Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miss Horne

The truth about herpes

Recommended Posts

Miss Horne

I obviously can only speak for myself but since being diagnosed with hsv a few years ago my life and myself as a person has changed drastically. I never had an easy life (who has) but I was healthy, happy and looking forward to the future. No website tells you what it’s really like to have herpes and I wouldn’t want to make anyone feel worse about having this virus but it’s had a profound effect on me. I’m not the same anyone, I’m forever suffering from this virus or thinking about it, most days both. Not a single day goes by where I don’t ask myself why did this happen to me, why wasn’t I educated about it and why isn’t there better treatment available. My mind is like a prison, I’m not able to talk to anyone about this, I’m not able to explain to people why I’m constantly ill and I don’t have the strength to engage in relationships or friendships anymore. So when I read websites and listen to Doctors telling me this isn’t a big deal it upsets me, it is a big deal for me, it’s changed my life forever and I fear I’ll never be the same again. I’m tired of it and feel like I’m being punished every single day. I know there are far worse things that could happen to me but at times I feel so lost and completely out of my depth. I don’t know why I’m typing this, it serves no purpose but I just need to get it out there I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@Miss Horne I feel you can own your issues more to resolve them.

What testing have you had done for bacterial, fungal and viral issues related to your genitals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gems
1 hour ago, Miss Horne said:

I obviously can only speak for myself but since being diagnosed with hsv a few years ago my life and myself as a person has changed drastically. I never had an easy life (who has) but I was healthy, happy and looking forward to the future. No website tells you what it’s really like to have herpes and I wouldn’t want to make anyone feel worse about having this virus but it’s had a profound effect on me. I’m not the same anyone, I’m forever suffering from this virus or thinking about it, most days both. Not a single day goes by where I don’t ask myself why did this happen to me, why wasn’t I educated about it and why isn’t there better treatment available. My mind is like a prison, I’m not able to talk to anyone about this, I’m not able to explain to people why I’m constantly ill and I don’t have the strength to engage in relationships or friendships anymore. So when I read websites and listen to Doctors telling me this isn’t a big deal it upsets me, it is a big deal for me, it’s changed my life forever and I fear I’ll never be the same again. I’m tired of it and feel like I’m being punished every single day. I know there are far worse things that could happen to me but at times I feel so lost and completely out of my depth. I don’t know why I’m typing this, it serves no purpose but I just need to get it out there I suppose. 

thanks miss horne. im just commenting on threads like this w/ support. being here has been distressing 4 me  too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
40 minutes ago, Gems said:

thanks miss horne. im just commenting on threads like this w/ support. being here has been distressing 4 me  too. 

Jay, stop. You don’t have herpes hence the empathy is fake. That does way more harm than good. I’m sorry you’re incapable of seeing that - please try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voyager2
3 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

why wasn’t I educated about it and why isn’t there better treatment available. 

I felt the same way for quite a while. Herpes was hardly ever mentioned in the media in 1991. I felt like I had dropped into a hole in the side walk that a workman forgot to place a saw horse in front of. There needed to be warnings all over the place. Something to plant a seed of doubt in my mind to keep me from doing something foolish. I've learned I cannot really trust anyone. She could either have it and not know, or know it and not care. I'm determined to use a condom if I ever get into that situation again, which hasn't happened in a long time and may never. It's been life altering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gems
28 minutes ago, Voyager2 said:

I felt the same way for quite a while. Herpes was hardly ever mentioned in the media in 1991. I felt like I had dropped into a hole in the side walk that a workman forgot to place a saw horse in front of. There needed to be warnings all over the place. Something to plant a seed of doubt in my mind to keep me from doing something foolish. I've learned I cannot really trust anyone. She could either have it and not know, or know it and not care. I'm determined to use a condom if I ever get into that situation again, which hasn't happened in a long time and may never. It's been life altering.

it is particularly difficult here too. so many people dont want to hear about sensible safety precautions. obviously we know most people are fine but it is a duty of care to tell them about the basic safety precautions to avoid the real and rare events.

i personally am hopeful to clear this infection...this is my business and no one elses...

if i did such an impossible thing i would never allow any one to kiss me on the cheek...or shake my hand...id just tell them im not touchy feely...thats it.

people can do what they want...the stigma will continue because of the rare and uncommon events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, Gems said:

it is particularly difficult here too. so many people dont want to hear about sensible safety precautions. obviously we know most people are fine but it is a duty of care to tell them about the basic safety precautions to avoid the real and rare events.

i personally am hopeful to clear this infection...this is my business and no one elses...

if i did such an impossible thing i would never allow any one to kiss me on the cheek...or shake my hand...id just tell them im not touchy feely...thats it.

people can do what they want...the stigma will continue because of the rare and uncommon events.

Incorrect Jay, stigma exists from people like yourself who are unable to embrace herpes as a human virus. Nothing more, nothing less.

It has nothing to do with uncommon events. Do car crashes mean people are not allowed to drive? Are car crashes discussed at the time of acquisition of a new car?

Please disregard our resident troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sheenas

Same gurl. It can happen to just anyone.. such a sad song. Lets just hope theres a cure if we're here in 20 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,738
    • Total Posts
      470,249
  • Posts

    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Catalyst4 and welcome to the website. There is no relationship between lichen planes or psoriasis to herpes. Follow the treatment recommended by your doctor. If steroids it is then have no worries regarding herpes.
    • Catalyst4
      Hi all - I’ve been getting weird recurrent redness on my glans since January. I foolishly had unprotected sex and this nightmare started a week or so later. It starts off as a small circle of redness that turns oval and then spreads. There is no bump or no fluid and it doesn’t itch and is not painful. It also gets flaky like psoriasis after a week or so then the skin becomes shiny and thick.  I got a biopsy that said it was possible Lichen Planus. But was a herpes infection responsible for triggering it? I had a swab when the inflammation was at it’s worse and it came back nEgative for herpes but I think it was done way too late. My dermatologist says it’s not herpes- but this all started after an unprotected sex encounter so I think it’s related to some infection somehow. It did go away completely with doxycycline and cortisone cream only to come back a couple of weeks later after finishing  the medication .  I’m set to get my blood test in a few weeks but that will only tell me if I’ve been exposed to HSV, not that the redness is actually HSV.  If it is HSV and it’s causing the Lichen Planus or psoriasis how do I treat it? Steroids will make me more susceptible to further outbreaks Does anyone get this shiny skin as well with their outbreak that does not go away on its own? i have pics I’m trying to upload but the size limitation is a problem ...
    • WilsoInAus
      Hi @hi202020 note that all immune disorders of over activity are related to the immune system attacking the body tissue. They can be highly serious issues such as: lupus, multiple sclerosis, diabetes (type 1), Hasimoto’s etc. Prostadynia is an umbrella term for a number of issues in the genital region. Often you are able to drill down to a more specific cause but sometimes not. The issues in the umbrella are such things as prostatitis, pudenal nerve ‘entrapment’, erythromelagia and fibromyalgia to name a few. 
    • Kurdt01
      The burning (neuralgia, neuropathy) is common...unfortunately even doctors don't know if it means your shedding or not....not necessarily though. There are a lot of nerve issues with herpes...it's way more a nerve issue than a skin issue. Do the antivirals help you? 
    • Kurdt01
      Short of something none of us knows about that comes completely out of left field (which is entirely possible), our best bet on something anytime soon is Pritelivir....hopefully it works as well as we all hope.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.