World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miss Horne

Another thing to keep in mind ..... Pritelivir

Miss Horne
13 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

I highlightyed on my blog that FDA can sometimes approve a fast track med after just a phase 2 study.  So let's hope for the best.

Pritelivir was fast tracked andf I believe the study is due to be completed in October this year.  I think results would be published not long afterwards.

That doesn't mean the medicine would be approved just like that.  I understand it still takes time to submit the approval application, review it, etc.

Earlier this year, as highlighred by a  poster above, Josh Bloom has suggested it has a chance to be approved in a couple of years.  That sounds about right on the timing.

I'm looking forward to that and hope for the best.  Because early studies suggested it might be twice as effective as valtrex, I think it has a solid shot.  Main issue probably is safety. 

Even if it's approved, you'd still have to convince a doctor to prescribe it off label--it's only being tested for immunoicompromised patients.

But, all the same.  Having another potential option in the arsenal would be important. There are some anecdotes that some ppl have been taking Japan's Amenalief off label for this purpose and that it's helped them significantly.  Amenalief is in the same class as Pritelivir.  If anything, I was under the impression that Pritelivir might have even stronger action against HSV than Amenalief, based on studies that I've read, though there has not been any head to head comparison.

Thanks for this MikeHerp. That’s the thing that worries me about this if it ever gets approved is the fact that we might not be able to get it, only immunodeficiency patients and of course side effects. 

I once read a blog about a guy that took part in one of the trials (it’s probably still on the net somewhere if you were to look for it) and he said his HSV levels were undetectable. So I’m usumimg he had problems with his immune system but was ok taking the drug??

My hope is that this drug becomes available to us all in a couple of years. As much as I want a cure I think this is our only shot for anything significant in the next couple of years but hey I know sweet f’ck all at the end of the day, this is why the scientists and doctors are in the lab and I’m on this forum, talking shit :)

dont quit!17
3 hours ago, JHenry said:

MikeHerp,  to clarify in my mind:  With Priteliver, 2.4% represents how many “shedding events” one can expect on average in a year?   There would be  8.76 shedding “events” on average in a year, of which some may not have a high enough viral load to be considered “contagious”? 

Is Priteliver an oral or injectable treatment?    Thanks in advance, Henry.

That is my question pretty much. 

If 9 shedding events happened a year, with some shedding events probably NOT hitting the transmission threshold. You would have to be having sex multiple times daily every day  x 365 days for transmission to occur. 

But maybe we can get some clarification from others on forum regarding transmission. 

Rarala
6 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

So what would 2.4% days of a 28 day trial be? = 0.672 days,

2.4% of 100 days is 2.4 days

2.4% of 300 days is 7.2 days

2.4% of 65 days is 1.56 days. 

So in a year (365 days) you would shed around 8.76 days or  you can round it off to 9 days on Pritelivir only.

So any other protection including condoms as well as a synergistic effect of Valtrex could do the trick. 

Also just because we shed doesn't equal transmission. We may be below the transmission threshold. 

(please correct my math if I'm wrong)

What’s the transmission threshold ? 

WilsoInAus
32 minutes ago, Rarala said:

I doubt this will ever really be worked out. In the end it will always be a statement of probability.

There are some interesting papers such as this one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006256/

It is a great read and a good attempt, but in the end not very realistic. For example what if a guy has HSV, has genital sex but the outbreak happens on his butt?!?

Nevertheless the model shows things such as 10,000 copies of the virus looks to be a threshold below which infection essentially has a zero chance of infecting someone. More than 50% of shedding episodes are less than this level. I think that's a better way of looking at it, that 50%-70% of shedding episodes have no chance of infection whereas maybe 10% have close to a 100% chance with the rest, 20% or so, having an even chance.

Miss Horne
1 hour ago, dont quit!17 said:

You would have to be having sex multiple times daily every day  x 365 days

I doubt it that any of us are that lucky!

Mountainsplease
19 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

I highlightyed on my blog that FDA can sometimes approve a fast track med after just a phase 2 study.  So let's hope for the best.

Pritelivir was fast tracked andf I believe the study is due to be completed in October this year.  I think results would be published not long afterwards.

That doesn't mean the medicine would be approved just like that.  I understand it still takes time to submit the approval application, review it, etc.

