World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
nc0200

Back Pain and HSV 1

nc0200

Hey! Question for you all.

I have only had HSV 1 genitally for 4 months. And only the initial OB.

This week, I have been plagued with lower back pain. It's like the dull ache you get with your menstrual cycle, but it's constant throughout the day for 2 weeks now.

I have no history of back pain (been lucky) so this is extremely uncomfortable for me.

Does anyone else suffer from lower back pain as a result of HSV? Could the 2 be linked? Maybe it's prodome? Like I've said, I have been lucky enough to only have the one OB and no more so far.

catiesmom

It's certainly possible. I had menstrual-type pains with my second one, i believe. If you're taking any supplements, up the dosage for a few days (ie i take immune support herbs and i'd up mine to 2 a day when i feel prodromal symptoms or before i get my period). I'm sure someone else will chime in with their experience, though!

nc0200
It's certainly possible. I had menstrual-type pains with my second one, i believe. If you're taking any supplements, up the dosage for a few days (ie i take immune support herbs and i'd up mine to 2 a day when i feel prodromal symptoms or before i get my period). I'm sure someone else will chime in with their experience, though!

Thanks for your advice! I stopped taking Lysine a while back, but I should probably get back on that. I also take Valtrex 1 daily, but here we are, in March, and I still have lower back aches. Also, I have been getting fever/flu a lot lately. Like, once a month. Is this probably herpes related?

bluefrog

since contracting hsv 1 and 2 (both genitally) last april 07 (diagnosed May 07), i have had continual back pain, prodome gets worse, obs are the worst. I am hoping that as I close in on the first year anniversary (yippy), UGH......that it will lessen. I take lysine daily, other vitamins when I remember and also drink a Danactive yogurt daily. No prescription drugs for me. Hope this helps.

nc0200
since contracting hsv 1 and 2 (both genitally) last april 07 (diagnosed May 07), i have had continual back pain, prodome gets worse, obs are the worst. I am hoping that as I close in on the first year anniversary (yippy), UGH......that it will lessen. I take lysine daily, other vitamins when I remember and also drink a Danactive yogurt daily. No prescription drugs for me. Hope this helps.

It's good to know we're not alone with this! I have never had any back pain in my life until December, and it's been continuous. I contracted HSV 1 in September. I get a couple days here and there where it's gone.

I find sleeping on my stomach, with a pillow propped up under my hips, helps relieve the pain a bit.

keepingthefaith

Pain in left Buttock and left labia

Sorry for the use of the term labia. I hate that word. But in honor of science...here it goes. Is the muscle aching a prodrome symptom? My left butt cheek hurts from the inside and my left labia is aching. Have had one shooting pain as well. Also having a bit of tired chills today. This just started today but I was feeling like I was getting a head cold two days ago. Made myself not check the little mirror this morning.

One thing that I think is present with H that nobody explicitly talks about is hypochondria. Us newbies just have no idea what's going on and my rational mind says, you'll just have to wait and see how it goes. But I was already a hypochondriac prior to HSV2 and would run to gyno if there was a bump, or anything out of the ordinary. Now every itch, ache, pain, tear, discharge, discoloration, etc. is a potential OB. One time, when I was actually thin, I discovered my zygomatic crest and thought it was cancer, because how could a bone be so round and stick out like that? I'm trying to be funny. But I am starting to drive myself crazy just a little. Thanks for listening.

marriedwchildren

keepingthefaith,

I am so sorry to hear about your discomfort and i totally agree with you that hypochondria is a BIG BIG problem for me as well. I have hsv1 diagnosed 3 month ago and I also have to look at myself in the mirror sometimes 8 times daily everytime I feel a twinge, tingle, slight itch ot any king of pain. I am on Valtrex 500mg daily just to ease my mind and it still does not help me from assuming I am having another OB. Thank goodness so far so good I have not had another OB , but i wake everyday and wonder is this the day of the next OB. It is driving me crazy and almost all consuming for me, I thought about seeking mental health , but I am still embarrassed about this virus and have not told a soul about my condition. My husband knows of course, because he passed it o me after he had a cold sore. I am trying to be strong for him, and make sure he does not know I look at my private parts because he already feels guilty about the whole situation. Now as far as back pain, I do not have that problem, but i do have sever leg pain flare ups, but this I thought was from herpes but after 2 flare ups of legs pains and numbness I went to have an MRI and on top of all this craziness, I was diagnosed with MS. I have not told my hubby that this virus could of been my trigger, even though I have a family history of this disease. It lay dormont waiting for the right moment to strike and boy did it ever. But I am honestly not as hypo about this MS than I am about herpes. I cannot explain why that is, but herpes is the worst of the 2 illnesses I have. Sounds crazy I know, but this is how this virus affected me. Made me unsure about everything in my body and my life. take care all and I sure wish you all good cheer!:smile:

keepingthefaith

Married,

I am so sorry to hear about the MS. That is something that I am also very worried about... well, more power to you to be so strong. And I'm fine with the discomfort--I think it is more psychological than anything else about waiting for the next awful thing to happen (catestrophizing in psych lingo). I hope *you* are ok.

I guess I will just have to wait and see about this ache thing. It's not awful, just out of the ordinary and reminding me of my first OB. For two days, I felt that weird muscular "pinging." This morning I was psyched to do yoga tonight and now I just want to curl in a ball and sleep. But from what I've heard, everybody (even the regular non-herpes people) feels like doing that today. ;) take care.