World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Friends

Fibromyalgia?

Friends

Started feeling nerve pain today. Is this a herpes outbreak? It feels like heartburn in my chest and nerve pain in my arms and legs? 

Kurdt01

Possibly...Neuralgia in the lower extremities is quite common with HSV 2

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Possibly...Neuralgia in the lower extremities is quite common with HSV 2

Well no it is actually very much a minority, plus it is not a form of nerve damage.

Kurdt01

That is the good news....more than likely the nerves are not damaged.....it’s just another expression of the herpes process....confirmed to me by an actual neurologist.

WilsoInAus

@Kurdt01 I also feel that HSV-2 causes nerve ‘sensations’ from mild to severe, but no one knows why or how in the case of HSV 1/2.

Even Halford had no idea why or how except to suggest a form of signal interference meaning pain signals are misfired to the brain. Again this has never been shown.

Interestingly, part of the immune system against HSV actually promotes healthy growth in nerves, greater density. 

Friends

Should I see a neurologist for this? 

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, Friends said:

Should I see a neurologist for this? 

Ansolutely you should if you are experiencing what you feel might be nerve pain.

Friends

Do you guys believe that the disease reacts on the  dependency of your immune system? Because I don't get any sores or skin problems but I feel nerve pain. Why the difference, are they different viruses you think.  

WilsoInAus

Have you had a diagnosis regarding your pain? 

There is no particular reason to have on your radar that herpes may be related here, especially as you are not having outbreaks.

Friends

I am in search of a diagnosis to the nerve pain...if Dr's can figure out what it is and where its coming from I'll be a happy man. My Neurologist wants to do a MRI on my neck to see if I have a pinched nerve...next will be a nerve test, hopefully we find something and I can get treated. 

WilsoInAus

The back is implicated in many instances of nerve pain, sounds a good place to start.