World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
MikeHerp

interesting study by Fred Hutch center

Miss Horne

Thanks MikeHerp, I enjoy reading your posts. Gene editing is probably years off (if it ever gets approved) but it gives me hope that Keith Jerome and the team are trying.

MikeHerp

Thanks Miss Horne.  

I think you're right to be cautious and not believe that any new treatment or cure is right around the corner.  

But I'd like to think that things are not as far off as they may seem.  The gene editing stuff is really taking off and advances are being made constantly.  Once things click, it might go quicker than we think.  It would certainly be fun to follow it once something is formally in the works.  I believe it's just a question of time.  

Meanwhile, pritelivir might potentially be approved within 2 to 3 years.  There should be phase 2 data out second half of next year.  That has a real shot. I'm cautiously hopeful about that one.

Meanwhile hang in there and keep in touch.  Feel free to send me a chat if you have any questions.  Cheers.  

Miss Horne

Thanks MikeHerp, did you see the article on knowridge.com titled a new way of attacking herpesvirus the other day? Not related to hsv but still really interesting, you might want to read it. Sorry I can’t insert the link, my iPad is old and on its way out (a bit like how I feel) :joy: