World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Bigtime

Squarex cream, compound already available online?

Bigtime

I read the thread on the Squarex cream and watched the video posted there. In that video the Squarex representative states that the cream is a known compound that he tried on himself for frequent oral outbreaks. With a little digging i found two Squarex sponsored studies for a cream for hsv-1 of a compound that is already available to buy through online pharmacies. SADBE or Squaric Acid Dibutyl Ester. Can someone with more knowledge on this check out these two studies and give their two cents whether this is the same compound the Squarex cream discussed in the video from the biotech conference earlier this month?

Heres the video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSUe-rfqCk

And here are the studies

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03661541

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03521479

Thoughts?

VladimirM
On 1/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Bigtime said:

I read the thread on the Squarex cream and watched the video posted there. In that video the Squarex representative states that the cream is a known compound that he tried on himself for frequent oral outbreaks. With a little digging i found two Squarex sponsored studies for a cream for hsv-1 of a compound that is already available to buy through online pharmacies. SADBE or Squaric Acid Dibutyl Ester. Can someone with more knowledge on this check out these two studies and give their two cents whether this is the same compound the Squarex cream discussed in the video from the biotech conference earlier this month?

Heres the video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSUe-rfqCk

And here are the studies

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03521479

Thoughts?

You can buy SADBE (Squaric Acid Dibutyl Ester) now. Although not intended for HSV, it is essentially the same compound in essence. I bought it for my HSV. And he works great.

https://www.enbipharma.com/en/sadbeforte

Edited by VladimirM

MikeHerp

ok, but it clearly says in the clinical trail info that it's suspended.  

Recruitment Status  : Suspended (More delayed type hypersensitivity responses (DTH) observed than anticipated.)

First Posted  : May 10, 2018
Last Update Posted  : August 3, 2018

VladimirM
9 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

ok, but it clearly says in the clinical trail info that it's suspended.  

Recruitment Status  : Suspended (More delayed type hypersensitivity responses (DTH) observed than anticipated.)

First Posted  : May 10, 2018
Last Update Posted  : August 3, 2018

There is another study.

It appears that the application on the face is suspended, but the application to the upper part of the arm is completed.

MikeHerp

that's good 

Bigtime
On 1/22/2019 at 4:20 AM, VladimirM said:

You can buy SADBE (Squaric Acid Dibutyl Ester) now. Although not intended for HSV, it is essentially the same compound in essence. I bought it for my HSV. And he works great.

https://www.enbipharma.com/en/sadbeforte

I have bought some from this website aswell. It just arrived today. How do you use it? How much and how often? And where do you apply It?

Thanks

VladimirM
11 hours ago, Bigtime said:

I have bought some from this website aswell. It just arrived today. How do you use it? How much and how often? And where do you apply It?

Thanks

I use it every 1.5 days. but I recommend you use it every 2-3 days.

It is possible that you will have more OB during this treatment than usual.

Note... that results can only be seen when you stop therapy for a week.

I apply SADBE to a part of the body where I usually have an OB and a tingling sensation. If it is a sensitive part of the body as a genitalia that can not be applied, then I apply to the closest possible part of body that it is not so sensitive part.

Probably one bottle will not be enough. For successful therapy it takes 4-8 bottles. The time for therapy lasts from 4-8 months if applied every 1-3 days.

It's likely that you will feel weaker than usual when you apply a solution. Understand the application is as a mini vaccination.

Respect the instruction manual.

Edited by VladimirM

luckybell

I was a participant in the original study last year.  A patch was applied to my inner arm.  It was left in place for about 10 minutes and then removed.  This was done 3 times throughout the duration of the study. I can't remember the intervals - maybe every month. It was also a 2% solution.  It worked really well for me.  I had an outbreak about 1 week after the first patch application but then not again for about a year.  Now, I have had two outbreaks in two weeks so I feel desperate to try the vaccine again.  I don't think I would apply it anywhere other than the arm since that is where it was effective in the trials.

