Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Forest

Excision Bio’s Crispr momentum through the lenses of its recently filed patents.

Recommended Posts

Cas9
19 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

This is going to sound awfully selfish but I really don’t give a flying  fuck about a prophylactic vaccine :joy:

It’s too lake to close the barn door once the stallion has bolted out as we say in my country, in other words it’s fucking useless to me then :joy:

How's you OB, still ongoing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
Just now, Cas9 said:

How's you OB, still ongoing?

Well hey there @Cas9, how’s it going baby? Still horny as fuck I bet ;)

Do you know what for a couple of weeks now they haven’t been too bad thanks for asking. My vagina is still singing the Johnny Cash song, you know the one, “and it burns, burns, burns the ring of fire” but I can tolerate this at the moment, hope it continues to improve :thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
21 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Well hey there @Cas9, how’s it going baby? Still horny as fuck I bet ;)

Do you know what for a couple of weeks now they haven’t been too bad thanks for asking. My vagina is still singing the Johnny Cash song, you know the one, “and it burns, burns, burns the ring of fire” but I can tolerate this at the moment, hope it continues to improve :thumbsup:

 

Yes, horny as usual LOL. Do you ever apply ice to your thingy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

Yes, horny as usual LOL. Do you ever apply ice to your thingy?

Yes I do sometimes.

Are you asking for because you think it will help or do you just want to fantasise about me later on? Will you be thinking of me sitting on the sofa with a cold ice pack on my “thingy”? :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
1 minute ago, Miss Horne said:

Yes I do sometimes.

Are you asking for because you think it will help or do you just want to fantasise about me later on? Will you be thinking of me sitting on the sofa with a cold ice pack on my “thingy”? :joy:

The former. Somehow, an ice pack on your thingy doesn't do it for me. You'll have to come up with something sexier :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T9000
57 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

This is going to sound awfully selfish but I really don’t give a flying  fuck about a prophylactic vaccine :joy:

It’s too lake to close the barn door once the stallion has bolted out as we say in my country, in other words it’s fucking useless to me then :joy:

That's actually why a prophylactic vaccine is the best option for herpes in my opinion. It's absolutely a pandora's box situation, and it's something I probably would have paid a lot of money to have been vaccinated against. The most major component of herpes, for most people, is the issue of infectiousness, so I don't see how you can say that a prophylactic vaccine wouldn't help you. Are you much more troubled by your own physical symptoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
Just now, T9000 said:

That's actually why a prophylactic vaccine is the best option for herpes in my opinion. It's absolutely a pandora's box situation, and it's something I probably would have paid a lot of money to have been vaccinated against. The most major component of herpes, for most people, is the issue of infectiousness, so I don't see how you can say that a prophylactic vaccine wouldn't help you. Are you much more troubled by your own physical symptoms?

I would have liked to have been vaccinated too but we weren’t and now we’ll be stuck with this damn virus for ever.

Yes I suffer immensely with my symptoms, a number of us on this forum do. I get weeks when it’s just about manageable and other weeks when I have to call in sick and not go to work because the pain is horrific and I’m incredibly uncomfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeraldpeabody

I love how supportive and helpful everyone is on this forum. its really nice. i'm glad to be part of such a wonderfully friendly environment that welcomes newbies with such openness and humility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T9000
15 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

I would have liked to have been vaccinated too but we weren’t and now we’ll be stuck with this damn virus for ever.

Yes I suffer immensely with my symptoms, a number of us on this forum do. I get weeks when it’s just about manageable and other weeks when I have to call in sick and not go to work because the pain is horrific and I’m incredibly uncomfortable. 

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. It's one thing to draw the short straw of having contracted this, it's another to draw the one that causes you to be in the minority of sufferers. Do you have hsv-2? As someone with hsv-1, who symptoms seem to now be mostly controlled by my immune system, I would probably be mostly happy with just a vaccine, but I donate to the cure research fundraiser because it's all I can do. Donate to cure research, and bitch to you people. Seems like that's the only two things I can do to help myself anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
35 minutes ago, T9000 said:

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. It's one thing to draw the short straw of having contracted this, it's another to draw the one that causes you to be in the minority of sufferers. Do you have hsv-2? As someone with hsv-1, who symptoms seem to now be mostly controlled by my immune system, I would probably be mostly happy with just a vaccine, but I donate to the cure research fundraiser because it's all I can do. Donate to cure research, and bitch to you people. Seems like that's the only two things I can do to help myself anymore.

Bless you and thank you for your kind words.

I have hsv 1, I know some people on this forum have hsv 2 and don’t suffer half as much as I do, so I don’t think it really matters what type you have. Some suffer, others don’t it seems. 

