World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Newone2

Biggest regret of my life

Newone2

Thank you everyone that commented here on this subject. I'm just really struggling with all this. Having all of you to talk to really does help though. I appreciate it more then you know.

KG303
2 minutes ago, Newone2 said:

Thank you for your kind words. I'm in no way offended by what you are saying as well. Unfortunately she wasn't honest with me before becoming intimate which is why I feel the way I do. She waited three months to tell me and she only told me because I brought it up in conversation randomly. By that time there was already and emotional connection and she had preformed oral 4 or 5 times. I asked in the very beginning if she had anything and she told me she had tested negative for everything. She didn't feel hsv1 counted since she had it from when she was a child and had not had an outbreak in 5 years. Had she told me in the beginning (first week or two) I would have respectfully passed. Instead she waited until emotions were involved and then made me question my gut instinct with BS statistics and flat out untrue statements about the virus. So did my doctor, friend, family. Bottom line is the honest truth is if you yourself do not carry the virus and become involved with a person that does you will eventually get it. She made it seem as though that was an impossibility. It was deceitful. Regardless, I'm here now because I chose to trust someone when my gut told me otherwise. I let other people that would not have to suffer the consequences sway my decision. That will never happen again with anything and I don't care how many people think I'm an asshole for it. I will never again put someone else's feelings above my own well being. That being said I believe a lot of what you said and appreciate your comment. Thank you for your support.

No problem and I’m extremely sorry that this happened to you. No matter how much I wish I could make it go away and not disclose, I would never not disclose. I tell people before it even gets serious because I’ve leatned to not feel ashamed about it and they’re usually very understanding. I just want to make people realize that it’s not something you get from sleeping around with everyone, it can happen from just one time. 

Anyway, I know how upset you feel so I wouldn’t contact her anymore. That was extremely wrong of her. Most people think GHSV1 isn’t a big deal and don’t disclose, or even oral HSV1 and more and more people catch it everyday. It’s really becoming an epidemic but I have faith in the people working to find us a cure. Just take care of yourself for now and try a few dating sites when you’re ready. Or regular people, cause most don’t give a shit. I look at everyone and assume they have it cause we’re so uneducated about it. One of my friends told me the other day that about a year ago she got a Pap test or something of that sort and the doctor told her they found HSV1. Did she even look it up or does she disclose? No, of course not. You can learn from this and be better and I do see your side of the story better now. Once again, best of luck to you :) 

Hopefloats30
1 hour ago, Newone2 said:

The good news is we are still young so time is on our side. Even if it is just a vaccine that prevents infection that would be enough. I know that's not the best for us but at least we wouldn't be able to pass it on to anyone else. I have a lot of hope for crispr though. That could potentially bring us a full cure. 

Hellz ya we are still young. So go to top golf and order a bucket of beers and relax. 

Newone2
5 hours ago, Hopefloats30 said:

Hellz ya we are still young. So go to top golf and order a bucket of beers and relax. 

Yooo top golf is awesome! Specially if you mix it with tequila haha. I like your style hopefloats30.B|

Ladyb2018
On 1/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, RainyDay2 said:

@Newone2Yea pretty much did get talked into it.  I was planning on ghosting her after she told me one day, but my boy was like you should still be cool with her since she was real with you and told you, and I felt guilty. We had already been intimate, kissing and shit in bed, but no sex, so I was happy she told me but mad at the same time.  She kept texting me and I did some research and the bullshit they tell you online says you have a 4% chance of catching it if she's not having an outbreak, and if you wear a condom even less of chance. I was like wow, that's not bad.  But I strongly feel now that's a fucking lie. So after much hesitance, and a few weeks of trying to dodge her texts, she texts me on a drunken night and in the end I went over and planned on just hanging with her.  One thing led to the next, and I decided to have sex but be very safe.  No hip touching, just penis in the vagina.  She felt the condom she gives me break inside as soon as we start.  Worst night of my life.  Ran to the bathroom and washed off the yeasty white vagina secretions on my dick and prayed to God I wasn't infected.

Two days later my dick is tingling at the tip, and then all types of shit starts happening to my body.

