World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miss Horne

Another thing to keep in mind ..... Pritelivir

Miss Horne

I guess we can’t do much until we hear about the Phase 2 results but I’m sure I read somewhere that some drugs can go to market after a successful Phase 2. Priteliver has been studied since 2002 and we haven’t had any new treatment available to us for many, many years. This is a drug that could potentially help many of us live a normal life again and I for one would very much welcome that. Let’s keep an eye on this and make some noise if we have to :thumbsup:

Miss Horne
1 hour ago, Skrillah80 said:

When is this drug suppose to come out?

It’s still in clinical trials, anything between 3 to 5 years I’d say. That’s if it goes to phase 3. Unfortunately we have nothing else to look forward to, on the drug front anyway. 

BulaHope
23 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

It’s still in clinical trials, anything between 3 to 5 years I’d say. That’s if it goes to phase 3. Unfortunately we have nothing else to look forward to, on the drug front anyway. 

But a similar drug has already been approved in Japan right?

Eradicatethefuckouttahsv

Will probably be expensive compared to what we have now, really hope excision succeeds in providing a functional cure that would be live changing 

purp7e
Posted (edited)

Drugs can go to the marked after a successfull Phase 2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4936080/

Also, Josh Bloom stated that Pritelivir could be out in two years. Read the comments. 

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/06/12/herpes-vaccines-dont-work-what-about-drugs-pritelivir-page-aids-playbook-13074

Anyone knows when Phase 2 is expected to be completed? 

Edited by purp7e

Miss Horne
2 hours ago, BulaHope said:

But a similar drug has already been approved in Japan right?

Yes but only available in Japan, although some people on this forum buy it from Japan. 

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, purp7e said:

Drugs can go to the marked after a successfull Phase 2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4936080/

Also, Josh Bloom stated that Pritelivir could be out in two years. Read the comments. 

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/06/12/herpes-vaccines-dont-work-what-about-drugs-pritelivir-page-aids-playbook-13074

Anyone knows when Phase 2 is expected to be completed? 

I believe Phase 2 is complete, they are now gathering the data, which should be available mid year ....... I think. 

Also I believe Aicuris are developing a topical solution using Pritelivir, who knows we could even put that on our asses, vaginas, dicks and balls in the meantime :thumbsup: 

Edited by Miss Horne

hellohello111
Posted (edited)

You’re looking at about a 2020 release to the market. It was fast tracked by the FDA. The holdup is the anemia issues that arose when being evaluated on monkeys. 

I for one am literally waiting for this to come out and use suppresively until excision completes their work. 

For me, using this daily would essentially eliminate outbreaks and allow me to live a normal life, like drinking a beer, taking creatine again, etc. 

If I can live a normal life without having outbreaks, this drug will work fine for me. Look to 2020-2021 for its release and probably 2030 for CRSIPR

Edited by hellohello111

Miss Horne
37 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

You’re looking at about a 2020 release to the market. It was fast tracked by the FDA. The holdup is the anemia issues that arose when being evaluated on monkeys. 

I for one am literally waiting for this to come out and use suppresively until excision completes their work. 

For me, using this daily would essentially eliminate outbreaks and allow me to live a normal life, like drinking a beer, taking creatine again, etc. 

If I can live a normal life without having outbreaks, this drug will work fine for me. Look to 2020-2021 for its release and probably 2030 for CRSIPR

I would happily take any drug for the rest of my life it eliminated all symptoms and allowed me to live a normal life again, personally I’d be over the moon with that :yep:

hellohello111
8 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

I would happily take any drug for the rest of my life it eliminated all symptoms and allowed me to live a normal life again, personally I’d be over the moon with that :yep:

I categorically agree. I’m looking forward to it. 

Miss Horne
2 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

I categorically agree. I’m looking forward to it. 

Would be cool wouldn’t it, feeling healthy, happy and normal again! 

Thats all I want in life as sad and pathetic as it sounds.

