World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tiffannybrown

Im miserable, any help would be appreciated

tiffannybrown

I had my first my first outbreak on December 24. Immediately was diagnosed with GHSV 1 (by blood test, and culture, and the guy that gave it to me tested positive for HSV1 too). I know its 1 because i later found out he had a coldsore in his nose when he gave me oral. 

I was put on 10 days of valtrex, my outbreak (which was small) cleared up by day 9 of meds. Throughout the meds, and after i got off the meds i have been experiecing prodome symptoms but no breakout. 

Last night i found a tear on the inside of my labia, which i thought may be an outbreak so today i doubled up on L-lysine and also took 1 gram of valtrex

Today i am experiencing prodome symptoms again. I am so confused- i feel like i have no clue if this is an outbreak or not, but i do not know why there would be a tear on the inside of my vagina, and i do not know why i would be experiencing prodome symptoms for this long. 

I am now driving myself crazy, why would i get 2 outbreaks back to back with HSV1? I thought i had a fairly good immune system, but from everything i read this seems really unusual. 

T9000
5 hours ago, tiffannybrown said:

Today i am experiencing prodome symptoms again. I am so confused- i feel like i have no clue if this is an outbreak or not, but i do not know why there would be a tear on the inside of my vagina, and i do not know why i would be experiencing prodome symptoms for this long. 

This is an atypical symptom of herpes that people usually refer to as "papercut herpes". I also have a tear at the bottom of my vagina right now as well. If you google the term you can find people who also experience these symptoms, some of which only experience these symptoms. As for why it sometimes presents itself this way, I don't know, it might have to do how with much and how long it's replicating in that particular spot. Unfortunately I don't think there's been much research done on atypical symptoms. There's a huge emphasis on the idea that herpes means fluid-filled blisters. Personally I've only ever had one or two of the "classic" looking blisters. I've also never had identifiable prodrome symptoms before a blister besides itching. 

5 hours ago, tiffannybrown said:

I am now driving myself crazy, why would i get 2 outbreaks back to back with HSV1? I thought i had a fairly good immune system, but from everything i read this seems really unusual. 

Once again I think there's too much of an emphasis on the idea that everyone has regular outbreaks and classic symptoms. I only had one initial, obvious outbreak with ghsv1, but following that I had symptoms on my butt, and more-or-less constant pain in my vagina for the first 6 months or so, as well as random blisters here and there. The virus is constantly trying to replicate, and it takes a few months for the body to build up fully protective antibodies, so it makes sense that some people would have pretty frequent symptoms in the first year or so of the infection. I'm skeptical of the idea that people with otherwise great immune systems are suddenly unhealthy because they have highly active infections. Fighting a frequently active, lifelong infection from arguably the smartest human virus in existence is a very unique position for your body to be in. Some people probably have genes that make it easier or harder for their bodies to handle the infection, and some people probably contract milder strains, while some contract more severe ones.

tiffannybrown
24 minutes ago, T9000 said:

This is an atypical symptom of herpes that people usually refer to as "papercut herpes". I also have a tear at the bottom of my vagina right now as well. If you google the term you can find people who also experience these symptoms, some of which only experience these symptoms. As for why it sometimes presents itself this way, I don't know, it might have to do how with much and how long it's replicating in that particular spot. Unfortunately I don't think there's been much research done on atypical symptoms. There's a huge emphasis on the idea that herpes means fluid-filled blisters. Personally I've only ever had one or two of the "classic" looking blisters. I've also never had identifiable prodrome symptoms before a blister besides itching. 

Once again I think there's too much of an emphasis on the idea that everyone has regular outbreaks and classic symptoms. I only had one initial, obvious outbreak with ghsv1, but following that I had symptoms on my butt, and more-or-less constant pain in my vagina for the first 6 months or so, as well as random blisters here and there. The virus is constantly trying to replicate, and it takes a few months for the body to build up fully protective antibodies, so it makes sense that some people would have pretty frequent symptoms in the first year or so of the infection. I'm skeptical of the idea that people with otherwise great immune systems are suddenly unhealthy because they have highly active infections. Fighting a frequently active, lifelong infection from arguably the smartest human virus in existence is a very unique position for your body to be in. Some people probably have genes that make it easier or harder for their bodies to handle the infection, and some people probably contract milder strains, while some contract more severe ones.

Thanks for this. You're right. I need to remember everyone is different and my body is going through a lot. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, ill try to stay here for a moment. 

T9000
1 hour ago, tiffannybrown said:

Thanks for this. You're right. I need to remember everyone is different and my body is going through a lot. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, ill try to stay here for a moment. 

No problem! If your symptoms are distracting or distressing, then you might consider going on the meds suppressively and seeing where your body is 6 months or a year from now.