA testing as they appear more accurate. I saw a dr this week and he took a swab. It’s always on my mind now because I have just started a relationship and don’t know if I should tell her. I’m scared she will run a mile . I haven’t told her because the dr said I was fine . I don’t know what do to do .  Any advice would be appreciated . I have a history with depression and this is adding to it 
    • WilsoInAus
      @clarke53 why do you think you do not have an asymptomatic genital infection. The mouth sores don’t seem to be herpetic.  What protection do you use genitally?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.