World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeHerp

Donations to Fred Hutch Center

LetsDoSomething
Posted (edited)

Proud of this community. That was mobilized in less than 72 hours. Let’s keep it going and get some synergy with this legit lab with real science. 

Edited by LetsDoSomething

Sean123
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LetsDoSomething said:

Somebody contact ushers agent and see if some real $$ can get behind this. Great job everyone made the goal!! 

Mike excellent job giving us a voice and respect. 

Im sure atleast 60 percent of famous people have it. 

I live in a small city that fostered tons of NHL players. These guys used to sleep with everything and anything that moves. 

Edited by Sean123

MikeHerp
Posted (edited)

Guys, we've smashed the donation target after just 2 days.

$5,175
Raised towards Fred's goal of $5,000.00

I say, let's keep it coming!  I will e-mail them on Monday to ask them to raise the target (anyway, my understanding is that the target is just notional, I'm sure they will use all the funds we raise!)

WHAT YOU CAN DO:`

1.  Obviously, donate:

Go here:
http://engage.fredhutch.org/goto/hsvresearch

Click Give Now button half way down the page on the left. On the next page do the following:

- Under Donate section, select the amount you want to donate.
- Under Payment section, select your payment type and then enter the required info.
- At the bottom of the page, check off the box that says: Make this donation anonymous

- Click Give Now button

Please also check if your company is matching donations.  you can check that HERE

2.  If you can't or won't donate, that's fine.  The choice is yours where to donate.  But if you don't, you can still help:

• Raise awareness by spreading the news online.  On Facebook.  Twitter. Instagram, anywhere you have an online presence. Got a bio or avatar online, add the donation link to the profile.
  • Ask your friends if they will chip in.
  • Contact potential third party donors (pls do so very nicely and politely).  I know some people above suggested contacting Usher.  Hey, it's worth a shot.  Reach out to any charitable foundations you can think of.

Let's keep the ball rolling!

Edited by MikeHerp

purp7e

Hell yeah @MikeHerpB|

Im actually right now sending emails/msg to herpes bloggers/YouTubers/Instagramers. 

Im spreading awareness of this fundraising. This is the only true meaningful herpes fundraiser Ive seen in my "herpes life". This fundraiser actually makes sense.

Hopefully they will respond and click the link to this forum. Maybe they even will blog or talk about it @ YouTube/Instagram. 

So the 5k$ limit must be raised! I hope Andrea understand we mean business when she sees 5k was raised in 48hours.

We may not contact Usher, Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears directly.. But hopefully they Google their name + herpes from time to time to read gossip. If they do, then Ill count on Googles search results and pray for cash. 

Therefor..

Tags:

"Usher herpes", "kardashian herpes", "Angelina Jolie herpes", "Paris Hilton herpes", "Britney Spears herpes". If you ended up here, please read this thread. 

Sleep tight folks! 

Voyager2

I also want to donate but paused just before entering my visa number. At the bottom they listed their address in Seattle. I wonder if it would be safer to send a check to that address? But fredhutch.org DOES look pretty darn legit. 

Cas9
9 minutes ago, Voyager2 said:

I also want to donate but paused just before entering my visa number. At the bottom they listed their address in Seattle. I wonder if it would be safer to send a check to that address? But fredhutch.org DOES look pretty darn legit. 

There's ZERO concern whether it's legit. You can also google Keith Jerome hsv to see who he is.

MikeHerp
10 minutes ago, Voyager2 said:

It's definitely legit:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-we-gene-edit-herpes-away-180968551/

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AI117519-01A1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5026126/

http://depts.washington.edu/labweb/Faculty/jerome_keith.htm

moialbalushi
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

Bro we need to keep on eye on them. S that if they needed a fund ina. Further step we have to do it and raise awareness 

4 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

There's ZERO concern whether it's legit. You can also google Keith Jerome hsv to see who he is.

But they are still not even in clinical trials no ? 

Edited by moialbalushi

Cas9
6 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

But they are still not even in clinical trials no ? 

That's correct. But what difference does that make? They are doing the research needed to eventually/hopefully get to clinical trials, which is years away. You can't get to clinical trials without the preliminary work. That's what we're funding.

MikeHerp
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cas9 said:

That's correct. But what difference does that make? They are doing the research needed to eventually/hopefully get to clinical trials, which is years away. You can't get to clinical trials without the preliminary work. That's what we're funding.

In addition to what Cas9 correctly noted, I'd just like to add the following (from wikipedia):

Commercialization

The center [Fred Hutch] is active in technology transfer. In 2013, it was one of the top ten biomedical research institutions in the field (excluding universities); it made 18 new deals with companies to develop inventions made at the center, and earned $10,684,882 in income from past deals it had signed.[22] Most notably, Juno Therapeutics, a company developing CAR-T immunotherapy for cancer and that raised $314 million in venture capital investments and had a $265 million initial public offering in 2014, was started based on inventions made at the center.[23] As of 2015, about twenty companies had been started based on center inventions since 1975, including Immunex and Icos.