Earlier this year, as highlighred by a  poster above, Josh Bloom has suggested it has a chance to be approved in a couple of years.  That sounds about right on the timing.

I'm looking forward to that and hope for the best.  Because early studies suggested it might be twice as effective as valtrex, I think it has a solid shot.  Main issue probably is safety. 

Even if it's approved, you'd still have to convince a doctor to prescribe it off label--it's only being tested for immunoicompromised patients.

But, all the same.  Having another potential option in the arsenal would be important. There are some anecdotes that some ppl have been taking Japan's Amenalief off label for this purpose and that it's helped them significantly.  Amenalief is in the same class as Pritelivir.  If anything, I was under the impression that Pritelivir might have even stronger action against HSV than Amenalief, based on studies that I've read, though there has not been any head to head comparison.

Where are people getting Amenalief?

MikeHerp
7 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

Thanks for this MikeHerp. That’s the thing that worries me about this if it ever gets approved is the fact that we might not be able to get it, only immunodeficiency patients and of course side effects. 

I once read a blog about a guy that took part in one of the trials (it’s probably still on the net somewhere if you were to look for it) and he said his HSV levels were undetectable. So I’m usumimg he had problems with his immune system but was ok taking the drug??

My hope is that this drug becomes available to us all in a couple of years. As much as I want a cure I think this is our only shot for anything significant in the next couple of years but hey I know sweet f’ck all at the end of the day, this is why the scientists and doctors are in the lab and I’m on this forum, talking shit :)

I think if you have serious symptoms orf if you are having sex to have a baby, you would be able to persuade a sympathetic doctor.  Or maybe you could try to order it online somehow, like with Amenalief.

I recall that Professor Wald, one of the investigators, hoped that, if the drug is approved for immunocompromised, then they will go back to trials in regular patients as well.  But that's just her hope.  I think it would he if a. the drug is approved, and b. it piles up a nice history of use in immunocompromised patients which shows safety.  Then maybe they can convince regulators to go back to trials in regular patients. 

RNY18
Posted (edited)

:ok_hand:

Edited by RNY18

RNY18
Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by RNY18

valleynovascotia
Just now, dont quit!17 said:

So what would 2.4% days of a 28 day trial be? = 0.672 days,

2.4% of 100 days is 2.4 days

2.4% of 300 days is 7.2 days

2.4% of 65 days is 1.56 days. 

So in a year (365 days) you would shed around 8.76 days or  you can round it off to 9 days on Pritelivir only.

So any other protection including condoms as well as a synergistic effect of Valtrex could do the trick. 

Also just because we shed doesn't equal transmission. We may be below the transmission threshold. 

(please correct my math if I'm wrong)

Would this be enough too not have too disclose anymore or would there still be a big enough chance of spreading it?

dont quit!17
8 hours ago, Rarala said:

>10,000 copies of the HSV, should supposedly be enough for transmission. Anything lower than that, according to the experts would probably result in non-transmission. As Wilson states, this isn't in black and white but simply a model. With that being said, of the 9 days that you would shed, then probably half of those days would be non transmissible (according to the model). Long story short, if you transmit HSV while on max dose of Pritelivir then your partner would simply be very unlucky. 

dont quit!17
7 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

I doubt it that any of us are that lucky!

Exactly my point, then transmission to any partner would be very unlikely. Almost a functional cure in itself. 

dont quit!17
3 hours ago, valleynovascotia said:

Would this be enough too not have too disclose anymore or would there still be a big enough chance of spreading it?

IMHO, I think it does the trick especially with an additional small dose of valtrex and condom use. 

The next worthy question would be to disclose or not to disclose

Like do you disclose to a partner you aren't going to be serious with? 

Are you still going to have flings with people that you aren't going to be serious with? (especially after being infected with HSV)

Do you only disclose to serious partners who you care for because you don't want to damage trust in the relationship? 

Whatever route or approach you take, having Pritelivir available is a good thing!

MikeHerp
3 hours ago, valleynovascotia said:

It would probably cut transmissions more than valtrex.  If I had to guess, maybe by 75%, up from the 50% on valtrex.

But it probably wouldn't be enough alone to completely eliminate transmission.