Every blood test I've taken has been negative.  The big pimple that popped up in my pubic hair days after the incident never got swabbed because my doctor said it looked like an ingrown hair so I wanted to believe her.  I wish she would have just swabbed the shit like I told her to.

I fight this depression and anger every single morning.  I'm still living my life the best I can, and just want a damn diagnosis so I can at least know for sure I have it.  Every time my penis burns, some random nerve burns in my body, or my anus itches, I get reminded of that fucking night.  Nothing ever appears on my penis though, so I have nothing to swab. 

Well for one wherever you read HSV2 is only a 4% chance of transmission was absolutely wrong . It’s way higher then that even on meds . So yea not sure where you got that information from unless you’re mistaken ghsv1 which is a way lower rate of transmission. 

Ladyb2018
On 1/28/2019 at 11:35 PM, Hopefloats30 said:

Okie dokie. Thank you very much for your opinion. I appreciate it. 

Actually Wilson is right you should assume its on your mouth until you have a swab and be more careful because its more contagious. The fact is if you get ghsv1 it’s “better” then on the mouth . Less likely to shed and less likely to have another reoccurrence .  I got it from oral sex performed on me that’s how much it sheds on the mouth. For me I don’t have to really worry about my mouth and I really don’t worry about genital to genital sex either ( rate is so low of transmission) . So just get swabbed so you can figure out where it is and actually hope it’s down there lol . 

T9000

I would kill to have known that my giver had this is in any capacity before I had sex with him. I'm guessing he had it orally just because statistically it seems more likely. I don't know if I would still have had sex with him if I knew that, but even though I was aware that it's possible to transmit it sexually, it's one of those things that intuitively doesn't seem that likely, so from the outset I can see how you made that mistake. I really didn't think I would contract it from one fucking instance of sex either. It's incredible to me. What pisses me off is how poorly educated I was about it. I just wish I had read this website a few times at some point. I feel like sex education should have a much larger focus on what herpes actually is, and that's it much more likely to ruin your life than any other std if you're an average middle class American. I was educated from the abstinence-only perspective, which is clearly a stupid waste of time because it's completely incompatible with our culture. I feel like the medical community doesn't want people with oral hsv to know that they are ticking time bombs, but honestly we're at the point where it's unacceptable that nothing has changed in so much time. The consequences for people are too grave when they get it as a young person. If the medical community really gave a shit then they could have started advocating heavily for much better drugs about 20 years ago. It wouldn't be such a big deal to test people for it if there were drugs that could reasonably prevent transmission. I can understand choosing not to blood test people for it, but the fact that that this fact is so well obfuscated from the public seems criminal to me. Public opinion would be much, much different if people knew the whole story. I feel like the medical establishment has essentially pulled one over on the the general public about it, intentionally or not, and that public opinion/pressure about it would be very different if people knew the whole story. The fact that doctors themselves either don't understand, or refuse to acknowledge the true risks and complications, is the true origin of the problem with this disease in my opinion.

KG303
8 minutes ago, T9000 said:

I would kill to have known that my giver had this is in any capacity before I had sex with him. I'm guessing he had it orally just because statistically it seems more likely. I don't know if I would still have had sex with him if I knew that, but even though I was aware that it's possible to transmit it sexually, it's one of those things that intuitively doesn't seem that likely, so from the outset I can see how you made that mistake. I really didn't think I would contract it from one fucking instance of sex either. It's incredible to me. What pisses me off is how poorly educated I was about it. I just wish I had read this website a few times at some point. I feel like sex education should have a much larger focus on what herpes actually is, and that's it much more likely to ruin your life than any other std if you're an average middle class American. I was educated from the abstinence-only perspective, which is clearly a stupid waste of time because it's completely incompatible with our culture. I feel like the medical community doesn't want people with oral hsv to know that they are ticking time bombs, but honestly we're at the point where it's unacceptable that nothing has changed in so much time. The consequences for people are too grave when they get it as a young person. If the medical community really gave a shit then they could have started advocating heavily for much better drugs about 20 years ago. It wouldn't be such a big deal to test people for it if there were drugs that could reasonably prevent transmission. I can understand choosing not to blood test people for it, but the fact that that this fact is so well obfuscated from the public seems criminal to me. Public opinion would be much, much different if people knew the whole story. I feel like the medical establishment has essentially pulled one over on the the general public about it, intentionally or not, and that public opinion/pressure about it would be very different if people knew the whole story. The fact that doctors themselves either don't understand, or refuse to acknowledge the true risks and complications, is the true origin of the problem with this disease in my opinion.

