World's Largest Herpes Support Group
HopefulGirl04

Is there any kind of ointment to put on sores??

HopefulGirl04

Is there any kind of ointment to put on genital sores to make them go away faster? Similar to how Abreva works on cold sores? Please let me know! Thank you!

Newtothisandscared

I use bee propolis (salve/ointment) and zinc oxide creams (like Desitin). They help soothe and heal. 

Lulupazoola

The most consistent thing for me for itching and stinging is just washing with soap and water, rinsing well, dry.  If u use a sponge you can give the area a thorough, lathery wash without rubbing.  Of course, many times it only usually lasts a few hours, and then u have to do it again.

Evaluate

Hi @HopefulGirl04. Topical application with lemon balm (melissa officinalis) has shown benefit.  You can find many pre-made creams/salves or you could put one together yourself.

cowpoke02

dynamilcear is the best .. use that . tea tre oil works but i wouldn't putt on skin .  bio 30 is propels form tea tree oil works on internal symptoms .  but dynamiclear ..  does everything.  one best things . kills symptoms . stops out breaks . skin still breath .  .  you can use it to treat skin that has no symptoms no outbreak.  if it odnt work on the skin in 3 hours try again to hit the spot . . vs out break one treatment is all or it don't work .  after one treatment a dab  you hold off couple days or three then try agin .  for external topical treatment . 

cowpoke02
4 hours ago, Evaluate said:

Hi @HopefulGirl04. Topical application with lemon balm (melissa officinalis) has shown benefit.  You can find many pre-made creams/salves or you could put one together yourself.

it has it places .. its a super power against shingles ...  skin needs to breath though .  probably a good treatment when your healthy  vs out break.  near tried it though.  i know it kicks shingles ass though. 

tayelle

Lemon balm helps when there's an itch/bump (early stages) and tea tree oil helps for openings 

michelle12372

My first outbreak was so long and miserable that I broke down and bought some Lysine lip ointment for lip cold sores. I used that on my genital breakout. It seemed to help! I eventually bought a small pot of it on Amazon which is a little more cost effective. I also use gold bond powder on my outbreaks as well and it is soothing.

Another thing that helps me is cleansing with black african soap. It seems to have healing and soothing properties.  I've only had two outbreaks and used it toward the middle/end and it seemed to speed up the healing a lot. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or what. I am journaling my outbreaks and what I'm using to help me remember what  has helped in the past.