Maybe stacked with valtrex it would be closer, but my gut feeling suggests it wouldn't quite be enough to completely elininate transmissions--but because the effect is synergistic, it's an open  question how much it would cut shedding and transmission when stacked.

Rarala
1 hour ago, dont quit!17 said:

>10,000 copies of the HSV, should supposedly be enough for transmission. Anything lower than that, according to the experts would probably result in non-transmission. As Wilson states, this isn't in black and white but simply a model. With that being said, of the 9 days that you would shed, then probably half of those days would be non transmissible (according to the model). Long story short, if you transmit HSV while on max dose of Pritelivir then your partner would simply be very unlucky. 

How do u know how much you transmit? 

Rarala
9 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

I doubt this will ever really be worked out. In the end it will always be a statement of probability.

There are some interesting papers such as this one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006256/

It is a great read and a good attempt, but in the end not very realistic. For example what if a guy has HSV, has genital sex but the outbreak happens on his butt?!?

Nevertheless the model shows things such as 10,000 copies of the virus looks to be a threshold below which infection essentially has a zero chance of infecting someone. More than 50% of shedding episodes are less than this level. I think that's a better way of looking at it, that 50%-70% of shedding episodes have no chance of infection whereas maybe 10% have close to a 100% chance with the rest, 20% or so, having an even chance.

I have no idea of numbers I had one single sore in sept which was swabbed and came back type 2 detect nothing else and have since had nothing else 

dont quit!17
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rarala said:

How do u know how much you transmit? 

We don't. Those figures are from scientist who had conducted some type of shedding/transmission study. 

Edited by dont quit!17

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

I think if you have serious symptoms orf if you are having sex to have a baby, you would be able to persuade a sympathetic doctor.  Or maybe you could try to order it online somehow, like with Amenalief.

I recall that Professor Wald, one of the investigators, hoped that, if the drug is approved for immunocompromised, then they will go back to trials in regular patients as well.  But that's just her hope.  I think it would he if a. the drug is approved, and b. it piles up a nice history of use in immunocompromised patients which shows safety.  Then maybe they can convince regulators to go back to trials in regular patients. 

Are you saying that if it got approved for people with immunodeficiency issues then there would need to be more trials for us “normal” folks??

If that’s so then that is insane, this drug will never get off the ground! 

Edited by Miss Horne

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

Are you saying that if it got approved for people with immunodeficiency issues then there would need to be more trials for us “normal” folks??

If that’s so then that is insane, this drug will never get off the ground! 

You should be able to get it off label from a provider with some knowledge of the drug.

Believe me Pritelivir will be pushed like any other drug on the market. 

I think Pritelivir will be the next best thing since the washer machine.  Pray on it, and I hope your day gets better. 

MikeHerp
2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

You should be able to get it off label from a provider with some knowledge of the drug.

Believe me Pritelivir will be pushed like any other drug on the market. 

I think Pritelivir will be the next best thing since the washer machine.  Pray on it, and I hope your day gets better. 

Yes, I also believe that, if the drug is approved for immunocompromised ppl, healthy ppl will also find ways to get their hands on it. 

A doctor could be persuaded to provide it off label etc.

steel_panther
1 hour ago, MikeHerp said:

Yes, I also believe that, if the drug is approved for immunocompromised ppl, healthy ppl will also find ways to get their hands on it. 

A doctor could be persuaded to provide it off label etc.

correct me if I am wrong.  Does this mean the main purpose for this drug is not for HSV? And because of this it wont be prescribed for symptoms of HSV even thought it helps significantly reduce outbreaks and shedding?

dont quit!17
1 hour ago, steel_panther said:

correct me if I am wrong.  Does this mean the main purpose for this drug is not for HSV? And because of this it wont be prescribed for symptoms of HSV even thought it helps significantly reduce outbreaks and shedding?

The main purpose of the drug is for HSV BUT for immunocompromised patients. 

Miss Horne

I’m hoping and praying for this drug.

If and when it becomes available I’ll be more excited than a hooker on payday 9_9

Miss Horne
On 1/8/2019 at 12:57 AM, Mountainsplease said:

Where are people getting Amenalief?

The link has been posted here a few times but I can’t ever open it. 

It’s pricey but people are having good results apparently.

Depends if you want to spend that kind of money or perhaps you’d be better off spending it on booze and hookers xD