World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kylee

A little confused!!!

kylee

Alright so I was diagnosed with HSV1 back in June of this year, I had a terrible ob which I would not wish on anyone. I had to pee in tub couldn't take care of my kids it was awful. I have not yet felt this way nor do i want to for that matter again but i am confused as to what an actual ob is. Now i have some other issues like fissures which my doc says has nothing to do with HSV even though I had never had problems before but I am confused right now becasue I have a small cut that itches but is not painful or bothersome just itches like hell. I have had a few more headaches than usual but I am not sure if I am having an ob. I always thought an ob was what happened to me back in June which was pure agony I had about a dozen sores and could hardly walk. Can someone explain to me what and if I have had obs and not known it.

alwall0828

if you are having a small cut that itches you are probably having an OB. Your first outbreak for most people are the WORST. so I wouldn't compare thinking that you might not because it isn't as bad. Because with time they get better and are further apart.

ducky406

I got HSV1 last summer too and the first OB was excrutiating. I had one other OB that was a little uncomfortable, but mostly because it came along with a yeast infection. The second OB was about 3 months after my first and came a few days after a big coffee binge. Since then I have gotten a couple of little itchy tears that go away in a few days with just using a little peroxide every time I use the bathroom. I have had fissures before related to yeast and such, but these last couple were in the SAME exact spot as the first and worst herpes sore. I get a little zingy feeling there once in awhle so I know that's exactly where the little buggers are hiding. In my first OB I had about 20 sores that were spread around a lot more. If this one little zapper is all it's going to be from now on I can breathe a little easier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      @Talx2520 based on what you say, Im not sure the odds exceed 50/50 that you have genital herpes. If you take a random genital infection from vaginal sex then about 95% of the time it’s HSV-2. How long after the episode was the blood test?
    • Talx2520
      Thanks for the response! My first suspected outbreak was definitely painful. Started with what felt like a UTI, then noticed what looked like ulcers starting 1.5 days after unprotected sex. Never scabbed over, but I had a horrible itch that lasted 2  weeks (didn't feel like yeast). Given my symptoms, I've pretty sure its genital herpes, but I mean it could have been some allergy (I had extremely rough intercourse in the middle of the wilderness, sorry if that is tmi lol and maybe naive of me to think it was a weird plant). Both my mom, sister, and grandma get coldsores and I feel like i've totally shared drinks with them even during their outbreaks. Can't remember if I ever had one though. I am not totally sure how I should go about disclosing in general. Should I mention I had a full panel and hsv-1 came up positive and that I am not sure where it is? I really wish I had just gotten it swabbed, but couldn't afford it without insurance at the time. I was under the impression that if it was herpes, it would come back and I could get it swabbed, but I realize now that with HSV-1 that isnt always the case. 
    • WilsoInAus
      @viralfrog given your symptoms do not react to any known antiviral doesn thatvsuggest these are not herpes lesion?  Lets apply Occam’s razor here.
    • viralfrog
      @Lulupazoola I have tried with a straw but it's difficult to create enough suction if the straw is deep enough in your throat  After drinking 6g from a shotglass I immediately drink a glass of water to dilute it down the throat.  Little update: blisters, redness and lethargy are back today. I'm still off the antivirals completely and my outbreaks are not any worse than usual for now. That's interesting, it seems I don't react at all to Acyclovir.   
    • viralfrog
      Technically speaking, someone with a strong immune system could have a mild initial outbreak. Normally, they would remain mild and decrease over time. However, if you put yourself in a situation later that gives a big hit to your immune system (e.g. binge drinking, other illness, no sleep etc.) you could have a bigger outbreak as a result. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.