World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
yoyo1234

The Story--any input, PLEASE!

yoyo1234

My story is the last time i had any type of sex was in january of 2007, moreover it was protected sex. Yeah, I did kiss her and no i don't know if she had HSV or not, it was more like a ONS type of deal. Ever since then, I did not had any sexual contact with any other girls or guys. I found a new gf, who is a virgin and still a virgin on june. After a couple of months we began to have oral sex but never went into the real action. Couple of weeks ago i went for testing for which i gotten the results today. The result came up to be a HSV-1 of a 1.2 and HSV-2 as negative. The person that gave me the test result that a 1.2 doesn't mean i definately have the virus and should retest again in a month. Does the 1.2 means i recently gotten it? cause counting back to january, its been more than 10 months. If the virus was there, i would at least expect it to have a higher value rather than a border line value. And how painful are the cold sore in the mouth? I have one right now on the gum i took out my wisdom tooth off last year, but it is not painful at all. If someone can shed some light into this i would be greatly appreciative. Thank you!

catiesmom

The only thing i can offer is, it's possible your virgin girlfriend gave this to you. HSV is not passed solely by sexual contact. It can also be passed by kissing, and it's possible your girlfriend was kissed as a young child by a relative who had a cold sore, and has been a carrier ever since. Don't discount your current relationship just because you haven't had sex. Also, if she does have oral HSV, she can potentially pass it to your genitals by giving you oral sex.

The best thing to do is to assume you have it, and get her tested as well. That way you can take precautions and begin to get the information you need to put your mind at ease.