How are you a ticking time bomb? You do realize that HIV kills because it weakens your immune system and makes you so much more suspectible to all kinds of scary shit, right? How is herpes the one std that will ruin your life? Do you know how chlamydia and gonorrhea affects babies? Do you know that they can permantly damage your tubes from PID and you’ll never be able to have kids again? Or that it can cause men to be sterile? Did you know that gonorrhea is now becomg resistant and therefore permanent? Sure, you can take 4 pills and get rid of chlamydia. But chlamydia is silent. When I had it, I would have never known until I figured out what the guy was doing behind my back and decided the smartest thing for me to do was to get tested. Hpv causes warts and can be cancerous. Syphilis can kill you, all it takes is a few months. And then there’s herpes. The dreaded horrible disgusting genital herpes. If you get stuck with hep b, well, good luck Charlie. 

And yes, we may have better treatment for these diseases than we do HSV. But this is what makes the stigma so much worse. I’m not saying for people to live a carefree life and disregard their diagnosis of genital herpes but I mean shit, I’m tired of it being seen as life threatening and shit. It’s not. Most stds kill you eventually. When has herpes ever killed one person? besides newborns and babies who end up getting infected by a kiss or their mother having an outbreak when giving birth(which usually does not happen if the right precautions are taken) this is dumb. The power we let it have over us is dumb. I hate it when people come on here and they’re newly infected to see talk about how it’s the worst thing ever and see things about people saying they will kill theirselves. 

Lets be realistic. I was that person too when I first found out. I scavenged this forum and found all the bad and ugly things. And I thought I’ll never have sex again or I’ll never be happy again. And although I’m still not getting all the sex that I think I deserve, Ive learned to not let herpes define me. All that shit about wanting to kill yourself because of it really brings you down. There won’t be a cure for years. Fu*cking ten years and that’s the minimum at best. And even then it might still flop so I really think people ought to realize things could be worse. It’s an opportunity to take better care of yourself and not sleep with people who don’t respect you anyways. I still feel down sometimes but I know it’s not a big deal. Why should ANYONE be ashamed when we get it from something like having protected sex, oral sex, or kissing. Just an idea. 

T9000
1 hour ago, KG303 said:

How are you a ticking time bomb? You do realize that HIV kills because it weakens your immune system and makes you so much more suspectible to all kinds of scary shit, right? How is herpes the one std that will ruin your life? Do you know how chlamydia and gonorrhea affects babies? Do you know that they can permantly damage your tubes from PID and you’ll never be able to have kids again? Or that it can cause men to be sterile? Did you know that gonorrhea is now becomg resistant and therefore permanent? Sure, you can take 4 pills and get rid of chlamydia. But chlamydia is silent. When I had it, I would have never known until I figured out what the guy was doing behind my back and decided the smartest thing for me to do was to get tested. Hpv causes warts and can be cancerous. Syphilis can kill you, all it takes is a few months. And then there’s herpes. The dreaded horrible disgusting genital herpes. If you get stuck with hep b, well, good luck Charlie. 

And yes, we may have better treatment for these diseases than we do HSV. But this is what makes the stigma so much worse. I’m not saying for people to live a carefree life and disregard their diagnosis of genital herpes but I mean shit, I’m tired of it being seen as life threatening and shit. It’s not. Most stds kill you eventually. When has herpes ever killed one person? besides newborns and babies who end up getting infected by a kiss or their mother having an outbreak when giving birth(which usually does not happen if the right precautions are taken) this is dumb. The power we let it have over us is dumb. I hate it when people come on here and they’re newly infected to see talk about how it’s the worst thing ever and see things about people saying they will kill theirselves. 

