World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Aubrey77
      Thank you 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Aubrey77 these symptoms are not something that oral HSV-1 can cause. In the end herpes would do what it does best and this is cause a sore somewhere on the lips . It might tingle a little as it forms, be inconvenient as it blisters and then crust as it heals and all look a little unsightly. But that’s herpes.    No reason to disbelieve your doctors thoughts on your issues.
    • Aubrey77
      Any feed back is welcome. I get these small bumps inside my right cheek. They do not hurt or burst. They just come and go. I showed them to doctors and the say they come up with stress and foods. Problem is I have pain and muscle spasms down right arm and in legs. Are these all ongoing issues for getting virus? I am not sure was going on with my body anymore 
    • Runner278
      Update: met with PCP Friday to get a referral to neurologist. During the discussion he discussed my low white blood cell count from a test I took in February. My count is/was 3.61. I asked him if that could be contributing to slow development of antibodies. He didn’t really react to it much. With that said, I did take another IGG test Friday which came back negative. I’m at week 12 post suppressive therapy and week 14 total without taking AVs. I emailed Terri Warren to see if she feels I need to wait longer to take the western blot to allow my WBC to increase and/or allow antibodies to develop. I want to use the WB as the final step in my testing journey and I don’t want to have to question the results.    Anyone have any experience or knowledge of someone with low/lower WBC and how long it took them to seroconvert?
    • asdfz
      Does anyone know what the side effects of pritelivir are?  Has anyone on this site actually tried it? 
Sign in to follow this  
KG303

Can someone explain this to me? Question about HSV and HIV

KG303

Hey guys. Like we already know, HIV + people have much better treatment than we do for herpes. I read as much as I can about both conditions so I can stay educated. 

Im really excited about pritelivir and I really hope it will be available for us who aren’t immunocompromised so it can serve as a functional cure along with Valtrex. Fingers crossed that it will so disclosure will go by easily. I know no one knows for sure yet if it will lead to us not having disclose anymore. 

Anywho, I have a question about HIV. Everything I read says that there is no cure for it. But I think they are getting closer which is exciting. Why do people say there is no cure for HIV when the medications seem to provide a functional cure? If you take them as directed, your levels of the virus are undetectable and therefore make it unable to transmit. I really hope pritelivir can do that for HSV. I just don’t understand why HIV is not labeled as being able to be functionally cured. When we talk about HSV and new medications that are being developed we always use the word “functional cure” even though we aren’t sure of it yet. Just a stupid question. If anyone can answer this, I would appreciate it bunches. 

WilsoInAus

I'd suggest functional cure is not a global term but something that assists conversations on this website and other forums regarding HSV.

As you suggest, when it comes to HIV there is a different set of considerations and terminology. The term 'undetectable' is very real and the implications are being actively discussed and tested. The term 'undetectable' carries many of the themes we mean when discussing functional cure for HSV.

A very live issue for example is, given the emerging evidence that transmission does not occur when the HIV viral load is undetectable, whether disclosure is required as there is no risk to disclose.

KG303
3 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

I'd suggest functional cure is not a global term but something that assists conversations on this website and other forums regarding HSV.

As you suggest, when it comes to HIV there is a different set of considerations and terminology. The term 'undetectable' is very real and the implications are being actively discussed and tested. The term 'undetectable' carries many of the themes we mean when discussing functional cure for HSV.

A very live issue for example is, given the emerging evidence that transmission does not occur when the HIV viral load is undetectable, whether disclosure is required as there is no risk to disclose.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. It always confused me so much when I read about HIV and seen that medications make it unable to transmit to others and I always wondered why scientists didn’t say there’s a functional cure for it.