World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
its over

New Grant For Keith Jerome

MikeHerp

Thanks for sharing.  It doesn't say the amount of the grant so I wonder whethe this is just an application or one whcih has already been approved by NIH.

They received a grant of $264,000 in 2016, apparently, to study this. 

That's good, because it means that our fund raiser could be quite relevant and helpful.  I.e., these grants are not in the millions or tens of millions of USD.

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AI117519-01A1

dont quit!17

Project start date: 2018-06-12
Project end date: 2023-05-31
Budget start date: 2018-06-12
Budget end date: 2019-05-31

For once our tax dollars at work for us. I wish it was a lot more. 

Miss Horne
13 hours ago, its over said:

Found this info. http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R01-AI132599-01A1 Really encouraging. Just wish this stuff took weeks not years to test.  

Oh man you are telling me, I’m really suffering today and there’s nothing out there to help us.

I just can’t go on like this, my crack has had enough :S

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • michelleloveyourself
      watch this maybe it will help
    • Theysaylifegoeson
      Thank you Slkxx. I want to talk to someone I trust but I am so afraid if I tell my best friend she will tell her husband, which is understandable. I completely trust her to not judge me but if her husband finds out his best friend is an ex of mine and I just don't want this to get around our group of friends. I have been lucky in the fact that the guy who gave it to me has been there for me but it isn't the same. Confiding in him is just making his own struggle more difficult as he feels terrible for what happened but he did not have any bad intentions. As it turns out finding out led to answering a lot of questions he has had about other health issues he had. So in a weird way this happening may actually help him in the long run with giving him an avenue for treatment. I don't want to pile onto his issues even though he has caused mine because at the end of the day he is a good guy who had no idea what was happening. I'm so glad you were able to talk to your friend and I truly hope the suicidal thoughts become a thing of your past. I am here if you need another ear.
    • Evaluate
      Various reasons are possible, including: genetics, immune system, triggers (e.g. stress), lack of nutrition/exercise, bad luck, etc. No one person has the exact same experience.  Have you tried antivirals?
    • 2kroc
      To hell with Notre Dame, let it stay ruined. I want herpes cured.
    • MJR
      Awesome. Congratulations, very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.