Lets be realistic. I was that person too when I first found out. I scavenged this forum and found all the bad and ugly things. And I thought I’ll never have sex again or I’ll never be happy again. And although I’m still not getting all the sex that I think I deserve, Ive learned to not let herpes define me. All that shit about wanting to kill yourself because of it really brings you down. There won’t be a cure for years. Fu*cking ten years and that’s the minimum at best. And even then it might still flop so I really think people ought to realize things could be worse. It’s an opportunity to take better care of yourself and not sleep with people who don’t respect you anyways. I still feel down sometimes but I know it’s not a big deal. Why should ANYONE be ashamed when we get it from something like having protected sex, oral sex, or kissing. Just an idea. 

I'm very much aware of how hiv works. The truth of the matter is that a middle-class, straight white woman like myself is likely never going to contract hiv, especially if using condoms. It's just not that common anymore. Just as it's not that likely that I'll ever become infertile or develop cancer from an std. It's possible, but it's not something really worth worrying about if you're doing all you can to practice safe sex. Statistically speaking, I've probably already contracted hpv at some point. Syphilis can be risky if it's unsymptomatic, but I much rather would have had symptomatic syphilis than this. Antibiotic resistance is definitely coming, but it's not here yet. You're still better off in most cases contracting a bacterial infection. Hep b is something that we are vaccinated against as children. When I say ticking time bomb, I'm simply referring to the fact that these people with oral are likely going to transmit their infections sexually at some point. I'm not saying it's going to result in any significant morbidity, but the metaphor is appropriate. Herpes is a much more likely life ruiner because it is LIKELY, PERMANENT, and it is very difficult to protect yourself from. This is regardless of class, color, or lifestyle. Being a young person who is smack dab in the middle of trying to find your life partner and then suddenly being shut out of 95% of the dating pool is a pretty damn devastating circumstance in my opinion. One that then affects your ability to enjoy the other aspects of your life because you are miserable in your loneliness. Then there's the possibility that you will never again find a partner that is suitable and satisfactory for you. Again how is this not serious? I obviously agree that no one should be ashamed but obviously that isn't really the issue. The issue is that people don't want permanent genital sores which they then give to all of their future partners. Even if not everyone is symptomatic, you're still playing a lottery. Also I couldn't give a shit less if the people I was sleeping with before didn't respect me. What was important to me was having the CHOICE to sleep with whoever I wanted. If they turned out to not be up to par, I moved on and it was no biggie. Herpes takes away your power and ability to choose, which is one of the most important parts of being an adult and dating. It just feels disabling. I would choose to have this over being infertile, but that's the lesser of a bad choice. The disease unfortunately is a big deal in terms of how it affects you psychosocially. No amount of saying that it shouldn't be is ever going to change the circumstances of the situation. All I want is to have been told in very explicit terms the impact that this common disease would have upon my life as a young person. That's it. To have someone have sat me down and explained to me that this disease would result in an immediate and prolonged reduction in my quality of life. To have someone have sat me down-particularly a medical professional-and explained to me that I should be picky about potential partners and possibly only sleep with people who got a herpes blood test first. I don't know if I would have done the latter, but I probably would have at least gotten to know everyone fairly well before I had sex with them. It just feels like I was completely let down by the professionals who are supposed to help me protect myself against these things, just because they happen to disagree with public opinion about it. There's obviously a huge disconnect between the way the medical community thinks about it, and the actual reality of how the disease affects people. The "stigma" is really just people exercising common sense for the most part. I disagree with you fundamentally. The disease needs to be taken more seriously by the medical establishment so that people who have it can have medical interventions that help them live more normal lives. These things are obviously not coming anytime soon, but the "stigma" isn't going away any sooner. I want these things so people in the future don't have to suffer the way I am. I'm honestly not even anticipating that we'll have have a vaccine in 20 years' time, but if we don't I'll be so be incredibly pissed about it. It pisses me off to listen to people talk about having it for 20 years and nothing has changed. That's way too fucking long for something that COULD have changed to not have. It's not like there couldn't be better drugs available by now. We all know we could have had that if the right people actually gave a shit.

