World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Jessicamay97

Herpes on your finger

Jessicamay97

I was diagnosed with herpes only a year ago, having slept with my current boyfriend just the once I instantly had an outbreak. It’s been a tough year if I’m honest and this definitely hasn’t helped. I’ve had about 20 outbreaks and I am now on suppression tablets, but one thing has happened recently- I’ve had an outbreak on my finger? Literally the inside of my index finger had around 5/ 6 blisters. It’s heart breaking, it has left deep red scars that no amount of bio oil is helping.

Has this happened to anyone else? Have they experienced outbreaks anywhere else on their body?

Cas9
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jessicamay97 said:

I was diagnosed with herpes only a year ago, having slept with my current boyfriend just the once I instantly had an outbreak. It’s been a tough year if I’m honest and this definitely hasn’t helped. I’ve had about 20 outbreaks and I am now on suppression tablets, but one thing has happened recently- I’ve had an outbreak on my finger? Literally the inside of my index finger had around 5/ 6 blisters. It’s heart breaking, it has left deep red scars that no amount of bio oil is helping.

Has this happened to anyone else? Have they experienced outbreaks anywhere else on their body?

It's likely happened to me but never been swabbed for verification. It's considered rare to get a new infection once antibodies are in place. That said, don't assume it's herpes, albeit blisters are an indication. Provide a picture here on the forum. But ultimately, you should have it swabbed.

By the way, to get it on your finger you need to have had that finger in contact with an infected area; i.e. it doesn't spread from your vagina to you finger systematically.

Edited by Cas9