World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  

new with questions

Genital Herpes Home Testing

NEW - In-home Genital Herpes Testing Kits!

Affordable, Hassle-free, 100% Confidential, 5 Minute Testing
  • No doctor or lab visits required
  • Prescription sent to your pharmacy
  • Lab-certified results in days
  • All from the comfort of home

I am grateful to find this message board. I'm 22 and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a little over a year. He was my first partner and has been my only partner. He is 27 and has had a few partners in the past, but said he is free of diseases. We started being intimate about three months ago, but did not use protection for oral sex. Two weeks ago I started feeling different. It started with an ache in my shoulders that eventually spread to most of my body. I felt tired all the time. Then the itching started in my genital area. I haven't noticed any blisters exactly, but I had an area that was sore even just to have clothing against it. The skin down there got very dry and turned brown before flaking off. The skin now cracks and sometimes bleeds. I have never experienced anything like this and am not sure who to turn to. The only relief I have found is taking showers. Eventually I suspected that it might be std related, so I went to a clinic to be tested, only to find that the clinic in my area does not test for herpes. I guess I'm hoping someone out there could give their opinion. I'm pretty sure it is what I have, but am not sure how or where to go to get tested, or if I should even bother as I've been reading that there is no cure. I haven't talked to my boyfriend about it. I am worried that he will get angry and don't even know how to bring it up. I'm sad to think that I may have gotten something like this from him, and scared because I feel like there is no one I can talk to. I just needed to share, and if anyone has suggestions for ways to stop the itch, please share. I've tried oatmeal baths, rubbing alcohol, and zinc ointment.