World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Kurdt01

My Amenalief Experience

Kurdt01

Amenalief 1/8/19-1/21/19

It’s works, it’s not perfect but it works. I took it for 2 weeks daily, usually just 1 -100mg tab (200mg split in two with a pill splitter)…some days I felt great, some days I could feel burning which could last from several minutes to several hours….any physical sensation at site was completely ameliorated…no itching/pinching/feeling of something just below surface…all gone…

This is something I would def keep on hand and experiment with dosage…No real side effects other than maybe a little dry skin…but it’s also winter so it could be that. There is also the potential that it lowers viral load over time too, so who knows....taken long enough it could have some very lasting effects.

Overall....if you're having a hard time with HSV and can swing it I would def order a box and see how it goes....just knowing something exists and is available that works could give you great peace of mind.

Goran123

I can agree with you, I started with this about 2 months ago, OB free... 100mg a day just like you. My skin start to heal in a proper way. I plan to cut my intake of Amenalief to 200mg a week, in a month to see if the effect is the same (half a pill twice a week.) It is  very costly, so if that works it will be less of a financial burden.

The only side effect I had was that I was getting moody and emotional some times without any reason, kind of like the same way you feel when you stop smoking, if you know what I mean. But that feeling is not constant only 2-3 times a week. I don't know for sure if that comes from the medicine, but I think so. But it is not a biggie.

I also notice that all my tingling feeling on my skin was gone after the first month, so that means that the shredding is lower? Maybe I can start dating again soon without the feeling that I might give this virus to someone just by touching them.

Lulupazoola

Anyone know anything about potential side effects?

Goran123
On 1/22/2019 at 12:07 AM, Goran123 said:

I can agree with you, I started with this about 2 months ago, OB free... 100mg a day just like you. My skin start to heal in a proper way. I plan to cut my intake of Amenalief to 200mg a week, in a month to see if the effect is the same (half a pill twice a week.) It is  very costly, so if that works it will be less of a financial burden.

The only side effect I had was that I was getting moody and emotional some times without any reason, kind of like the same way you feel when you stop smoking, if you know what I mean. But that feeling is not constant only 2-3 times a week. I don't know for sure if that comes from the medicine, but I think so. But it is not a biggie.

I also notice that all my tingling feeling on my skin was gone after the first month, so that means that the shredding is lower? Maybe I can start dating again soon without the feeling that I might give this virus to someone just by touching them.

Bad news....I was very confident about this. So I tried eating chocolate and ice cream yesterday. This was my super trigger regarding OB's before. So I have not eaten it in almost a year. I eat quite a lot of chocolate, probably 200 grams, and a few scoops of ice cream. Today I woke up with 2 blisters on my left butt and one on the right. very painful. So my conclusion is that this is the best remedy I have ever tried, but it is not perfect. Dam

tayelle
10 hours ago, Goran123 said:

Bad news....I was very confident about this. So I tried eating chocolate and ice cream yesterday. This was my super trigger regarding OB's before. So I have not eaten it in almost a year. I eat quite a lot of chocolate, probably 200 grams, and a few scoops of ice cream. Today I woke up with 2 blisters on my left butt and one on the right. very painful. So my conclusion is that this is the best remedy I have ever tried, but it is not perfect. Dam

Were you still talking it daily or were fading off of it

Goran123
7 hours ago, tayelle said:

Were you still talking it daily or were fading off of it

Still taking it daily.

Lulupazoola
On 1/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, RNY18 said:

Why isn’t this available in the US yet ?

Good question.  Why isnt ANYTHING new available in the US is another popular question.  All the antivirals available here r old, and they dont work for a lot of us.  It all comes down to money/funding.  I remember herpes first coming out in the news...not sure exactly when but before 1977.  Thats a long stretch of time with little progress.  U can donate to herpes research, sign petitions, spend $500/mo. on medicine from Japan.  Those r the choices here in the US.  As a group, u have to make noise, or u get overlooked.  

Lulupazoola

Thanks to all sharing on this thread.  I just started taking 1/2 per day.  I have an upcoming event where ive got to have some help.  I have been taking high doses of vitamin C with no BO's since 1/5 (thats very good for me), but thats something u have to keep at all day long, and i know I'll be distracted.  So will do amenalief for now and report back after a month.

Kurdt01

I would like to add and this is purely antecdotal at this point, I do believe that you could stretch out a pack of amenalief to last potentialy for two months… So if that helps anyone you could look at it is 250 a month versus 500 a month… And eventually who knows this could lower viral load over time where you might not even need to take it for several months or at least several weeks…I still have some of my first pack left and I’m going on three weeks of outbreak and basically symptom free of… Next pack I’ll try five days on 5 to 10 days off and just see how long it goes… So far I haven’t taken it for about a week and I’m still symptom-free. No one said this is perfect but it’s about as close as were going to get for the for seeable future… And it’s definitely worth taking.

Edited by Kurdt01

Bbloom

Anyone tried this just for episodic therapy at first sign maybe take 100mg for 3 straight days or something and see if that works and brings down how often they come or more for suppression at regular intervals?  

Kurdt01

This is probably the last time I’ll visit this thread… My bottom line is this:  if you have things that work for you don’t waste your money on this, if you don’t have a hard time with it overall don’t waste your money… This is for those people for which nothing works;  like I said in the original post it helps, it’s not miraculous but it helps if you have 1 million questions and want to know to the finest agree what it does then just order it… We wanted something for years and  it’s finally here… If you need it order it. Or continue wasting money on supplements and diet and whatever else the Internet coughs up as a cure every other day.

