World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Tayyy

Can staph/follilulitis turn to a herpes blister or outbreak?

Tayyy

Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 

Tayyy

Is this concerning? And I am getting tested as soon as possible.

Pokemon
8 minutes ago, Tayyy said:

Is this concerning? And I am getting tested as soon as possible.

Please get tested. Do a search on this site for information on the proper test to get.

Just as going bald does not turn to athlete's foot,  folliculitis does not turn to herpes.

Tayyy

Does this sound like herpes?? And would the boil become infected with the hsv virus? 

Tayyy
2 hours ago, Tayyy said:

Does this sound like herpes?? And would the boil become infected with the hsv virus? 

@Pokemon

floydmonk

I can tell you during my initial outbreak I had a very severe complication of folliculitis in my groin area. Months after I continued to have folliculitis in obscure places like my armpit, leg and face.

I believe the initial hit to the immune system can make you more susceptible to bacterial infections. Other than that, to your question “Can foliculitis turn into HSV”, the answer is “No”, not on it’s own. 

Pokemon
7 hours ago, Tayyy said:

I'm not a doctor and unable to say....sorry.

Tayyy
On 1/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, Tayyy said:

@WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Tayyy said:

@WilsoInAus Can you please review this thread? 

Only testing will help you understand your herpes status.

Tayyy
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Only testing will help you understand your herpes status.

kay, but does the description sound herpes related?

Edited by Tayyy

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Tayyy said:

Okay, but does the description sound herpes related?

I suggest what you describe is complety independent of your herpes status and is no indicator at all.