KG303
On 2/1/2019 at 3:17 AM, T9000 said:

I'm very much aware of how hiv works. The truth of the matter is that a middle-class, straight white woman like myself is likely never going to contract hiv, especially if using condoms. It's just not that common anymore. Just as it's not that likely that I'll ever become infertile or develop cancer from an std. It's possible, but it's not something really worth worrying about if you're doing all you can to practice safe sex. Statistically speaking, I've probably already contracted hpv at some point. Syphilis can be risky if it's unsymptomatic, but I much rather would have had symptomatic syphilis than this. Antibiotic resistance is definitely coming, but it's not here yet. You're still better off in most cases contracting a bacterial infection. Hep b is something that we are vaccinated against as children. When I say ticking time bomb, I'm simply referring to the fact that these people with oral are likely going to transmit their infections sexually at some point. I'm not saying it's going to result in any significant morbidity, but the metaphor is appropriate. Herpes is a much more likely life ruiner because it is LIKELY, PERMANENT, and it is very difficult to protect yourself from. This is regardless of class, color, or lifestyle. Being a young person who is smack dab in the middle of trying to find your life partner and then suddenly being shut out of 95% of the dating pool is a pretty damn devastating circumstance in my opinion. One that then affects your ability to enjoy the other aspects of your life because you are miserable in your loneliness. Then there's the possibility that you will never again find a partner that is suitable and satisfactory for you. Again how is this not serious? I obviously agree that no one should be ashamed but obviously that isn't really the issue. The issue is that people don't want permanent genital sores which they then give to all of their future partners. Even if not everyone is symptomatic, you're still playing a lottery. Also I couldn't give a shit less if the people I was sleeping with before didn't respect me. What was important to me was having the CHOICE to sleep with whoever I wanted. If they turned out to not be up to par, I moved on and it was no biggie. Herpes takes away your power and ability to choose, which is one of the most important parts of being an adult and dating. It just feels disabling. I would choose to have this over being infertile, but that's the lesser of a bad choice. The disease unfortunately is a big deal in terms of how it affects you psychosocially. No amount of saying that it shouldn't be is ever going to change the circumstances of the situation. All I want is to have been told in very explicit terms the impact that this common disease would have upon my life as a young person. That's it. To have someone have sat me down and explained to me that this disease would result in an immediate and prolonged reduction in my quality of life. To have someone have sat me down-particularly a medical professional-and explained to me that I should be picky about potential partners and possibly only sleep with people who got a herpes blood test first. I don't know if I would have done the latter, but I probably would have at least gotten to know everyone fairly well before I had sex with them. It just feels like I was completely let down by the professionals who are supposed to help me protect myself against these things, just because they happen to disagree with public opinion about it. There's obviously a huge disconnect between the way the medical community thinks about it, and the actual reality of how the disease affects people. The "stigma" is really just people exercising common sense for the most part. I disagree with you fundamentally. The disease needs to be taken more seriously by the medical establishment so that people who have it can have medical interventions that help them live more normal lives. These things are obviously not coming anytime soon, but the "stigma" isn't going away any sooner. I want these things so people in the future don't have to suffer the way I am. I'm honestly not even anticipating that we'll have have a vaccine in 20 years' time, but if we don't I'll be so be incredibly pissed about it. It pisses me off to listen to people talk about having it for 20 years and nothing has changed. That's way too fucking long for something that COULD have changed to not have. It's not like there couldn't be better drugs available by now. We all know we could have had that if the right people actually gave a shit.

I’m super late for this reply, I kind of took a break for a while because it gets pretty depressing seeing posts about people wanting to end their lives over it. You are right, this disease really takes away a lot of your options and choices. So although we may differ I feel as if we agree on a lot of things and I respect you for being so mature about it. I’m sorry if I came across as careless or mean. I feel like sometimes I make it seem like it’s not a big deal although I know it should be taken more seriously. But there are so many more diagnoses each and every day and many people have the disease without knowing it. It just hurts me when I see someone let it consume their lives because I remember that that was me at one point and I don’t ever want to feel that low again. 

