World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Imawakenow

GAwwww! This herpes thing is lonely...Oral HSV2

Imawakenow

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that has Oral HSV2! Yes, for those wondering, I had a culture done on an oral lesion.....Do I have it genitally? I don't know....I've never had any symptoms below the waste.

I just feel like there's no one to share with.....waaaaa.....I'm a big baby!

Imawakenow

Cold Sores

Well, to lessen the whole "Type 2" blow, I do say "cold sore"......when I talk about the one lesion I've ever had.........just knowing its in me kinda sucks, ya know.........i just wish there were others with Type 2 cold sores besides me......

and thanks for the info.....I've saved the page.....

catiesmom

There are. And you'll find quite a few of those that admit to it here.

chooseyourbattles

If you call it coldsores, you'll have a lot less stigma to deal with than someone with genital HSV2.

ohwell

Why can't we start calling G-HSV2 for cold sores or another nice euphamism?! Why is that privelege reserved for oral herpes....?

solvingtheproblem

exactly

OHSV1 (or 2!) = fever blisters, cold sores

Herpes varicella = chickenpox, shingles

GHSV1 (or 2) = GENITAL HERPES

So how 'bout "stress stubble" for GHSV? Or "arginine acne"? ;-)

Free Spirit

Hi I have only found out and like you mine is oral but not outside of my mouth inside and down my throat. I can not find any info on this either. I have no signs down below. well not yet anyway

unlucky30

ok just remember that you are allowed to feel the way you do. I know that that alot of the members here who have compiled lots of knowledge about this disease. I hope that you feel better soon. Im sending you positive thoughts and hugs.

chilla

I like stress stubble

Like if someone asked you what's wrong you could be like

"oh, I'm just have a lil stress stubble right now"

I like it...It would never catch on cuz then they'd be like

"what's that?" Then you'd still have to end up say genital herpes...but it would be nice

ohwell

No, if they say "whats that?" you say "well its just this stubble I get sometimes when I'm stressed" ;) My hope is that eventually stress stubble will erase the word herpes:)

chilla

It might

If enough ppl are infected and at the rate it's spreading (which by the way is a shame cuz ppl aren't educating themselves about STDs) everybody n they momma gonna have it...nobody is gonna wanna call it herpes then...

OceanDeep
OHSV1 (or 2!) = fever blisters, cold sores

Herpes varicella = chickenpox, shingles

GHSV1 (or 2) = GENITAL HERPES

So how 'bout "stress stubble" for GHSV? Or "arginine acne"? ;-)

LMAO stress stubble you really cracked me up with that one...let me test it out "yeah...no honey no nookie tonight I've got stress stubble" LMAO it just cracks me up. How about saying you have a cold sore on your pparts? If everyone started saying that then maybe people would realize the the same viruses are causing both coldsores and gen herpes just in diff locations.

to the OP is there a big diff in the way OHSV2 looks verses OHSV1? I have GHSV2 and it was very very mild and looks nothing like any of the pics I saw on the web, never saw any blisters just two little red sores.

ohwell
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that has Oral HSV2! Yes, for those wondering, I had a culture done on an oral lesion.....Do I have it genitally? I don't know....I've never had any symptoms below the waste.

I just feel like there's no one to share with.....waaaaa.....I'm a big baby!

Back to original post and other people with oral HSV2. I have GHSV 2 and have read that the likelihood of transmitting it via oral sex is very small due to type 2 not "liking" the oral area as much (as the genital area is its home;) though we know that both types can occur in both places. So just curious how you got infected...did your partner have an OB at the time....? Also I've read that people with genital HSV 1 rarely get recurring OBs so maybe the same is true for oral HSV2....just to give you hope! Also if it looks the same as oral HSV1 then at least you get to call it cold sores;) (Dont mean to downplay your suffering just cheer you up!)