World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sweety042

Newly diagnosed

Sweety042

I got word yesterday that I'm positive for Genital Herpes. I have a lot of questions and a little afraid. :( Since my divorce, I've had TOO many partners for my comfort, but felt I needed to have practice for the right man. I was married 30 yrs, but only did missionary, and was sheltered sexually. I was recently dating a man that I felt I had a future with. I finally gave in for sex. Using a condom that night, but not in the AM. I gave this man oral and didn't notice a thing. But I came down with rash 4 days later, and he dropped contact the day after I noticed a rash. (I didn't mention it) Is it possible he had it on his balls instead of his penis? The rash is in my diaper rash area, not close to the opening. What now? I'm going to the Health Dept this AM to get information and treatment.

catiesmom

Yes, it's possible he had it anywhere in his "boxer shorts" region. And now, you can get it anywhere in your "boxer shorts" region. There's no set spot where this should or should not show up, really.

You'll probably want to do some research around here. The links on the right are fabulous and will answer a lot of your questions. Since you've just discovered this, it's possible you don't know a lot about where it lives and how it transfers. Those links will give you lots of information to help you get started.

Please get tested. It's the only way to really know for sure. Be sure to ask specifically for an HSV test. There are some that are more reliable than others, and i believe the Diagnosis area on the right can give you more information on that.