World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bluebell87

constantly feel contagious :(

bluebell87

i’ve tried to educate myself as much as i can about this virus and shedding / transmission rates but sometimes i feel like there is so much information and some goes against what the other is saying and i feel like my brain has so many questions and it may just explode :weary:  i just feel like i am constantly shedding or infectious, i notice every single tingle down there now and freak out incase i am shedding or about to have an OB (i seem to get a mild obaround my period ) i don’t think i’ve gone longer than 2 weeks since  getting this in sept, i read that shedding occurs 30-40% within the first 6 months (i have hsv2) but then i read that shedding was less than that per year, also i read that there needs to be millions of copies of the virus present on the skin for transmission, shedding may not always cause millions of copies... is this correct? also i somtimes notice an itchyness right on the vagina opening , does this mean i could be shedding it from this place? i also read that you can shed anywhere in the boxer short region, so does that mean i’m contagious in that area too  

sorry a bit of a rant my brain is going into overdrive today 

any advice on these topics would be really appreciated :) 

tiffannybrown

I understand how you feel, there is so much information out there, its exhausting. I feel like we are in such a bad boat of having to inform ourselves on this virus (because no one else is), but also not driving ourselves crazy with being internet doctors. 

Are you concerned about transmitting the virus to yourself? If thats the case, i would just toss that worry out the window. The chances of autoinnoculuation especially at the 6 month mark are basically negligible. Plus the only thing you can do to prevent that is wash your hands and be careful about handling your open sores. Sitting around and worrying about autoinnoculation is not going to make it any less likely that you autoinnoculate. 

I think its importannt to remind yourself how new you are with this virus. Things will get better with time, you will figure it out. You are not going to be two years into having this virus and still worrying about autoinnoculation, you will come to terms with it, learn how to respond to your body, and it will be a new normal. 

bluebell87

that’s for your reply! i know it’s hard not to let your thoughts get carried away! i’m worried about transmitting it to a potential partner it’s jist a lot to try and keep on top , and i just want to have all the correct facts for when i have to disclose.. yeah i am hoping that in time it settles down but i really do think hormonal changes during my period is my main trigger! 

theguy33

perhaps you should find a parter with hsv already, have you tried dating apps?

bluebell87

nah, i downloaded an app for a day but there wasn’t anyone in my area, i’m not from a small town or anything .

im not really a fan tbh