World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Tayyy

Can staph/follilulitis turn to a herpes blister or outbreak?

Tayyy

Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 

RNY18

No.

It doesn’t “turn into” HSV.

Get tested.

Tayyy

Is this concerning? And I am getting tested as soon as possible.

Pokemon
8 minutes ago, Tayyy said:

Is this concerning? And I am getting tested as soon as possible.

Please get tested. Do a search on this site for information on the proper test to get.

Just as going bald does not turn to athlete's foot,  folliculitis does not turn to herpes.

Tayyy

Does this sound like herpes?? And would the boil become infected with the hsv virus? 

Tayyy
2 hours ago, Tayyy said:

Does this sound like herpes?? And would the boil become infected with the hsv virus? 

@Pokemon

floydmonk

I can tell you during my initial outbreak I had a very severe complication of folliculitis in my groin area. Months after I continued to have folliculitis in obscure places like my armpit, leg and face.

I believe the initial hit to the immune system can make you more susceptible to bacterial infections. Other than that, to your question “Can foliculitis turn into HSV”, the answer is “No”, not on it’s own. 

Pokemon
7 hours ago, Tayyy said:

I'm not a doctor and unable to say....sorry.

Tayyy
On 1/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, Tayyy said:

@WilsoInAus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
    • TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
    • YellowFish
      By YellowFish
      I was just recently diagnosed with HSV1 but the outbreak is on my vagina and I do not have any cold sores on my mouth.  I thought it was ok to kiss the man I've been dating and give him oral since I don't have any sores on my mouth.  But now both he and I are panicking that I may have passed it to him unknowingly.  What exactly is the risk?  What should I do?  What should he do?  I just started taking the medication today and we were kissing last night.  I feel so stupid for not knowing it could still present a risk.  
    • imtryingmybest
      By imtryingmybest
      Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 
    • lilyray123
      By lilyray123
      So i thought i had genital herpes and i still might, my doctor said i did but my blood test came back negative. i had all the symptoms and have been taking the medicine and feel much better. but now idk what to do. so i’m not going to know my results for a little while because of the swab and the person i’m alsmot positive gave it to me is my boyfriend of 3 months. there’s no way i could’ve got it anyway else on my genatils. but i don’t know what can cause what meaning can i have oral sex with him? i wouldn’t let me to me but i would to him and i’m confused if i should or not 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.