Healthy and happy :heart:

Miss Horne

Let’s hope Pritelivir allows us all to do this one day, be healthy and happy once again :)

hellohello111
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Let’s hope Pritelivir allows us all to do this one day, be healthy and happy once again :)

Yes. It’s the little things I want back like going out and having a few thick beers and not worrying about what’s going to happen after. Also my workouts have been absent some great supplements because of what’s in them. Or even getting a cold without worrying about an outbreak happening after. Yes it feels good to know this is coming 

Edited by hellohello111

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

Yes. It’s the little things I want back like going out and having a few thick beers and not worrying about what’s going to happen after. Also my workouts have been absent some great supplements because of what’s in them. Or even getting a cold without worrying about an outbreak happening after. Yes it feels good to know this is coming 

None of these things should be a problem for you, especially a nice cold beer!

hellohello111
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

None of these things should be a problem for you, especially a nice cold beer!

Unfortunately it is. It’s one of my triggers. Tested several times over

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

Unfortunately it is. It’s one of my triggers. Tested several times over

Not likely, more likely associated with the stress that accompanies beer drinking. There’s nothing about beer that is linked to herpes activity.

MikeHerp
Posted (edited)

I highlightyed on my blog that FDA can sometimes approve a fast track med after just a phase 2 study.  So let's hope for the best.

Pritelivir was fast tracked andf I believe the study is due to be completed in October this year.  I think results would be published not long afterwards.

That doesn't mean the medicine would be approved just like that.  I understand it still takes time to submit the approval application, review it, etc.

Earlier this year, as highlighred by a  poster above, Josh Bloom has suggested it has a chance to be approved in a couple of years.  That sounds about right on the timing.

I'm looking forward to that and hope for the best.  Because early studies suggested it might be twice as effective as valtrex, I think it has a solid shot.  Main issue probably is safety. 

Even if it's approved, you'd still have to convince a doctor to prescribe it off label--it's only being tested for immunoicompromised patients.

But, all the same.  Having another potential option in the arsenal would be important. There are some anecdotes that some ppl have been taking Japan's Amenalief off label for this purpose and that it's helped them significantly.  Amenalief is in the same class as Pritelivir.  If anything, I was under the impression that Pritelivir might have even stronger action against HSV than Amenalief, based on studies that I've read, though there has not been any head to head comparison.

Edited by MikeHerp

steel_panther
17 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

I highlightyed on my blog that FDA can sometimes approve a fast track med after just a phase 2 study.  So let's hope for the best.

Pritelivir was fast tracked andf I believe the study is due to be completed in October this year.  I think results would be published not long afterwards.

That doesn't mean the medicine would be approved just like that.  I understand it still takes time to submit the approval application, review it, etc.

Earlier this year, as highlighred by a  poster above, Josh Bloom has suggested it has a chance to be approved in a couple of years.  That sounds about right on the timing.

I'm looking forward to that and hope for the best.  Because early studies suggested it might be twice as effective as valtrex, I think it has a solid shot.  Main issue probably is safety. 

Even if it's approved, you'd still have to convince a doctor to prescribe it off label--it's only being tested for immunoicompromised patients.

But, all the same.  Having another potential option in the arsenal would be important. There are some anecdotes that some ppl have been taking Japan's Amenalief off label for this purpose and that it's helped them significantly.  Amenalief is in the same class as Pritelivir.  If anything, I was under the impression that Pritelivir might have even stronger action against HSV than Amenalief, based on studies that I've read, though there has not been any head to head comparison.

mike herp you seem like you have much knowledge about this drugs.  Can you elaberate on what this drug will offer as for reducted out breaks etc? The way people are talking are making it sound like its going to be a very big deal.

thank you

MikeHerp
1 minute ago, steel_panther said:

mike herp you seem like you have much knowledge about this drugs.  Can you elaberate on what this drug will offer as for reducted out breaks etc? The way people are talking are making it sound like its going to be a very big deal.

thank you

It potentially is a big deal.  I don't have any special knowledge, but I've read all the study results that were published etc.

