Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
silentsuffering

Newly diagnosed & heartbroken

Recommended Posts

silentsuffering

Hi, 

I’m new here just like my diagnosis with herpes. I got it off someone who I’ve known for 10 years... we always had something between us but it was always bad timing and we were just children. Everything was amazing until I found out.

I know it was him who’d given it to me as I had been tested before we had sex.

Telling him was also the hardest thing I had to face apart from knowing I have to live with this condition. My doctor believes he’s asymptomatic which means I’m the lucky one who’s caught this and has to feel these sores. And fuck sakes this is so painful.

I’m just looking for some support.. I have no one I can talk to... this is really psychologically messing with me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roja

Everything will be okay! The first days after the diagnosis are not the brightest, but it is just herpes. You are not alone!

Feel free to write me whenever you feel the need to talk :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrillah80

Everything will be fine my friend just think of it as a lil skin infection that you can get rid of..always keep ur immune system strong..take olive leaf extract apricot seeds lysine supplements manuka honey raw garlic every day if you do have a break out pomegranate extract and wait for that functional cure in the next 3 to 5 years..I just found out I got this a month ago and trust me I feel ur pain..you can't let it get u down u got to learn how to cope and fight this nasty virus..it's all in the mind..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrell
2 hours ago, silentsuffering said:

Hi, 

I’m new here just like my diagnosis with herpes. I got it off someone who I’ve known for 10 years... we always had something between us but it was always bad timing and we were just children. Everything was amazing until I found out.

I know it was him who’d given it to me as I had been tested before we had sex.

Telling him was also the hardest thing I had to face apart from knowing I have to live with this condition. My doctor believes he’s asymptomatic which means I’m the lucky one who’s caught this and has to feel these sores. And fuck sakes this is so painful.

I’m just looking for some support.. I have no one I can talk to... this is really psychologically messing with me

 

Hold on be patient we all here been in your position. If you can try to smooth the sores with salt baths. Then get on acyclovir and relax. If you believe then also thank God it’s not worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silentsuffering
57 minutes ago, Terrell said:

Hold on be patient we all here been in your position. If you can try to smooth the sores with salt baths. Then get on acyclovir and relax. If you believe then also thank God it’s not worse 

Thank you for your comforting words, it’s good to speak to people who are experiencing this without any judgement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silentsuffering
3 hours ago, Roja said:

Everything will be okay! The first days after the diagnosis are not the brightest, but it is just herpes. You are not alone!

Feel free to write me whenever you feel the need to talk :)

You have no idea how much better it feels to know you’re not alone and there are people here to help. 

I have just started Vaclovir and this is my first outbreak, do you know how long it’ll take to start working (realistically?) my doctor said 24 hours but I don’t think he knows the pain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silentsuffering
3 hours ago, Skrillah80 said:

Everything will be fine my friend just think of it as a lil skin infection that you can get rid of..always keep ur immune system strong..take olive leaf extract apricot seeds lysine supplements manuka honey raw garlic every day if you do have a break out pomegranate extract and wait for that functional cure in the next 3 to 5 years..I just found out I got this a month ago and trust me I feel ur pain..you can't let it get u down u got to learn how to cope and fight this nasty virus..it's all in the mind..

You’re put it perfectly, it’s just so confronting when they say STI and make it sound so terrible. I feel like no one will want to touch me, I look down there and want to cry!

I was reading about the cure and I really hope it comes quickly.

It helps when you have people that understand, thank you for taking the time to make me feel better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roja
4 hours ago, silentsuffering said:

You have no idea how much better it feels to know you’re not alone and there are people here to help. 

I have just started Vaclovir and this is my first outbreak, do you know how long it’ll take to start working (realistically?) my doctor said 24 hours but I don’t think he knows the pain!

I think it depends on your body, but I would say between 3-5 days. Take some Ibuprofen or similar if the pain is too strong. 

Get well soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrillah80
6 hours ago, silentsuffering said:

You’re put it perfectly, it’s just so confronting when they say STI and make it sound so terrible. I feel like no one will want to touch me, I look down there and want to cry!

I was reading about the cure and I really hope it comes quickly.