What this means is that, findings at the center, are often spun out into commercialized products.

Further, Dr. Jerome stated the following:

"The plan going forward is to “optimize every step of the process,” including using a newer generation of gene-editing tools such as CRISPR (more on that below), to attack the virus more effectively and boost mutation rates enough for a true cure. Jerome said it would take “several years of work” before researchers could think about testing the approach in human trials.

“But we’re certainly thinking about that,” he said. “That is the goal.”'

Edited by MikeHerp

Evaluate
2 hours ago, Voyager2 said:

Fred Hutch is out of the University of Washington.  It's a recognized post-secondary institution composed of academics and cutting edge researchers.

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)

Sorry I don’t want to upset anyone but I’m not sure how much more proof we have to post on this forum. Dr Keith Jerome and his lab are genuine, they have been able to disrupt the latent virus in animals, something NOBODY else has been able to do yet. Sure they are not in clinical trials yet and there’s no guarantee that it will even get that far but this is the the only fundraiser that I’m aware of that goes directly towards HSV research and to a reputable labatory. 

We are not asking people to donate their life savings, just what you can and if you want to. You can either make a difference or do nothing, your choice. 

And well done to those that have contributed, over 5,000 dollars in just over two days, amazing! Thank you :heart:

Edited by Miss Horne

Miss Horne

Nice one :thumbsup:

As our friend Usher once said YEAH :yowie:

MikeHerp
5 hours ago, fugazi1 said:

Just donated now : )

BUMP!!

$5,370
Raised towards Fred's goal of $5,000.00

MikeHerp
Posted (edited)

Text of the mail I just sent to the Freed Hutch Team.  I'll let you guys know once I get a reply.

Dear Andrea and Fred Hutch Team,

First, thank you SO MUCH for setting up this fund raiser.  People in the herpes community are ecstatic about it.

The feedback and support for this fundraiser has been tremendous.

To quote one person, "This is the only true meaningful herpes fundraiser I've seen in my "herpes life". This fundraiser actually makes sense."

As you can see, we easily smashed the initial US$5000 target by raising $5370 in less than two days since you started the fund raiser.

The only question that has arisen from the community, is whether you could increase the fund raising target

If possible, please kindly double tor triple the target since we have already easily surpassed it.  If Dr. Keith Jerome and his team at Jerome Lab will use the funds for HSV cure research, we are confident that we can raise much more.  

Once again, thank you very much for this tremendous opportunity which gives us a chance to participate in and support HSV (herpes) cure research.
Edited by MikeHerp

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

Text of the mail I just sent to the Freed Hutch Team.  I'll let you guys know once I get a reply.

Dear Andrea and Fred Hutch Team,

First, thank you SO MUCH for setting up this fund raiser.  People in the herpes community are ecstatic about it.

The feedback and support for this fundraiser has been tremendous.

To quote one person, "This is the only true meaningful herpes fundraiser I've seen in my "herpes life". This fundraiser actually makes sense."

As you can see, we easily smashed the initial US$5000 target by raising $5370 in less than two days since you started the fund raiser.

The only question that has arisen from the community, is whether you could increase the fund raising target

If possible, please kindly double tor triple the target since we have already easily surpassed it.  If Dr. Keith Jerome and his team at Jerome Lab will use the funds for HSV cure research, we are confident that we can raise much more.  

Once again, thank you very much for this tremendous opportunity which gives us a chance to participate in and support HSV (herpes) cure research.

Target has been changed to 10,000 dollars! 

Spead the word and let’s smash this target too :thumbsup:

Edited by Miss Horne

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)

Does anybody else think that Dr Keith Jerome looks quite hot in that photo on the donations link???

It’s probably just me isn’t it .............. 

Edited by Miss Horne

MikeHerp
47 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Does anybody else think that Dr Keith Jerome looks quite hot in that photo on the donations link???

He does have that handsome scientist look!  Haha.  

Yes, the target is changed to $10,000.

JHenry
23 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

He does have that handsome scientist look!  Haha.  

Yes, the target is changed to $10,000.

Less than 25 individuals have contributed $5550 to date.  I have no idea how many people are members of Honeycomb, but have to believe it is a sizable number.  

The ball is rolling thanks to those that created the dedicated donation website.   It’s important to emphasize that regardless of the amount, every dollar counts and they all add up.

Kudos for satisfying the first level, as an entity, lets keep the wood on the first and achieve level #2, the $10,000 noted above.   It’s wonderful that we can actually do something that helps ourselves! 

Lets go team!

Cas9
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

It's official; Miss Horne has the hots for Keith Jerome :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXG4dVT0mrE

Edited by Cas9

MikeHerp
Posted (edited)

I just fired in another $500. So we should be over $6k soon.  I'm going to continue to donateto to this.

Please help me spread the good word about tyhis fund raiser.

Edited by MikeHerp

MikeHerp

There she goes!

$6,050
Raised towards Fred's goal of $10,000.00

blurneworder

Great job, everyone!

theuniversesucks

$100 donated . Il donate another $200 if it gets over 10k . I think we might run out of people .