World's Largest Herpes Support Group
theguy33

Constant discomfort had HSV2 for over 2 years

theguy33

Hey guys, I got HSV2 over 2 years ago and I've almost always has some sort of discomfort almost everyday. It can be tingles, to itching, burning pain down there. Regardless, I can feel the virus living down there almost all the time. It is pretty miserable. I took valtrex for a while and it did not make any difference as the feeling of discomfort is still always there. I get outbreaks like once every 4 months or so, they have been getting less and less with time. Anyone know any remedies for this, I do take lysine whenever I have a chance to as well. This is making me miserable. 

Mountainsplease

Yeah, it doesn’t seem like Valtrex is working for me either. Ive had my first outbreak three weeks ago and I still feel this constant burning sensation around my butt. I’ve been pretty upset.

Benyamin
Posted (edited)

I guess the frequency of flaring up (the times that virus becomes active and you feel it by symptoms like shooting pain, tingling, or burning pain) will not show any difference if you take acyclovir, valtrex or not. All this medications can do is to stop a flaring up to transform into a full out break. The key point to get best function by using acyclovir or valtrex is to take them right after you felt that virus is becoming active. It can be shooting pain, tingling, burning pain or ... take medication right after you felt the virus. Considering this, it’s a good idea to always have couple of those medicines with yourself, for example in your wallet or purse. I wish it helps you guys. 

Edited by Benyamin

RainyDay2

@theguy33 I’m in the same boat as you.  Been either burning in my penis, tingling down there, and/or itching in my anus and butt area almost every day since I was exposed to HSV2 last summer.  How did you get diagnosed?  I have yet to get a diagnosis, but I’m pretty sure I have it, but my IGG was negative all the way up to 16 weeks.  I’m so tired of this everyday reminder that I’m infected with something.  It’s so damn depressing.  

jeraldpeabody

@RainyDay2 @theguy33 can totally sympathize with you. Since getting this thing in Jan this year I've had constant discomfort down there every day without fail. It's driving me nuts. I feel like I can't have sex or masturbate or anything, it's really really depressing. I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship which looking back I shouldn't have messed up, I'm now going to have to live with the fact that I may never sleep with someone ever again let alone have intimate sexual contact with someone! All I can do is wish for a therapeutic vaccine to crop up asap! 

Miss Horne
38 minutes ago, jeraldpeabody said:

@RainyDay2 @theguy33 can totally sympathize with you. Since getting this thing in Jan this year I've had constant discomfort down there every day without fail. It's driving me nuts. I feel like I can't have sex or masturbate or anything, it's really really depressing. I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship which looking back I shouldn't have messed up, I'm now going to have to live with the fact that I may never sleep with someone ever again let alone have intimate sexual contact with someone! All I can do is wish for a therapeutic vaccine to crop up asap! 

I’m in this shit boat too, would love to go into a fucking coma until they find a cure :joy:

Alicia123

I'm on Acyclovir 800mg daily. When I was on 400mg , my shooting pains were pretty frequent, they practically stopped at this new dosage. I do still get it from time to time (like right now, 4th day and counting!!) but not as frequently as before... Try a new dosage...or change meds. Last really mild OB was at the end of 2017. :)