World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
X629

Strange symptoms

X629

Roughly 1.5-2 years ago I had drunken unprotected oral and vaginal sex during a very low point in my life. I’m a straight male and have no history of cold sores.

A day or 2 after sex I had some burning during urination at the tip of the penis and clear discharge.  Never any signs of sores/blisters/etc. After a few weeks the symptoms went away. The girl swore to me that she was clean and we have some mutual friends who also vouched for that.  I still had my doubts so I saw my doctor and he tested me for HIV, chlamaydia, and gonorrhea. All came back negative.

Fast forward about a year and I began have lower back pains every morning for roughly a month. This eventually went away.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and I’m in a committed, healthy relationship. I started getting burning during urination at the tip of the penis and went to a walk in clinic a few days later. They did a urine test and everything showed “normal”.  White blood cells and red blood cells showed “rare” but nothing to be alarmed about per the doctor.  They told me to see a urologist if it symptoms didn’t clear up in a few days. 

A few days after the doctor visit I began feeling tingling/itching in my genitals and anus (straight male, never had anal sex) and itching all over my body. I still have no signs of sores. This has been going on for about 5 days now.  

I have appointments with a urologist and dermatologist but neither could see me for a few days and I’m total mess mentally. I don’t know if all these symptoms are a strange coincidence or what. I guess I’m just looking for some insight/peace of mind from people who understand their symptoms. 

X629
14 minutes ago, RainyDay2 said:

Sounds like what I have.  Did you take a herpes IGG blood test?

I have not yet.

X629

Update: I saw a dermatologist and urologist. They attributed the itching from dry skin and the pain while urinating from prostatitis. I asked the urologist about herpes and told him my history and said it was “highly doubtful”. I’ve had itching/tingling for going on 2 weeks but no sores, blisters, etc. 

HerpesOrNot

@x629 did you ever get any solution to your issues? Was it herpes or a bacterial infection that cleared up with meds?