Basically, a phase 2 showed that pritelivir cut shedding and lesions by around twice as much as valtrex.  This is based off a phase 2 trial that was terminated before it was completed, so the number of people who took pritelivir in the trial, was a bit limited.  But still, that's significant.

The other thing is that, pritelivir has a significantly longer half life than valtrex. So it could protect you for longer. So they even experimented with a once a week 400mg mega dose in one of the study arms.  It wasn't the most effective dose in the end, but it did show reasonable effectiveness. 

And the other important thing is that, the mechanism of action of pritelivir is different than valtrex, so the two meds could potentially be stacked.  An earlier combination therapy study with pritelivir and valtrex showed synergistic effect, at least in animals.  Synergistic suggests that the two would enhance each other's effect.

While pritelivir isn't a cure, there's a lot to potentially like about... it if it is approved.

dont quit!17
40 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

It potentially is a big deal.  I don't have any special knowledge, but I've read all the study results that were published etc.

Basically, a phase 2 showed that pritelivir cut shedding and lesions by around twice as much as valtrex.  This is based off a phase 2 trial that was terminated before it was completed, so the number of people who took pritelivir in the trial, was a bit limited.  But still, that's significant.

The other thing is that, pritelivir has a significantly longer half life than valtrex. So it could protect you for longer. So they even experimented with a once a week 400mg mega dose in one of the study arms.  It wasn't the most effective dose in the end, but it did show reasonable effectiveness. 

And the other important thing is that, the mechanism of action of pritelivir is different than valtrex, so the two meds could potentially be stacked.  An earlier combination therapy study with pritelivir and valtrex showed synergistic effect, at least in animals.  Synergistic suggests that the two would enhance each other's effect.

While pritelivir isn't a cure, there's a lot to potentially like about... it if it is approved.

Pritelivir is the real deal. If I recall correctly, the maximum effective dose was 98% reduction in shedding. Basically a functional cure with a small dose of valtrex and condom use. But even alone it should do the trick. 

Pritelivir is also stronger HPI than Amenamevir. This HPI should work wonders until CRISPR gets figured out. 

MikeHerp
2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Pritelivir is the real deal. If I recall correctly, the maximum effective dose was 98% reduction in shedding. Basically a functional cure with a small dose of valtrex and condom use. But even alone it should do the trick. 

Pritelivir is also stronger HPI than Amenamevir. This HPI should work wonders until CRISPR gets figured out. 

To be more precise, people on pritelivir shed 2.4% of days.  That's not quite the same as 98% reduction in shedding.  (in ppl on placeba, shedding was around 16%, so 16% was reduced to 2.4%. Valtrex reduced it to something like 5.2%.

It is very strong, but not quite a functional cure.

Combined with Valtrex?  Who knows.  Maybe it could approach a functional cure.

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

To be more precise, people on pritelivir shed 2.4% of days.  That's not quite the same as 98% reduction in shedding.  (in ppl on placeba, shedding was around 16%, so 16% was reduced to 2.4%. Valtrex reduced it to something like 5.2%.

So what would 2.4% days of a 28 day trial be? = 0.672 days,

2.4% of 100 days is 2.4 days

2.4% of 300 days is 7.2 days

2.4% of 65 days is 1.56 days. 

So in a year (365 days) you would shed around 8.76 days or  you can round it off to 9 days on Pritelivir only.

So any other protection including condoms as well as a synergistic effect of Valtrex could do the trick. 

Also just because we shed doesn't equal transmission. We may be below the transmission threshold. 

(please correct my math if I'm wrong)

Kurdt01

If you're desperate and waiting for Pritelivir, I'd go ahead and order the stuff from Japan...it may not be identical but should at least give you an idea...if you don't have insurance, priteliver will probably be even more expensive anyways once it is released....

JHenry
7 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

MikeHerp,  to clarify in my mind:  With Priteliver, 2.4% represents how many “shedding events” one can expect on average in a year?   There would be  8.76 shedding “events” on average in a year, of which some may not have a high enough viral load to be considered “contagious”? 

Is Priteliver an oral or injectable treatment?    Thanks in advance, Henry.