World's Largest Herpes Support Group
silentsuffering

Apparently now not herpes?? (Photo attached)

silentsuffering

Hi everyone! 

Earlier this week I saw my doctor as I was experiencing some discomfort in my genital area... long story short I had unprotected sex, my doctor or did a physical examination and believed it is herpes. 

I received a call today advising that my blood came back negative for all STD’s and the sexual contact was made over 10 days ago. Rash is sores are still fresh.

From what I’ve read false negatives do occur but that’s usually if the rash isn’t active...

He put me on Valaciclovir on Monday (it’s now Thursday) and it appears to be getting worse. I am sceptical that I do have herpes even with a negative blood test, he wants me to have another test done in a month to be sure however what else could this be?

Sorry for the graphic image too..

CEBE210F-6FEC-4C64-AA8F-90E579F28F5B.jpeg

Rarala

Why didn’t they do a swab of the sores for you thts wat I had done 

Piyush
15 hours ago, silentsuffering said:

Hi everyone! 

Earlier this week I saw my doctor as I was experiencing some discomfort in my genital area... long story short I had unprotected sex, my doctor or did a physical examination and believed it is herpes. 

I received a call today advising that my blood came back negative for all STD’s and the sexual contact was made over 10 days ago. Rash is sores are still fresh.

From what I’ve read false negatives do occur but that’s usually if the rash isn’t active...

He put me on Valaciclovir on Monday (it’s now Thursday) and it appears to be getting worse. I am sceptical that I do have herpes even with a negative blood test, he wants me to have another test done in a month to be sure however what else could this be?

Yes highly looks like hsv 2 to me..tested 10 days after encounter will not give you the correct result..wait atleast 14 to 16 week to get the confirmed report.

Note : no one is Dr.here seek a good std Dr.to find out the actual cause.Get well soon .

Newone2
16 hours ago, silentsuffering said:

Hi everyone! 

Was this accompanied by swollen  lymph nodes in the groin? Also, does it burn when you pee? If it is a new infection your blood work will not be accurate because your body hasn't built up  enough antibodies for a positive test. I was igg tested three days into my primary infection and tested negative but took a swab two days later and tested positive for hsv1. I highly recommend you get a swab type  specific test done ASAP if the lesions are still present. Did your partner have a history of “cold sores” and preform oral on you?

Ladyb2018

Could def be Hsv same thing happened to me but I got blood and swabbed. The blood came back negative and 2 weeks later the swab said positive for type 1. So that’s typical of you get a blood test too early. Also, this looks pretty painful I would def get it swabbed because it appears like type 2 . Did you have any other symptoms ? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mountainsplease
      By Mountainsplease
      I have noticed that I now have chronic constipation after my primary outbreak. Scientists have found a link to it. Has anyone else had this issue? Treatments?
    • silentsuffering
      By silentsuffering
      Hi, 
      I’m new here just like my diagnosis with herpes. I got it off someone who I’ve known for 10 years... we always had something between us but it was always bad timing and we were just children. Everything was amazing until I found out.
      I know it was him who’d given it to me as I had been tested before we had sex.
      Telling him was also the hardest thing I had to face apart from knowing I have to live with this condition. My doctor believes he’s asymptomatic which means I’m the lucky one who’s caught this and has to feel these sores. And fuck sakes this is so painful.
      I’m just looking for some support.. I have no one I can talk to... this is really psychologically messing with me

• Jelly334
      By Jelly334
      Shaved with old clippers 3 weeks ago not sure if this is infected hair follicles or a herpes ob it only becomes irrated some after masturbation plz help 

I’m a male btw
    • Teacup27
      By Teacup27
      Hi guys,
      I joined late 2014 when I had an outbreak of what was diagnosed clinically as herpes but tests came back negative. I had a horrendous fever for two week with huge  painful ulcerated craters in my vagina. The first doctor told me I had syphilis!  Then I went to a sexual health clinic where she said it was incredibly bad herpes.  The whole thing was awful and nothing relieved the symptoms until the ulcers cleared up completely which took around a month. As I said the tests came back negative.
      Now four years later, almost exactly to the day weirdly enough I’ve noticed a white head looking lump (like a pea) inside my labia. This is how it appeared before but there were more of them and then they turned into huge craters.
      Basically I just want to know is a four year gap between outbreaks typical and do the symptoms sound like herpes? I tried to keep it brief so it wasn’t too boring to read ha!

