World's Largest Herpes Support Group
emz

Ghsv1 & Ghsv2

emz

Hey friends-

Been a couple of months since my first OB and pretty sure I had a minor second one already :| but hey it's been a stressful time lately. 

I'd like to consider dating again but aiming for H dating to begin with until I feel more comfortable. I'm curious what transmission risks are between ghsv1 and ghsv2 ( I have type 1) :

- am I still at risk of contracting type 2 (genitally) even if it's a limited chance due to prior infection of type 1? 

- has anyone on here been with a partner who has herpes but the other strain? 

Thanks guys 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
    • Leemell48
      By Leemell48
      It's been five months since possible exposure and keep having symptoms. I keep experiencing thigh and pelvic pain and thick discharge. Also get shooting pains vaginally and on my butt. I just saw a small white bump inside my labia and next to it is a small open sore. They don't hurt when touched but the rest of my vagina hurts when touched or sitting. Does any of this sound like anyone's ob? I got tested in October but I'm scared I tested too early and now having trouble getting a doctor to retest me  
    • beloved803
      By beloved803
      Hello everyone,
      I tested positive for HSV 1 & 2 yesterday. In these short 24 hours my emotion's have been on a roller coaster.  Sometimes I feel like I am normal and I can get over this mentally but then sometimes I break down and cry and feel so nasty about myself and the decisions I've made in life. Anyways I'm not writing on here to throw myself a pitty party but instead to find out what you guys prefer. Do you take medicine if so do you take it daily or just when you have outbreaks? Do you do the natural way and if so what are your recipes? What do you think are the pros and cons to either. I just really don't want to take a pill everyday to remind me of my choices. Any feedback is appreciated.
    • Albert1988
      By Albert1988
      My nightmare started more than 2 months ago, pretty normal life but after an encounter (oral no protection), girl told my she was clean (been dating for a while now) she had one long relationship before me.  I started to feel almost 2 days later irritation in my glans and meatus. Consulted with a doctor and he prescribed Azytromicin/ceftriaxone/ metronidazole, thinking it was a urethritis. 
      3 days after treatment felt muscle pain in the inside of my groin and light right testicular pain while sitting (had a similar feeling 6 months ago and an ultrasound was made revealing a small varicocele).  Small itchy rash in my lower right back it disappeared in couple of hours. 
      In the morning my urethra looked mildly red and irritated. 
      I started to apply cicaplast baume around the area, but only more irritation was felt. 
      4 days:  new symptoms, light icy sensation after washing my testicles and glans. 
      7 Days in: I had an erection and I felt my glans was being cut or something, very painful, felt very irritated and it was very red, never looked this way before.  Could not see any pimple, vesicle or cut, just rednes and irritation mostly around urethra, glans looked very tight, scaly.   (Picture 1)
      When it was small again it looked super wrinkled.  
      10 days consulted a dermatologist: told me it looked pretty normal gave a soothing cream and fluconazol 1 dose, hydrocortisone 1% for 7 days (mild? To no improvement). 
      Tests:
      Urethra swab:  ocasional: polymorphonuclears, gram positive coccus and yeast. 
      HSV 1 and HSV 2 test made 10 days post:  HSV1 IGG and HSV2 IGG: 164 and 145 UI/ml   (value cut 90 and 110) 
      HSV1 And 2 IGM: negative 
      15 days: no improvement saw an urologist gave me Acexamic Acid for 5 days
      Saw a small withe lesion, irritated inside of urethra, did not sting , no pain while urinating, no secretion. Disappeared within a day or 2.  (Picture 2)
      30 days: saw an infectiologist doctor: told me that did not looked like Herpes, he saw the lab test (random laboratory not that prestigious) and told me that crossed reaction is common, HSV1 orally, but that test was no conclusive (low titles).  (Picture 3)
      Urine test (PCR test) for STD (it includes chlamydia, gonorrea, ureoplasma, mycoplasma, thricomona).  All negative. 
      35 days: started noticing a stinging pain in matus and it irradiated thru the inside and started to have mild stings near suprapubic área, mostly in the first hours of the morning. 
       Another swab: Staph aureus positve. Started cefadroxil 500mg twice daily
      HIV INSTI (-) (5 and a half weeks)
      No improvements, and I am feeling hopeless, stinging persist mostly while sitting, redness still there around meatus and glans , scaly glans and redness during erection. 
      False sense of wetness near pubic area (like if someone randomly dropped a drop of water but no real wetness or secretion seen upon checking in the moment) 
       In my country there is no PCR swab, western blot or virus culture. 
      I can not sleep… , I don’t feel normal, pretty depressed over this… I can’t concentrate on anything, past girlfriends did have oral Herpes, never used condoms for oral just vaginal… did not know about HSV… 
       Could it be gHSV1? Or gHSV2? I cannot recall when I had a sores in my mouth, they were very mild and have not had one in years. Where they sores? 
      Please help !!!  
      Last picture is the way it looks when it is small. 
      Sorry for my english, kind of rusty. 

• Notsure123
      By Notsure123
      So I have been getting pimples on my penis, 2 are chronic and do not move and react like a black head when squeezed, thin wormy thread of pus. Once in a while I will get a larger one midway up my shaft that can be more like a deep pimple under the skin that can pop. Happens about 3-4x a year. This does not hurt or crust over. The other day when cleaning my penis I noticed a rough patch under my forskin and found this small open wound. It alarmed me so I went to urgent care. After saying what I said above the practitioner said “that’s herpes” before seeing my penis. I later went to the VA urgent care for a second opinion and she said it’s not. I have been married 10 years with a break 3 years ago. Here are two angles of the same dot, do any of you have any thoughts on my experience? Syphilus  test came back negative.

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      That's exactly right, you can return to your life and get the blood test as a sleep easy in 12 weeks time (from the last episode).
    • Laurenhelena
      Him and his ex have regular breakouts with all the traditional symptoms and I believe he was swabbed.  So I can return to life as it was before all of this drama ? I may still look into a blood test is I am confident it is accurate 
    • WilsoInAus
      @Laurenhelena how is this guy sure he has herpes? All sounding a bit odd to me. Yes it is very unlikely you will develop lesions now. Rubbing skin to skin is required for any feasible transmission chance. The odds of transmission with unprotected vaginal sex are of the order of 0.08% per epsiode. Halve this if a condom is worn. Compare that to chamydia that has about a 33% chance of transmission with unprotected sex; now that's contagious!
    • Laurenhelena
      I just feel that it’s known as such a contagious STD - I’ve been lying to my family cause when I tried to talk about it they became very anxious and begged me to tell them I hadn’t slept with him when I had - If someone told me that they slept with someone with genital herpes my mind would instantly think they had it.  So it’s unlikely then that I’m going to get symptoms now? I’m not going anything further with that guy but we have cuddled and kissed in bed with underwear on, is that ok?  Im quite sure he has hsv2 given that his ex gave it to him through a threesome  I’ve never had a cold sore   
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Laurenhelena i think by your own admission you are letting fear get the better of you. Any flu symptoms (immune toxic shock) happen after the lesions, not before. Remember that most instances of sexual activity do not result in transmission of herpes. In the end it takes one exposure... but how many times has the person received oral sex from someone with HSV-1? or had sex with someone with HSV-2 even if they didn't know it was present? The UK has amongst the lowest incidence of genital HSV-2 in the world! There's a very good chance he has HSV-1. This means much lower transmission chances than you might think and even a chance it is near zero if you have an oral HSV-1 infection yourself!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.