World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miss Horne

Another thing to keep in mind ..... Pritelivir

Miss Horne
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

I think Pritelivir will be the next best thing since the washer machine.  

Next best thing since the dildo even!

Edited by Miss Horne

Miss Horne

I know this drug hasn’t even been approved yet and it might never be but does anyone here worry like I do that it might not be up to much good?

What I’m saying is that some of us here appear to resistant to aciclovir and I know Pritelivir works in a different way but it’s only twice as good as aciclovir. Twice as good might not be good enough for some of us. Nothing else in the pipeline either. Scary stuff :/

BulaHope
1 hour ago, Miss Horne said:

I know this drug hasn’t even been approved yet and it might never be but does anyone here worry like I do that it might not be up to much good?

What I’m saying is that some of us here appear to resistant to aciclovir and I know Pritelivir works in a different way but it’s only twice as good as aciclovir. Twice as good might not be good enough for some of us. Nothing else in the pipeline either. Scary stuff :/

I may be mistaken but I think the Japanese one did quite well in clinical trials. Also it works twice as well on its own. Together with acyclovir it may be even better (but in speculating)

Pokemon
2 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

Twice as good might not be good enough for some of us. Nothing else in the pipeline either. Scary stuff :/

It has been suggested that the Japanese version of Pritelivir when combined with Valtrex, gives a superior result that taking one of these drugs alone.

T9000
On 1/8/2019 at 12:14 PM, Miss Horne said:

Are you saying that if it got approved for people with immunodeficiency issues then there would need to be more trials for us “normal” folks??

If that’s so then that is insane, this drug will never get off the ground! 

Yeah say hello to the corrupt bloated bureaucracy that is the fda. 

Miss Horne
1 hour ago, Pokemon said:

This is the link: https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=705711&item_branch=001

When all else fails, Google "amenalief" and look for the link to a family pharmacy in Japan

Thanks Pokemon, for some reason I can’t ever open the link! Done google search, found the website and it still doesn’t work!

Maybe best if I don’t order it, knowing my luck it would get stuck in customs, the police would get involved and I’d end up in the local papers after being arrested for trying to import illegal drugs! Then everyone in town would know about my vagina :$

Pokemon

for some reason I can’t ever open the link!

Sometimes you can copy the link, paste it into the address bar of your browser and hit "Enter"

Pokemon

Maybe best if I don’t order it, knowing my luck it would get stuck in customs, the police would get involved and I’d end up in the local papers after being arrested for trying to import illegal drugs!

Some people in the US have ordered it successfully. Check the thread.

steel_panther
5 hours ago, Pokemon said:

Some people in the US have ordered it successfully. Check the thread.

is 600 bucks u.s for 14 pills...

ill wait till its legal in a few years :)

Pokemon
9 hours ago, steel_panther said:

ill wait till its legal in a few years :)

It's legal, bud. It's approved in Japan and some people on this site have ordered and used it.

14 tablets is a month's supply.

Edited by Pokemon
Clarity

Pokemon
7 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

some people on this site have ordered and used it.

steel_panther
45 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

It's legal, bud. It's approved in Japan and some people on this site have ordered and used it.

14 tablets is a month's supply.

Really? You take it every other day?

Pokemon
54 minutes ago, steel_panther said:

Really? You take it every other day?

The tabs are 200mg but 100mg per day seems sufficient, especially when combined with valtrex. So yo use a pill cutter or whatever and split each tablet in two. 

Even so, $542.49 per month is a bit much for most people

steel_panther
42 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

The tabs are 200mg but 100mg per day seems sufficient, especially when combined with valtrex. So yo use a pill cutter or whatever and split each tablet in two. 

I'm getting excited about this treatment.  I was so let down when RVX went under.  It sounded too good to be true.  Anything new that can help mitigate this virus and keep it at almost 1 ob every few years would be fantastic. Lets all hope promising things from these new treatment options/

Miss Horne
On 1/9/2019 at 2:31 AM, MikeHerp said:

Yes, I also believe that, if the drug is approved for immunocompromised ppl, healthy ppl will also find ways to get their hands on it. 

A doctor could be persuaded to provide it off label etc.

What does off label mean? It’s not a term we use in my country.

Miss Horne
4 hours ago, Pokemon said:

I’d have to prostitue my body and sell my ass on the street to be able to afford this.

Pokemon

What does off label mean? It’s not a term we use in my country.

Off-label means using it for something that it was not approved for. The regulators differ between use for immunocompromised persons and non-immunocompromised persons.

It is similar to our use of amenalief, which was approved for shingles, but being used for hsv-1 and hsv-2.

While not uncommon, it does not mean that all drugs for related illnesses will work.

Edited by Pokemon
Clarification

Miss Horne
8 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

The drug has been approved for shingles, which is caused by a related herpes virus. The virus that causes shingles is a "cousin" of the one that causes genital and oral herpes. So off-label means that we are using it for something that it was not approved for. This is not uncommon but it does not mean that all drugs for related illnesses will work.

Aaaaahhh I see, thanks for the explanation :yep:

Pokemon
2 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Aaaaahhh I see, thanks for the explanation :yep:

Sorry, my previous response was based on amenalief, which was not your question. I have edited my response.

Miss Horne
1 minute ago, Pokemon said:

Sorry, my previous response was based on amenalief, which was not your question. I have edited my response.

I was going to say, Pritelivr is targeted especially for hsv isn’t it.

Man, just want this drug approved, I’d sell one of my kidneys for it :)

Pokemon
2 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

...... I’d sell one of my kidneys for it :)

I guess that most of us would

MikeHerp
1 hour ago, Miss Horne said:

I’d have to prostitue my body and sell my ass on the street to be able to afford this.

off label, as mentioned above, is use for other than one for which it was approved.  It was a approved for shingles, but some people are using it for HSV.

Of course, it requires a doctor to prescribe it off label.

Anyway, if you do sell your ass haha.... , pls send some money to Fred Hutch fund raiser ^^

Miss Horne
1 minute ago, MikeHerp said:

off label, as mentioned above, is use for other than one for which it was approved.  It was a approved for shingles, but some people are using it for HSV.

Of course, it requires a doctor to prescribe it off label.

Anyway, if you do sell your ass haha.... , pls send some money to Fred Hutch fund raiser ^^

I doubt that I’d raise much money Mike :joy:

Edited by Miss Horne