Lulupazoola
On 1/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Kurdt01 said:

I would like to add and this is purely antecdotal at this point, I do believe that you could stretch out a pack of amenalief to last potentialy for two months… So if that helps anyone you could look at it is 250 a month versus 500 a month… And eventually who knows this could lower viral load over time where you might not even need to take it for several months or at least several weeks…I still have some of my first pack left and I’m going on three weeks of outbreak and basically symptom free of… Next pack I’ll try five days on 5 to 10 days off and just see how long it goes… So far I haven’t taken it for about a week and I’m still symptom-free. No one said this is perfect but it’s about as close as were going to get for the for seeable future… And it’s definitely worth taking.

I hope u will keep us advised of your experimenting with the lowest dose possible to take without breakout.  The "at first sign" is not going to work for me.  My first sign is a day of nasty depression.  I dont usually grasp that its a sign until too late, and the next day is a lesion and fatigue that puts me in bed.  I have to ward it off entirely.  Vitamin C in large doses (12 g/day) has been working for me too, so my plan now is to combine the two.  Like take vitamin C in lower doses while Im on amenalief, and when I go off it, bump up the vitamin C.  Since nobody can read Japanese, we have no idea what side effects to look for.  There r sometimes side effects that dont give u symptoms, but show up in a CBC for example (as they did for me with valtrex).  So there r other reasons besides thriftiness to take as little of this drug as u can manage.

Kurdt01

That’s true and I wouldn’t take it daily anyway… Because just like with supplements I think somehow this virus learns a workaround… So I think you’re even better off taking the sporadically… If you have a hard time and it’s unpredictable when you all get out breaks I would experiment taking it for 5 to 10 days and then taking a break to see how long it lasts… If you know you get one out make a mother to outbreaks of lunch you could probably find a way to at least break that cycle which I think is very important…Regarding side effects though could be anywhere is there whatever toll constant out brakes are taking on your body?

Kurdt01

One Last thing no one can keep anyone else advised of a possible doseage… You need to try it for yourself… Everything affects all of us differently… Some of those vaccines were miraculous for some and made things worse for others… You just have to try it…I would like to see people commenting on this thread that are taking it so it’s a group of us comparing notes rather than some people taking on the burden and then reporting to others when we find something that works and/or is safe…

Toro

Hi Kurdt01,

Its been 2 months I am taking Amenalief on daily basis.I tried taking half a pill a day and it doesnt work out like the whole pill.All my disturbances from HSV1&2 vanished and I am planning to continue since Valtrex no longer sorts out.If Amenalief didint work I was planning to suicide since I no longer can deal with this virus.I really dont care about the long tern effects for using Amenalief since this is my only option left until something better comes to the market for us.I hope scientists come with a potencial cure soon.

Kurdt01

When it gets cheaper I will definitely try one whole pill a day

Lulupazoola
8 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

One Last thing no one can keep anyone else advised of a possible doseage… You need to try it for yourself… Everything affects all of us differently… Some of those vaccines were miraculous for some and made things worse for others… You just have to try it…I would like to see people commenting on this thread that are taking it so it’s a group of us comparing notes rather than some people taking on the burden and then reporting to others when we find something that works and/or is safe…

I realize that we will all have to experiment to arrive at our individual dosage.  Over the course of a lifetime of taking certain meds from time to time, i know what i can tolerate and what t i cant.  So the dose recommended is just a recommendation, even tho the dr often hands it down like Moses with his tablet.  I am an older woman with a weakened immune system, otherwise fit.  Should i take the same dose as a  young 200# guy?  It seems unlikely.  But its so good to read other people's experiences...helps u work out what u want to do.

Kurdt01

So  far the the minimum effective dose seems to be 100mg daily...,200mg daily for near total suppression.

Toro

Hi Lulu,

I am 43 years old will turn 44 in March.I also have a weak immune like yours.The only side effect of taking 200 mg a day is that I get an upset stomach.Other than that everything is ok.If half a pill works fine for you than I would only recommend of course to take half a pill a day if it suppresses

Kurdt01

I haven’t taken it for almost a week and yesterday I started to feel a little burning and irritation at skin so I took a 200 mg pill and within hours all the symptoms went away and now I feel really good again.

Lulupazoola
20 minutes ago, Kurdt01 said:

I haven’t taken it for almost a week and yesterday I started to feel a little burning and irritation at skin so I took a 200 mg pill and within hours all the symptoms went away and now I feel really good again.

Good news it can act that fast!

Lulupazoola
3 hours ago, Toro said:

Hi Lulu,

I am 43 years old will turn 44 in March.I also have a weak immune like yours.The only side effect of taking 200 mg a day is that I get an upset stomach.Other than that everything is ok.If half a pill works fine for you than I would only recommend of course to take half a pill a day if it suppresses

I think u r the only one who has reported any side effects, so that is interesting.  Now that u r able to keep your HSV symptoms under control, life will get better. Taking care of yourself should help your immunity and help your outlook too.  You r young to be having immunity issues.  

Pokemon
On 1/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, Lulupazoola said:

There r sometimes side effects that dont give u symptoms, but show up in a CBC for example (as they did for me with valtrex)

Hi. What side effects did you have with valtrex?