My opinion doesn’t matter much but here it goes anyway. There’s no way there won’t be a cure in the future with all the advancements happening with gene editing. That gives me hope. I’m hoping it just proves to be completely safe and gets fast tracked so everything will be all fine and dandy. I want that more than anything because like many others I tried to do the right things but I was naive about my partners and about this disease. I knew about it though and I never once thought it was disgusting. I knew almost everyone had some type of it. We’re humans and we will never be perfect so I try to move on. Posts like that just worry me about newcomers who were recently diagnosed. They don’t need to feel like their lives are over cause it’s certainly not. You know that as a woman, if you go on suppressive therapy and use condoms and be open and honest with your partner, then there’s not a big chance of you spreading it? Granted there is still some chance, but if someone likes you for you then why does this skin condition matter? I’ve had it over 6 months now so I might just finally be at the point where I’ve chosen to live and be happy regardless of my diagnosis. I don’t know if you were recently diagnosed but I hope you find peace one day. I’m sure you’re a great girl just from the way you speak and I just want people to realize that it does not have to define you. There will be some who do not understand or who are absolutely ignorant but they may have it themselves. We have an advantage, we know about our condition so we’re highly likely to do everything we can to protect our partners. I’m not trying to imply that you’re extremely upset about it, but I decided to choose happiness because although there’s is a great chance for a cure, I think this is my opportunity to try to love myself and understand myself. That’s all I want people to see. I wanted them to see there are worse things out here than just herpes also. Doctors do take the disease as a joke. I cannot tell you how many posts I’ve seen about people getting infected or infecting others due to their ill advice. There will always be a stigma associated with it. I’m one person, so I can’t change it myself. But I really hope you don’t get yourself down over this. Push through it. I still get down myself every once in a while but it’s what we make it. I’m trying my best and I hope you can do that also. Best wishes to you. 

T9000
On 2/6/2019 at 5:58 PM, KG303 said:

I’m super late for this reply, I kind of took a break for a while because it gets pretty depressing seeing posts about people wanting to end their lives over it. You are right, this disease really takes away a lot of your options and choices. So although we may differ I feel as if we agree on a lot of things and I respect you for being so mature about it. I’m sorry if I came across as careless or mean. I feel like sometimes I make it seem like it’s not a big deal although I know it should be taken more seriously. But there are so many more diagnoses each and every day and many people have the disease without knowing it. It just hurts me when I see someone let it consume their lives because I remember that that was me at one point and I don’t ever want to feel that low again. 

My opinion doesn’t matter much but here it goes anyway. There’s no way there won’t be a cure in the future with all the advancements happening with gene editing. That gives me hope. I’m hoping it just proves to be completely safe and gets fast tracked so everything will be all fine and dandy. I want that more than anything because like many others I tried to do the right things but I was naive about my partners and about this disease. I knew about it though and I never once thought it was disgusting. I knew almost everyone had some type of it. We’re humans and we will never be perfect so I try to move on. Posts like that just worry me about newcomers who were recently diagnosed. They don’t need to feel like their lives are over cause it’s certainly not. You know that as a woman, if you go on suppressive therapy and use condoms and be open and honest with your partner, then there’s not a big chance of you spreading it? Granted there is still some chance, but if someone likes you for you then why does this skin condition matter? I’ve had it over 6 months now so I might just finally be at the point where I’ve chosen to live and be happy regardless of my diagnosis. I don’t know if you were recently diagnosed but I hope you find peace one day. I’m sure you’re a great girl just from the way you speak and I just want people to realize that it does not have to define you. There will be some who do not understand or who are absolutely ignorant but they may have it themselves. We have an advantage, we know about our condition so we’re highly likely to do everything we can to protect our partners. I’m not trying to imply that you’re extremely upset about it, but I decided to choose happiness because although there’s is a great chance for a cure, I think this is my opportunity to try to love myself and understand myself. That’s all I want people to see. I wanted them to see there are worse things out here than just herpes also. Doctors do take the disease as a joke. I cannot tell you how many posts I’ve seen about people getting infected or infecting others due to their ill advice. There will always be a stigma associated with it. I’m one person, so I can’t change it myself. But I really hope you don’t get yourself down over this. Push through it. I still get down myself every once in a while but it’s what we make it. I’m trying my best and I hope you can do that also. Best wishes to you. 