Thank you for donating, I’m really trying to get people to donate to this cause. The thought of having better treatments and perhaps a cure one day is about the only thing that keeps me going :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeraldpeabody

@Miss Horne are your OB's always including blisters? or do you get just only burning sometimes? i seem to have this constant burn / uncomfortable feeling in my groin (no blisters) that just won't go away. its been over a month since i was exposed now :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T9000
3 minutes ago, jeraldpeabody said:

@Miss Horne are your OB's always including blisters? or do you get just only burning sometimes? i seem to have this constant burn / uncomfortable feeling in my groin (no blisters) that just won't go away. its been over a month since i was exposed now :( 

Yeah I only had one actual outbreak, and then what you're describing for several months afterward, but now it's pretty mild and sparse, and I dont even really need medication. Did you actually get a diagnosis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
Just now, jeraldpeabody said:

@Miss Horne are your OB's always including blisters? or do you get just only burning sometimes? i seem to have this constant burn / uncomfortable feeling in my groin (no blisters) that just won't go away. its been over a month since i was exposed now :( 

No I don’t always have blisters, in fact I very rarely get blisters and this is why I have a hard time convincing my doctor that the itching and burning is caused by HSV. She thinks because I don’t have blisters it can’t be HSV.

It’s almost like my immune system stops the virus going into full swing but it can’t control the padromes (the warning signs that an attack is on the way). Antivirals don’t help me either so the Doctor just doesn’t know what’s going on.

Theres too many of us suffering from similar symptoms on this forum for it just to be a coincidence.

Anyway I hope you don’t suffer too much, keep your chin up :heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
1 hour ago, jeraldpeabody said:

I love how supportive and helpful everyone is on this forum. its really nice. i'm glad to be part of such a wonderfully friendly environment that welcomes newbies with such openness and humility. 

Welcome to the mad house :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeraldpeabody

@Miss Horne ah man... this is what i seem to have. how long has it been like this for you ? i hope this goes away.. its near constant pain and discomfort, it's becoming unbearable. i have odd sensations in my legs / inner thigh too. the thought of sleeping with someone else is just not in mind let alone touching my private parts. i feel so disgusting, all hope of finding a partner and having an intimate sex life are just out the window! fuck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne

 

4 minutes ago, jeraldpeabody said:

@Miss Horne ah man... this is what i seem to have. how long has it been like this for you ? i hope this goes away.. its near constant pain and discomfort, it's becoming unbearable. i have odd sensations in my legs / inner thigh too. the thought of sleeping with someone else is just not in mind let alone touching my private parts. i feel so disgusting, all hope of finding a partner and having an intimate sex life are just out the window! fuck! 

I’ve had it off and on for about a year but everything got super inflamed and out of control last October due to a very stressful period of time in work I believe. It’s only in the last week or so it’s calmed down but I still feel much discomfort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeraldpeabody

@Miss Horne i'm really sorry to hear that :( i hope you feel better soon and i hope the scientists find a way to treat this really horrible virus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
2 minutes ago, jeraldpeabody said:

@Miss Horne i'm really sorry to hear that :( i hope you feel better soon and i hope the scientists find a way to treat this really horrible virus.

 

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you are on the mend too :thumbsup:

Edited by Miss Horne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
4 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

This is going to sound awfully selfish but I really don’t give a flying  fuck about a prophylactic vaccine :joy:

It’s too lake to close the barn door once the stallion has bolted out as we say in my country, in other words it’s fucking useless to me then :joy:

I know what you mean. I fully understand the sentiment :)

That said, I think a prophylactic vaccine would help reduce the stigma.  People wouldn't care as much if somebody has herpes if they knew it's less likely to be transmitted.

Also, some of these prophylactic vaccines may have modest therapeutic effects as well (in the video posted above, Betsy Herold mentioned that it also seemed to help already infected animals).  The trivalent vaccine isn't expected to be therapeutic, but they are also workign on a "prime and pull" application that would be intended to have a therapeutic effect, though I understand that effort is going more slowly.

So net, net--I agree, a prophylactic vaccine is less than ideal for our situation, but if that's all that came, it would be better than nothing. 

Obviously, a cure or partial cure would be the best for us, and that's what I also hope for above all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp

I think Cas9 is basically correct in saying: "No, it's designed to be a prophylactic. Could it also have therapeutic possibilities? Maybe."

The therapeutic potential is basically a 6 second sound bite in that long video.  It's not the main focus.  

That said, as Cas9 mentioned, it could have some therapeutic effect and Betsy Herold alluded to it, so that's intriguing.  And in that sense, jeraldpeabody isn't wrong either.  

Edited by MikeHerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
2 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

No I don’t always have blisters, in fact I very rarely get blisters and this is why I have a hard time convincing my doctor that the itching and burning is caused by HSV. She thinks because I don’t have blisters it can’t be HSV.

It’s almost like my immune system stops the virus going into full swing but it can’t control the padromes (the warning signs that an attack is on the way). Antivirals don’t help me either so the Doctor just doesn’t know what’s going on.

Theres too many of us suffering from similar symptoms on this forum for it just to be a coincidence.

Anyway I hope you don’t suffer too much, keep your chin up :heart:

Yeah, it seems some people and medical professionals take the view that if you don't have massive blisters that are gushing both blood and puss, then you're A-OK.  

But I can tell you, that this can be very unpleasant and interfere with life well short of having that kind of extreme case.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutchy
23 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

This is going to sound awfully selfish but I really don’t give a flying  fuck about a prophylactic vaccine :joy:

It’s too lake to close the barn door once the stallion has bolted out as we say in my country, in other words it’s fucking useless to me then :joy:

Well i would be more than happy if my partner could have a vaccin. That would mean our sexlife would be carefree!!! ( Well IT already is most time...would make.me happy though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.