VladimirM
2 hours ago, luckybell said:

I was a participant in the original study last year.  A patch was applied to my inner arm.  It was left in place for about 10 minutes and then removed.  This was done 3 times throughout the duration of the study. I can't remember the intervals - maybe every month. It was also a 2% solution.  It worked really well for me.  I had an outbreak about 1 week after the first patch application but then not again for about a year.  Now, I have had two outbreaks in two weeks so I feel desperate to try the vaccine again.  I don't think I would apply it anywhere other than the arm since that is where it was effective in the trials.

Maybe it was a placebo. Maybe you were in a placebo group. :)

Tired of waiting

SquareX released this today, looks promising,

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/squarex-announces-publication-of-clinical-results-for-sqx770-for-the-prevention-of-herpes-outbreaks-in-immunity-inflammation-and-disease-300795658.html

ST. PAUL, Minn., Feb. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Squarex, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing a topical immunomodulator for the long-term prevention of recurrent cold sores, today announced the publication of clinical data from a clinical trial of SQX770 in patients with frequent, infrequent, or zero herpes labialis (cold sore) outbreaks per year. The study, titled, "Immune characteristics correlating with HSV-1 immune control and effect of squaric acid dibutyl ester on immune characteristics of subjects with frequent herpes labialis episodes," by McTavish, Zerebiec, et al. has been published in the peer-reviewed journal Immunity, Inflammation and Disease.

The study characterized the immune-related gene expression levels in subjects with good versus poor control of HSV-1 infection (i.e., those with zero or few cold sore outbreaks compared to those with greater than six outbreaks per year) and found that good immune control of HSV-1 correlated with a particular immune-related gene signature.  Specifically, these patients exhibited higher expression of interferon-gamma (IFNG) and five other immune-related genes (P < 0.05 for each) and lower expression of interleukin 5 (IL5) and two other immune-related genes (P < 0.05 for each) in immune cells (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) stimulated with HSV-1 virus. Furthermore, it was found that a single topical application of squaric acid dibutyl ester (SADBE; Squarex's lead product candidate SQX770) changed the gene signature in subjects with frequent cold sore outbreaks to be more in line with that of subjects with fewer outbreaks, signaling an improved immune response to HSV-1. It also found that patients with good control of HSV-1 infection had higher immune cell proliferation in response to an HSV-1 challenge, and that SADBE treatment improved immune cell proliferation in subjects with poor control of HSV-1.

Founder and President of Squarex, Hugh McTavish, Ph.D., said, "As a frequent cold sore sufferer, I was desperate to find something that would help prevent outbreaks from reoccurring. Currently, there is no FDA-cleared treatment for delaying or preventing cold sore outbreaks. These results, which highlight the positive effect of SQX770 on immune control of HSV-1, combined with our placebo-controlled Phase 1/2 study that showed SQX770 is safe and effective and tripled the time to next cold sore outbreak, are highly encouraging.  We look forward to starting our pivotal trials and to sharing those results with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

About Squarex
Squarex is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing a topical formulation of the immunomodulator squaric acid dibutyl ester (SQX770) for the prevention of recurrent cold sores (herpes labialis) and other infections caused by Herpes Simplex Viruses. Its Phase 1/2 placebo-controlled clinical trial showed the drug was safe and effective in preventing cold sore outbreaks, tripling the time to next cold sore outbreak from 40 days to more than 120. When FDA approved, SQX770 would be the first and only drug on the market to prevent cold sore outbreaks in the more than 2% of the U.S. population with greater than six outbreaks per year.

Contacts:

Tiberend Strategic Advisors, Inc. 
Brian Pinkston (Investors)
bpinkston@tiberend.com
(212) 375-6298

David Schemelia (Media) 
dschemelia@tiberend.com 
(212) 375-2686

SOURCE Squarex

Edited by Tired of waiting