It's okay. I wasn't trying to downplay the potential seriousness of your bacterial infection. I think my post kind of was doing that, which isn't good. But again it's frustrating to me. All types of bacterial and viral infections also have potentially serious consequences, but oftentimes are eliminated by the body on it's own, so why are the sexually-transmitted ones segregated and obsessed over? Abstinence-based sexual educational doesn't actually acknowledge what herpes does to a person's life. It just uses the ugliness of it as a weapon, but then throws something like chlamydia into the exact same category, even though they are very different diseases. Chlamydia is potentially more serious physically, but ultimately something most people will be cured of and able to move on from. Herpes is generally more benign, but it's much more seriously psychosocially, and also a lot more common. These diseases are both a part of life, but they aren't really regarded that way. Why is that? As for people being reminded of the fact that they could have an arguably much worse disease? I think that's honestly a pointless and counterproductive exercise. I'm intuitively aware of the fact that my disease is better than terminal cancer. I think that by throwing this in people's faces, we encourage complacency and guilt people into not feeling angry. Other people's diseases, however sad, don't have anything to do with my situation. Other people suffering worse isn't somehow going to make my situation any better. So I think it just serves to derail the conversation unfortunately. As for people threatening to kill themselves. Well those people obviously need to seek out therapy, but all we can do is recommend that to them. I'm sorry that you also have to deal with this disease as well. It's not right and we're both probably too young to have this. I wish you the best as well.

T9000

And also I don't want to discount your coping mechanisms. If being grateful works good for you, then definitely keep doing that, but I hate to see any potential progress stifled because people are always led to the conclusion that they're being ungrateful and unreasonable. It's just that nothing has changed in such a long time, and with herpes it seems like you have no real options to help yourself besides just getting over it. I really don't think it should be like that.

GlitterDx

Everything can always be worse. That doesn't make it any easier. Everyone is struggling with something, compounded by more somethings. It piles on. 

But calming down helps!!! Breathe.

I suggest that anyone that hasn't had luck with Valacyclovir or has been on it forever switch to Famciclovir. For anyone that asks me why, as always, my answer is just because. It helped me and its helped others. Sorry to our Euro friends using acyclovir... sorry that is LAME.

Also, get sleep and cut the sugar. Research the TH1 vs TH2 immune response system and diet. 

Budeprion XL helps depression AND herpes! It helps with herpes at least for a while. Start on l;ow dose.

And look up "low dose naltrexone" on this forum. 

For the actual sores... tea tree oil, peppermint oil, coconut oil,  (or your own crazy concoction of all three) and saline sprays, peroxide ... and my favorite, rubbing alcohol, a match with a razor blade (Just kidding)!

But do NOT kill yourself. Go on a walk. Call someone. 

We wait for something better... Cheers.

NOTE: Phantom itching, that you assume is herpes with no sores could be HPV, as high risk HPV does not genital warts. Females...  go to a doctor for a PCR test  and get your yearly exam.

Edited by GlitterDx

Miss Horne
13 minutes ago, GlitterDx said:

Sorry to our Euro friends using acyclovir... sorry that is LAME.

I find tic tacs work better than aciclovir!

GlitterDx
10 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

I find tic tacs work better than aciclovir!

That is so lame! Euro folks should get a prescription from their doctor and order valacyclovir from Canada. 

Miss Horne
2 minutes ago, GlitterDx said:

That is so lame! Euro folks should get a prescription from their doctor and order valacyclovir from Canada. 

We can buy Valacyclovir here in the UK but we’ve also got this wonderful healthcare system called the NHS, which basically gives you free prescriptions. Hence why we have the cheapest, shittiest, least effective drugs going! 

GlitterDx
2 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

We can buy Valacyclovir here in the UK but we’ve also got this wonderful healthcare system called the NHS, which basically gives you free prescriptions. Hence why we have the cheapest, shittiest, least effective drugs going! 

How much for generic valtrex

Miss Horne
2 minutes ago, GlitterDx said:

How much for generic valtrex

Cheapest I could find was £106 (about 138 dollars) for 3 months supply. I don’t have a problem paying that amount but don’t find Valtrex that great either.

Roll on Pritlevir I say :thumbsup:

meg988

the guy who gave me ghsv1 says he didnt know but clearly never used protection cos after i expressed symptoms he got checked and had the clap as well... so furious because he pressured me into getting with him, and now im fucking depressed, can't find anything good in my life anymore, have to talk myself out of offing myself most nights no ones home. feel hideous now as well and like no one should come near me.. how do you move past this? straight up have nothing to live for.