thanks guys 
    • Gemini312
      By Gemini312
      Okay so im gonna go in depth about everything because the last time i posted i guess i wasn't as specific as i could've been. Okay so. September 8th, i was down in the dumps. I'm not asking for sympathy but i did sleep with a guy that I knew id never see again for the whatevers of it, using sex as an escape, which was pretty stupid but we can't all make bright choices, anyway in early october i got an almost zit like bump on my lip. And i popped it. After freaking out of course. And it oozed a little pus but shortly after there was some clear fluids, they kinda slowly oozed until it healed. It didn't tingle showing up? But after like a week it was Beale but another showed up on the other side, and when i stretched my lip, neither were on my lip directly. I tried my hardest not to be bothered, but like everyone when they're afraid they have a std-sti they freak out. I only truly freaked out because i googled symptoms, and the one that caught me was clear fluid and burning, it didn't burn until i popped it tho, and it was only momentarily, and i tried to assume it was my makeup that was causing it because after they were both healed. I did my makeup and boom. Another one. So after that one healed. I stopped doing my makeup, and i made it a while without anything showing up until mid November, i was shocked to find that it still happened after i stopped doing my makeup, eventually, after it got worse and i had multiple sores on my face i went to the doctors. And they diagnosed it as folliculitis, but these particular bumps weren't oozing clear liquid. They were just ugly and made me completely self conscious when i went to school, because i knew my class could see them, college btw. But anyways i started applying what the doctor prescribed and bam, they were gone, the doctor even told me it  couldn't be herpes bc of the time frame. Everything was going good up until recently i got another bump, and ofc it was at the edge band of my lip, but the way it formed was odd. It moreso was an underskin bump that peeled instead of popping and it eventually went away, and then another showed up and i picked at it bc it bugged me and it eventually became a scab. And when I picked it, it oozed clear liquid, which has been freaking me out, and it doesn't stop immediately, and none of the bumps that show up ever look like blisters, and aren't immediately fluid filled, and honestly I've had my life kind of on hold, restraining from going on dates, and meeting some really great people, and making new friends for the simple fact that im a very affectionate person, i like kisses, and if im dating someone, im gonna wanna kiss them, if im friends with someone, we playfully taste each other's drinks, I haven't done so in a while but there's tons of things I like to do with friends, so if i were to have herpes, id pass it on and hate myself like i hate the guy who could've possibly given it to me, I've been none stop panicking and honestly, at this point i just need some guidance, a friend, and just someone because i don't know what to think, i wanna go to the hospital again but im terrified, worst always comes to worst, and itd be even worse when i start my esthiology unit for makeup and skincare, we thoroughly touch each others faces, and wash, oil, and etc. Who's gonna wanna touch my face with odd bumps, scabs, etc? 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Voyager2
      I'm glad I donated and will do so again when it hits $10,000, as you will, Mike. If anybody doubts what the Jerome group is trying to do, the report from Vail, CO in May 2018 makes it crystal clear. Their goal is to disable the virus and render it incapable of reactivating from latency, which is exactly what we want, and they are up to about 20% to 30% successful, which is SOLID progress.
    • Aurora444
      Do herpes leave scar? I had 3 blisters on my eye forehead, my aunt said it was herpes. But  hinsi naman sya nagtingle at masakit. At ngayon nag scar na sya sa may eyebrow ko. Nilalagyan ko na lang nang eyeliner para hindi halata. 
    • Aurora444
      Im here.. i have scars on my eyebrows and eye forehead. I am scaref it is caused by herpes. But herpes daw rarely leaves  scar
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help  
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.