It helps when you have people that understand, thank you for taking the time to make me feel better

Your welcome sweetheart..where are you from? Do you want to be FB buddies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • Mountainsplease
      By Mountainsplease
      I have noticed that I now have chronic constipation after my primary outbreak. Scientists have found a link to it. Has anyone else had this issue? Treatments?
    • silentsuffering
      By silentsuffering
      Hi everyone! 
      Earlier this week I saw my doctor as I was experiencing some discomfort in my genital area... long story short I had unprotected sex, my doctor or did a physical examination and believed it is herpes. 
      I received a call today advising that my blood came back negative for all STD’s and the sexual contact was made over 10 days ago. Rash is sores are still fresh.
      From what I’ve read false negatives do occur but that’s usually if the rash isn’t active...
      He put me on Valaciclovir on Monday (it’s now Thursday) and it appears to be getting worse. I am sceptical that I do have herpes even with a negative blood test, he wants me to have another test done in a month to be sure however what else could this be?
      Sorry for the graphic image too..

    • sub16610
      By sub16610
      I'm really desperated, I've been visiting three different doctors and they didn't help me at all. Here is my story.
      I'm a 30 years old male in good physical and medical condition. Healthy and sporty lifestyle.
      - April 2018 : One-month holiday trip, including a lot of protected and unprotected sex with stranger girls.
      - May 2018 : Back home. I'm noticing redness on the glans and the foreskin of my penis, a few spots under the corona, and my glans looking wrinkled, very dry, and the foreskin looking like "sticky" when retracting the foreskin. I've been thinking about a fungal balanitis, so I've been applying Econazole, without any amelioration. Decided to get tested for HIV, IST, and HSV 1/2. Everything came negative, except HSV1 IgG Positive (IgM 0.70) - so pretty much an old infection. Showed my glans to Generalist Practician who said it looks normal, advises to avoid any chemical, soap, or whatever. I feel pretty much tired all the time, coffee won't help - but I don't feel pain. Tiredness could be related to pollen allergy - I've been tested with a very high IgE.
      - June 2018 : Things didn't improve. Exactly the same. Very intense redness after sex, that last up to a week. Decided to go to a dermatologist - even if I showed photos where the redness and the spots are really noticeable, she says she doesn't know, but it doesn't look like herpes to her. She told me to do nothing, avoid chemical and treatments, things should come back in order as nothing has been diagnosed by blood test.
      - November 2018 : After another rash/redness episode, went to an urologist. He said my glans and foreskin look normal. The reaction of these 3 doctors to my problem is absolutely incredible. My penis looks completely sick, I told them it has never been like this, and they say it look normal - I don't understand anything. I tried Fusidic Acid cream (antibiotic) without success. Then, I tried antifugal cream again, no result. Foreskin still stick when retracting. I'm beggining thinking about a rare genital HSV1, which outbreaks could be caused by rough sex. Here are some pictures of how my penis was looking at that time.
       
      - December 2018 : Had another blood test. HSV1 still positive, HSV2 still negative, HSV1/2 IgM now in gray zone.
      - January 2019 : Since a few days I have the most impressive outbreak I've never had. My glans and foreskin are now covered with red spots. I still don't feel pain - at most a little itchy - but my eyes are blood shot/pink. I don't really feel tired. Yesterday I ran to the pharmacy to buy Valaciclovir - I'm taking 500mg in the morning, 500mg in the evening.
       
       
      It's been now 8 months I'm dealing with that, and I still don't know what I'm fighting against. As you can guess, it's very hard for me, psychologically. 
      I'm avoiding having sex and when I do, of course I use protection. Since this last outbreak that really looks terrible, I wouldn't even dare have sex. I'm ashamed, feeling guilty, and it seems like doctors won't help me. 
      My only hope is this forum.
      What is your opinion ? Do you think it looks like an HSV1 outbreak ? If not, what could it be ?
      Thanks in advance.
    • Jelly334
      By Jelly334
      Shaved with old clippers 3 weeks ago not sure if this is infected hair follicles or a herpes ob it only becomes irrated some after masturbation plz help 
       

      I’m a male btw
  • Trending Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,098
    • Total Posts
      463,444
  • Posts

    • Voyager2
      I'm glad I donated and will do so again when it hits $10,000, as you will, Mike. If anybody doubts what the Jerome group is trying to do, the report from Vail, CO in May 2018 makes it crystal clear. Their goal is to disable the virus and render it incapable of reactivating from latency, which is exactly what we want, and they are up to about 20% to 30% successful, which is SOLID progress.
    • Aurora444
      Do herpes leave scar? I had 3 blisters on my eye forehead, my aunt said it was herpes. But  hinsi naman sya nagtingle at masakit. At ngayon nag scar na sya sa may eyebrow ko. Nilalagyan ko na lang nang eyeliner para hindi halata. 
    • Aurora444
      Im here.. i have scars on my eyebrows and eye forehead. I am scaref it is caused by herpes. But herpes daw rarely leaves  scar
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help  
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.